News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Saved states of just boss fights for emulators PrePS2  (Read 1425 times)

elhnad

• View Profile
Saved states of just boss fights for emulators PrePS2
« on: November 30, 2018, 12:47:13 pm »
Hi,
Getting older sucks as I get distracted by other things and can't just relax and enjoy exploring as I feel there's other things to do or I should do with my time. Last 1 player game I played was Dark Souls 3, and before that was a long time ago. DS3 is supposed to be an amazing experience, but I was annoyed at the adventure part and just wanted to progress to fight the bosses, which i've always found to be the most exciting part of 1 player games.

So does anybody know of a public or private collection of saved states of right before boss fights...I don't really care about the customization part; as long as i start with a halfwaydecent enuf weapon and at a decent enuf level not to be killed in 3 hits, i'd rather game that way, as sad as it sounds.

gamefaq's have saved game files for consoles and they don't seem to transfer over to emulators. I have a lot of catching up to do so looking for PS and gamecube and before saved states

Isao Kronos

• View Profile
Re: Saved states of just boss fights for emulators PrePS2
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2018, 01:17:06 pm »
gamefaqs, maybe.

NERV Agent

• Restricted Access
  • Eva Unit 01
    • View Profile
    • Watch my anime shitposts on YouTube! Smell them, too!
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2018, 02:17:07 pm »
gamefaq's have saved game files for consoles and they don't seem to transfer over to emulators. I have a lot of catching up to do so looking for PS and gamecube and before saved states

http://www.codemasters-project.net/portal-english/apportal/download.php?view.20

You can use that to change the memory card format to whatever format your emulator uses.

elhnad

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2018, 05:47:37 pm »
Thanks for the psx link.
PSx is a great system with tons of games i haven't played. Are there any more editors of other systems; the link you provided makes it slightly difficult to tell for other systems

Jorpho

• The cat screams with the voice of a man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2018, 07:53:52 pm »
This sounds like an oddly specific request.  I would think you'd have an easier time finding games with built-in boss rush modes.

Perhaps you would enjoy shooters like Warning Forever or Every Extend, which are nothing but bosses?  And I've heard lovely things about Furi.
https://store.steampowered.com/app/423230/Furi/
This signature is an illusion and is a trap devised by Satan. Go ahead dauntlessly! Make rapid progres!

POWCo-op

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2018, 09:50:24 am »
It's surprising how many save states are missing from the Internet. You can find some game saves, but not too many.
Now you're playing in... three dimensions.

bukopandan

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2018, 10:32:42 am »
speaking of save files, I'm compiling save files for RPG games on PS1 and PS2, I played and compiled them using EPSXE and PCSX2

I have a complete set of save files for the following games, you can start on any event that you want in the game by using my compilation.

Available PS1 Save Files
Legend of Legaia (save file collection before each boss battle) 
Wild Arms
Wild Arms 2
Xenogears
Final Fantasy 7,8, and 9
Grandia
Lunar 2 - Eternal Blue Complete
Tales of Destiny 2

Available PS2 Save Files
Persona 4
Legaia 2 Duel Saga
Wild Arms 3
Xenosaga Episode 3
Final Fantasy X International
Final Fantasy 12
Grandia 2
Grandia 3
Tales of the Abyss
Namco x Capcom

(More to come in the future)
if you need any of them just PM me, don't want to spam too many links here. haha! 
« Last Edit: December 02, 2018, 07:14:39 am by bukopandan »
My Youtube Channel where I demonstrate my mad video gaming skills. Kekekek!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGPnfU4q12x6vEWXv4Ftq8Q/videos