News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Zelda: Remastered (Mesen HD Pack)  (Read 27939 times)

Aclectico

• View Profile
Re: Zelda: Remastered (Mesen HD Pack)
« Reply #80 on: October 20, 2020, 11:37:31 am »
In case you change your mind, here is the full font set:

Thanks - I'll keep this on hand for future reference.

What a cool project it is!!!, and it is compatible with Retroachievements and Retroarch at least ForLowCPUs version for me, the other version don't work at all using an updated core, I've got an issue maybe is related to the core compatibility maybe not. The HUD map disappears by accesing the menu in dungeons so can't compare the map progress, I've got a map of course.

Two suggestions:
1° Refered to "breakable tile hints". It is hard to see the cracks can they be more more visible, I'm playing at scaled resolution to 720p since is 3x times the native resolution of the NES.

2° The color scheme of the dungeons are a bit dark.

It plays fantastic by the way what are the minimun specs? for the version including fog and water animation, I hope 32bit system is enough.

1. I'm reluctant to make the "breakable tile hints" more visible. The thought was to make something for players to reference if they were looking closely - but not too "in your face." Do others wish the tiles were more obvious?

2. The dungeon color scheme was actually referenced from BS Legend of Zelda. Do others feel they are too dark as well?

3. As far as minimum specs go, I'm not sure. I haven't tested it on many computers. What I can say is that one of the major CPUs used for testing was an i7-7700HQ. With this processor, everything seems to run smoothly unless there are a lot of other windows or programs running in the background.

**Also, verison 1.1 is now available for download. A changelog is available below**

-Version 1.1
   -Changed gameplay font to a modified version of Hylia Serif (original source files available here: https://zeldauniverse.net/media/fonts/).
   -Minor changes to the Overworld.
   -Added new music to the "ZeldaHDAlternateMusic" folder.

New download links are available at the start of the forum thread.

Pee wee

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 20, 2020, 01:55:36 pm »
Hi friends,

I don’t know what to say!! Thanks so much for Zelda Remastered.

I am a new member and I would hope forward to learn from each one of you. Pls, not work with Mesen v0.9.9 (standalone), however, work with the retroarch core. Why?

THANKS IN ADVANCE.

Aclectico

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 20, 2020, 02:09:56 pm »
Pls, not work with Mesen v0.9.9 (standalone), however, work with the retroarch core. Why?

Not sure - Somehow the Retroarch core must have been updated recently by someone to accept the latest functionality (mainly, multi-layer backgrounds). Last I checked, the same was not true of the standalone version. But, I must admit that I haven't tested it in the past couple of days. So, it's possible that the standalone version was quietly updated as well.