News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Translations: New Kanon translation project announced  (Read 7347 times)

RHDNBot

Translations: New Kanon translation project announced
« on: January 07, 2007, 12:18:12 am »

Update By: Moogy

After Haeleth announced that he was dropping the Kanon translation project, many people were disappointed.  Well, have no fear, because a new group, Non-Directional Translations has picked up where he left off.  Using Haeleth's script as a base (with permission), they've completed much of the game.  They are currently in alpha testing, and expect a release before the anime finishes airing - in 3 months or so.

Kanon is a visual novel, along the lines of Tsukihime.  Note that this project is for the RealLive version, or Standard Edition.  The original version of the game, the AVG version, is currently not supported by this project.

Relevant Link: (http://radicalr.pestermom.com/VN.html)

KaioShin

• RHDN Patreon Supporter!
    • View Profile
    • The Romhacking Aerie
Re: Translations: New Kanon translation project announced
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2007, 05:16:01 am »
Awesome news.
All my posts are merely personal opinions and not statements of fact, even if they are not explicitly prefixed by "In my opinion", "IMO", "I believe", or similar modifiers. By reading this disclaimer you agree to reply in spirit of these conditions.

MathUser2929

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2007, 12:09:16 pm »
The image on the main page should be smaller tho. It's overlapping the right side menu.

Nightcrawler

• View Profile
    • Nightcrawler's Translation Corporation
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2007, 01:10:35 pm »
The image on the main page should be smaller tho. It's overlapping the right side menu.

It's only a problem for 800x600 users or lower. Thankfully I'm a bit more caring about this matter than some other forum members ;)

This has been brought up before actually. Some sort of automated solution will be implemented for automatic resizing. I'm still not sure whether I want to create a thumbnail that links to the full size image(and whether both images will be stored on our servers or not) or if it gets resized to the maximum size, that's what gets stored and that's that.

http://www.romhacking.net/forum/index.php/topic,1976.0.html

Further discussion on this matter belongs in that topic.
TransCorp - Over 20 years of community dedication.
Dual Orb 2, Wozz, Emerald Dragon, Tenshi No Uta, Glory of Heracles IV SFC/SNES Translations

sb iq

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2007, 01:13:08 am »
Is the translation patch in progress for the original version or the all ages version?

KaioShin

• RHDN Patreon Supporter!
    • View Profile
    • The Romhacking Aerie
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2007, 05:54:11 am »
Is the translation patch in progress for the original version or the all ages version?

Afaik both. If not rather for the 18+ one
All my posts are merely personal opinions and not statements of fact, even if they are not explicitly prefixed by "In my opinion", "IMO", "I believe", or similar modifiers. By reading this disclaimer you agree to reply in spirit of these conditions.