News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Translations: Magical Quest 3 starring Mickey & Donald update patch v1.2 released  (Read 1314 times)

RHDNBot

Update By: Jonny

This update adds some finishing touches to the old version, most notable being a 2-line star effect on stage names, graphic updates and a script revision. People send a lot of messages about this game so hopefully this final update will be ok. This is also the last of the old RPGONE translation updates.

RHDN Project Page

Relevant Link

Stifu

• View Profile
Could anyone please confirm if the Nephew Colors Hack works on this version?

PS: Overall, I think the v1.1 title screen looked better. "Magical Quest" is written in a bland way, and some parts seem to have been changed for the hell of it.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2018, 07:28:12 am by Stifu »

Q

• View Profile
Thanks for updating all these old translations. I've heard this is an awesome series; this will give me an excuse to finally play through it.

KingMike

• Forum Moderator
  • *sigh* A changed avatar. Big deal.
    • View Profile
It's a Capcom franchise, which means the first is a good game and the sequels are more like level packs. Still good, just not much different. :)
"My watch says 30 chickens" Google, 2018

mushguy

• View Profile
It would be really nice if the script from the GBA translation was ported to the SNES game someday.

Johnny2071

• RHDN Patreon Supporter!
    • View Profile
Big problem, I tried patching this game with the latest update, and now the game won't boot up in Snes9xGX.

Same issue with the big update for Do-Re-Mi Fantasy.

supersonicjc

• View Profile

PS: Overall, I think the v1.1 title screen looked better. "Magical Quest" is written in a bland way, and some parts seem to have been changed for the hell of it.
so I tested the nephews hack out and it plays fine for me, honestly I patched the translation patch then just soft patch the nephew colors patch or you could go the other way too I guess

Jonny

• View Profile
Yes sure the nephew color hack works with this updated translation.

The nephew color hack just swaps the nephew palettes around and does not affect the text. You can see the 3 nephew palettes that are changed here.

Thanks for your compliments about the old title screen. I'm quite glad some people liked it. For me that old subtitle was poorly made and was updated a long time ago, just was never released until now.

Only whats been listed in the change log has been updated, as there was specific issues. For example with the script, a couple of times in the old version it played Mickey's SE while Donald was speaking, which has been corrected in v1.2.

It would be really nice if the script from the GBA translation was ported to the SNES game someday.
That would be a fun project for you to do mushguy. Personally I think if you want to read the GBA script then play the GBA version. (That's what the GBA version is there for). I'd rather read the SFC version's script on the SNES.

It's quite funny that they merged the stage name "Harvest" festival into that hint text - "Harvest useful items from magic boxes".

Thanks for updating all these old translations. I've heard this is an awesome series; this will give me an excuse to finally play through it.
This and Great Circus Mystery are so much fun played as 2 Player co-op, that's why I really enjoyed this series.

Candra Software

• I'm a thing of the past now
    • View Profile
I've never heard anyone suggest the Magical Quest sequels for co-op playthroughs. They seem like nice choices to me.

vhr2121

• Vincent Hernandez! Cool Story, Bro!
    • View Profile
    • Vincent's Hidden Gaming Place
Great Work here. I tried this on ZSNES and no issues. Need to try it with other emulators, though.

I've never heard anyone suggest the Magical Quest sequels for co-op playthroughs. They seem like nice choices to me.

You know, this is an idea I'd like to talk about with a friend when I get the chance. He might be interested in doing a netplay session of this game (and the Great Circus Mistery as well) someday.

Jonny

• View Profile
Great Work here. I tried this on ZSNES and no issues. Need to try it with other emulators, though.

You know, this is an idea I'd like to talk about with a friend when I get the chance. He might be interested in doing a netplay session of this game (and the Great Circus Mistery as well) someday.

The translation has been tested with the latest Snes9x, bsnes, SNES Mini and also on a real Snes.  I've played Netplay sessions of this game on Snes9X and it worked fine, so I would definitely recommend Snes9X to play it or the Great Circus Mystery with your friend.