News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Swap Existing Text?  (Read 1623 times)

thatguy45

• View Profile
Swap Existing Text?
« on: November 03, 2018, 11:11:44 pm »
I'm brand new to this ROM hacking stuff and barely have an idea as to what I'm doing but I am very much willing to learn.

Question: Persona 3 Portable on PSP has an NA English version and a Korean version. I have both ISOs. Is it possible to simply "swap" the Korean text out for English text so I can have a version of the game that has Korean audio with English text ( or swap audio files)? Something tells me it's more complicated than that, but I have to start off asking this question somewhere.

I tried swapping out the files in the "sound" folder, but that didn't work. That's why I'm here. I'd appreciate any help I can get.

Mugi

• Personal text
    • View Profile
    • Blacklabel-translations
Re: Swap Existing Text?
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2018, 09:20:54 am »
does the korean version of the game really have a korean audio track on it or does it simply use the japanese audio files? (that's what psp games usually do as far as i know)

if so, an undub hack for the english version of the game exists that implements the japanese audio track into the english iso essentially creating exactly what you want.
In PSP we trust.

thatguy45

• View Profile
Re: Swap Existing Text?
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2018, 02:54:28 pm »
does the korean version of the game really have a korean audio track on it or does it simply use the japanese audio files? (that's what psp games usually do as far as i know)

if so, an undub hack for the english version of the game exists that implements the japanese audio track into the english iso essentially creating exactly what you want.

Son of a bitch, I just checked it again and turns out it is Japanese audio with Korean text only. Dammit, guess that makes my original question meaningless now. And I'm already familiar with the Japanese-English Undub, it's not what I wanted.

Well, while I'm still here, could you recommend any good resources I can use to learn more about this hacking stuff? Articles, books, videos, etc.