News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Dragon Quest I - IV: Delocalized Editions  (Read 29808 times)

John Enigma

• View Profile
Re: Dragon Quest I - IV: Delocalized Editions
« Reply #180 on: April 22, 2019, 04:02:35 pm »
Can a project like this one be "ported" to its remakes, like the Japan-exclusive Super Famicom/SNES port, or the Game Boy Color port?

Chicken Knife

• View Profile
Re: Dragon Quest I - IV: Delocalized Editions
« Reply #181 on: April 23, 2019, 12:46:23 am »
Can a project like this one be "ported" to its remakes, like the Japan-exclusive Super Famicom/SNES port, or the Game Boy Color port?
Not outside the realm of possibility in the future. I love the originals the most so that's what lead me to start here, but there's really no saying where we stop. Keep in mind the remakes have significant additions to the text and will pose various hacking challenges based on being different games on different systems. I think the plan is to move through the NES games, then into doing some addendums to the existing fan translations of 5 and 6. At that point we may look at applying the same conventions to various remakes--as well as the Dragon Quest Monsters series. One big dream I have is doing an English version of the Japanese only PS1 remake of DQ4 but I'd have to come a long way in my abilities before I take that on.

But tbh that all sounds like a bit of a pipe dream. Getting through the massive NES 3 and 4 alone is the goal.