News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Final Fantasy IV Namingway Edition (updated to Version 1.98b)  (Read 221615 times)

Rodimus Primal

• View Profile
Re: Final Fantasy IV Namingway Edition (updated to Version 1.98b)
« Reply #720 on: August 20, 2020, 01:35:31 pm »
If it helps any, I wrote a bunch of assembly code for my Final Fantasy C2 translation that expands lots of text windows + increases max text lengths.

http://tomato.fobby.net/ffc2/

I've been overlooking some of it and I noticed you did some things to the Config menu and you added an ATB bar. I wonder if that could be applied to a US ROM since that's what Namingway is based on. My other option, of course, would be to port the Namingway translation TO a Japanese ROM with some of those improvements, which is something I've always wanted to do.

Tomato

• View Profile
    • Legends of Localization
« Reply #721 on: August 20, 2020, 04:09:53 pm »
I included Japanese text dumps of vanilla FFIV stuff so that people could easily do translations of their own if they wanted. I imagine most of the work to convert your stuff over would be to copy-paste stuff over the original Japanese text and then just comment out stuff in the ASM files meant for FFC2.

CatSlobber

• View Profile
« Reply #722 on: August 21, 2020, 10:40:53 am »
I included Japanese text dumps of vanilla FFIV stuff so that people could easily do translations of their own if they wanted. I imagine most of the work to convert your stuff over would be to copy-paste stuff over the original Japanese text and then just comment out stuff in the ASM files meant for FFC2.

This is rather off-topic, but have you considered looking into a hack that increases the size of the character overworld sprites to 16x24, like FF6? Final Fantasy Record Keeper sports a full redraw of all FF4 sprites (and other FFs, including FF2) in an FF6 style. Could be very interesting or useful for someone wanting to facelift the game further.

elkkrumbs

• View Profile
« Reply #723 on: September 18, 2020, 08:04:22 pm »
I haven't played Final Fantasy IV yet but this honestly looks great, thanks for the hack.

Also I was wonder if there was a version of this without the bugfixes, as both "Final Fantasy V GBA Script Port" and "Final Fantasy VI Ted Woolsey Uncensored Edition" have it so the bugfixes are optional, or if a version like that could be requested, or if its even possible. I know the bugfixed versions would be the best way to play them, and I would defiantly be playing them that way too, but of the 3 NES games FF3 doesn't have a bugfixed version. So I am looking to play FF1-FF6 without bugfixes for consistency's sake. Thanks

AdamDravian

• View Profile
« Reply #724 on: September 19, 2020, 05:58:11 pm »
I know the bugfixed versions would be the best way to play them, and I would defiantly be playing them that way too, but of the 3 NES games FF3 doesn't have a bugfixed version. So I am looking to play FF1-FF6 without bugfixes for consistency's sake.

:huh:
Writer of the '80s-themed webcomic Satan Ninja 198X