So, I only found out now about a promotion on Steam that will be ending on the 11th, for $5 off from the first $30+ purchase you make, and at the same time, a lot of games are currently being sold at discount price.
Here is what I'm currently planning to purchase while this is going on:
1) The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky FC: $10 ($10 in savings)
2) Recettear: An Item Shop's Tale: $5 ($15 in savings)
3) Fortune Summoners: Secret of the Elemental Stone: $5 ($15 in savings)
Total so far: $20 ($40 in savings)
Alternately, there is one other game I have in mind, Ni no Kuni II: Revenant Kingdom, but it costs $30-40 alone at half price.
Doing the math, I can pretty much tell that I would probably spend the same amount in the long run if I were to buy either Revenant Kingdom or the other three games now and save the remaining games for later. (($20 + $80) or ($40 + $60) = $100)
Still, as long as I'm waiting to hear back about a damaged gift card code that I reported this morning, I guess I might as well seek suggestions anyway (which I'd be glad to add to a certain trope as a bonus).
So, here are the criteria I'm looking for:
1) Must have a variety of food for your player characters to eat.
2) Looking for animesque RPGs. (Not necessarily from Japan; I know of at least two that aren't.)
3) Must have three or more playable characters...
4) ...but not an exact count of ten comprising the main party. (The total number of PCs can add up to ten when including minor characters, though.)
As for certain games I am NOT looking for:
1) Tokyo Xanadu (Exact PC count of ten.)
2) Disgaea (Already have game 5, expecting 1 for my birthday, and it seems likely enough coming off from 1 that the other games will also get Complete editions down the road.)
3) The Tales series (I would like my characters to eat what they eat individually, not in unison.)
4) Games like Odin Sphere or Muramasa: The Demon Blade (Those games do have multiple PCs, but I would like my characters to be together most of the time.)