News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Graveblood [GBA Homebrew] in progress  (Read 6025 times)

Celice

• View Profile
Re: Graveblood [GBA Homebrew] in progress
« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2019, 05:43:26 pm »
I don't think you made any mistake here cojam. Your word choice was apt for what you were trying to convey.

Besides talk about a word, your game looks really awesome. Thanks for sharing your progress with us!

SleepyFist

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2019, 07:03:52 pm »
This looks really good! I'll definitely be checking in on this.
Sleepy's tune of the week|| Lost Lullabies (Unreleased Samurai Champloo tracks)|| https://youtu.be/BK6PR8DPNOw

ArkthePieKing

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2019, 12:27:39 am »
Coming from someone with a deaf family member, I think the name is fine. Deaf can mean a lot of things besides just the medical condition. It's a very poetic and somber word, I think it's appropriate. For the record I don't think Bradzx was trying to be aggressive either. I think it's important to watch for people who might unknowingly use offensive language and to point it out when it is used, but in this case there's not an issue. I'm actually really glad to see everyone being so civil about everything. And the game continues to look great!

cojam

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 13, 2019, 05:25:29 pm »
Working on a pause menu and quest system in the game.

Tom

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 14, 2019, 07:47:03 am »
Keep up the good work! I'm very eager to see (and play) more!

niuus

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 14, 2019, 02:17:48 pm »
Well, English is not my native language, sorry for mesleading description. Deaf is just a direct translation of how we call small and silent cities here in Russia figuratively speaking. Anyway thank you for pointing out my mistake, I am trying to learn more and there's definitely a room to improve. And just to point out, I don't find using the word deaf any insulting in the case.
Don't worry about text quality in game tho. Even though most people says my English is quiet good (despite such stupid mistakes, lol), I am still going to hire a professional to make dialogues as good as it possible.
If you ever want help or would like to translate to spanish in the future, lemme know!