News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Just started playing Link To The Past - Parallel Worlds and got physically stuck  (Read 2784 times)

jwei92

• View Profile
Is this something on my end or a puzzle I am missing? It was literally the first cave I entered (in Vanilla Beach, to the left of  the house and up).

Anyone else ever encounter something like this? I know I could just avoid entering this cave, but should I later get stuck in walls like this, I would like to be prepared.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2018, 03:51:44 am by jwei92 »

Dirtbag

• View Profile
I think that's a bug.  It's not something I encountered in my play through.

FCandChill

• View Profile

uncountably many

• View Profile
The so-called "1.3" patch that was recently uploaded is broken this way. It's not limited to that one cave, either.

1.2 can still be downloaded from https://zelda.qwertymodo.com/, fortunately, but I haven't found 1.23 anywhere.

lyapko

• View Profile
1.2 was no better. Glitched overlay in ice world Ruins area. Can dash jump off screen in light world forest. Can get trapped into the palm tree on the vanilla beach. Go through the door in Blind's room and the game crashes. Defeat Moldorm in ice world too early and the crystal does not drop.

Miss out Cane of Byrna in light world and ice world Nabooru's hole is impossible to finish. Yet no code for the Lost woods is in the game to get Byrna. So you are supposed to guess the code?

The difficulty of all versions of this game is also brutally difficult and the game can not be finished without save states. So unfortunately this hack really destroys everything positive about ALttP. Instead of opening this thread you should rather use the Review or Noncompliant buttons.

KingMike

• Forum Moderator
  • *sigh* A changed avatar. Big deal.
    • View Profile
From my memory, the Lost Woods code in the original release of Parallel Worlds at least, assumed everyone remembers the Lost Woods solution from the original Zelda. :P

(I feel Nintendo themselves did that sort of thing in the original version of Link's Awakening, and why it gave me so much trouble as the first Zelda game I finished as a kid.
They had to add some more hints in the DX version.)
Expecting knowledge of prior games to solve puzzles I would say is kind of the opposite extreme of the hand-holding they've done in later games.
"My watch says 30 chickens" Google, 2018

Jorpho

• The cat screams with the voice of a man.
    • View Profile
They had to add some more hints in the DX version.
Did they?  I know they made a lot of changes to demystify the game in the DX version, but I think I missed that one.

Someone should update https://tcrf.net/The_Legend_of_Zelda:_Link%27s_Awakening/Version_Differences#Link.27s_Awakening_DX .  (Script dumps are over here.)
« Last Edit: November 11, 2018, 06:34:37 pm by Jorpho »
This depresses me. I feel like a goldfish right now...

KingMike

• Forum Moderator
  • *sigh* A changed avatar. Big deal.
    • View Profile
I am recalling that the DX version had at least two Owl Statue hints per dungeon, compared to only one Stone Slab hint in the original.
"My watch says 30 chickens" Google, 2018

Jorpho

• The cat screams with the voice of a man.
    • View Profile
Oh, yes, that is documented. I thought you meant they added hints for the Lost Woods "puzzle".
This depresses me. I feel like a goldfish right now...

qwertymodo

• RHDN Patreon Supporter!
    • View Profile
I have no idea who released PW 1.3, and it kind of annoys me that they didn't even bother to update the README.  When I released 1.2, I specifically asked both Euclid and SePH for their permission to release an update under the same name, otherwise I would have created a fork like Parallel Remodel.  By updating under the same name, but with no README or any author information, now I'm getting a bunch of bug reports sent to me for a version I didn't even know existed, and I have no idea what was changed in this version  :o

All I can say is, you'll have to figure out who actually released 1.3 if you want any answers about the new issues.  I know 1.2 had its problems, and I'm working on fixing them, but I have a bunch of other projects on my plate too.