News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: [Hebrew Translators][SNES] Super Mario World  (Read 1550 times)

Green Jerry

• View Profile
[Hebrew Translators][SNES] Super Mario World
« on: October 06, 2018, 01:35:42 pm »

I'm looking for translators to translate the American version of Super Mario World to the Hebrew language.
The objective is to translate every single bit of English, including graphics with text, to Hebrew.

Some things are already translated - almost all GFX with text and part of the level names, but none of the text boxes were translated yet, and a Hebrew font for the text boxes is already inserted in the ROM.

If you want to join, you can download the patch here.

Graphicus

• View Profile
Re: [Hebrew Translators][SNES] Super Mario World
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2018, 03:28:46 pm »
My mother has a MBA in linguistics from the University of Jerusalem. She retired from teaching and currently does translation work. I asked if she was interested and she said she'd be happy to help out free of charge, at my request.

I'm not sure how to edit patch files, though (and she's definitely not going to do that part, LOL). Is there a program I can use to easily extract the text and replace it? If not, you might have to extract it yourself and send it to me together with any limitations I need to be aware of (i.e. character limits, etc...). I would then send you the translated text once I have it so you can add it to the patch yourself.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2018, 02:24:20 pm by Graphicus »