News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: [NSF] [Famitracker] Anyone willing to create music for my RPG Maker game?  (Read 1306 times)

Plint Michigan

• View Profile
Honestly, I've been wanting to get myself out there for the longest time. Right now I'm trying to make a professional-grade RPG Maker game called Arctic Antics, a game starring a psychiatrist sea lion, a sumo wrestling walrus, a gay rockhopper penguin and a crafty arctic fox on a mission to take down tyrannical elephant seal who has banned parties. I know it's kind of a silly concept, but that's my style. I want to make something cute and light-hearted that doesn't star humans as a way of putting something different out there into the media.

Because I'm not a great graphic designer, I decided to go for a simple NES Style with my graphics. This game will be made in RPG Maker MV. I've already decided I am doing all the graphics and coding myself, but would like to see if anyone would be interested in making music for my game as a way to help make things easier for me. If anyone is interested, let me know. I would be very grateful and agree to split any money I could make off this game with you.

I forgot to mention that in particular I am looking for someone who is experienced with using famitracker. I'm trying to go for a semi authentic feel so I rather have actual 8-bit music instead of chiptunes.

Edit: I guess I should show a screenshot.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2018, 02:27:51 pm by Plint Michigan »

Plint Michigan

• View Profile
I think I see the problem. I asked to soon. I don't even have a demo out or anything.

nesrocks

• View Profile
    • nesrocks.com
Probably not the best place either. Try famitracker forums or some music centered community. Not to say there aren't musicians here, but there are places where they make music just for the sake of it and you may find someone willing to let you use their already created songs that have no game attached to them.

Bregalad

• View Profile
The graphics are definitely not NES style. Perhaps SNES style.

Plint Michigan

• View Profile
Re: [NSF] [Famitracker] Anyone willing to create music for my RPG Maker game?
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2018, 09:33:09 pm »
The graphics are definitely not NES style. Perhaps SNES style.

What is not NES style about it?

nesrocks

• View Profile
    • nesrocks.com
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2018, 11:15:31 am »
Many things. If you want to discover why, try replicating the screen, including the text and textbox, using Nes Screen Tool. https://shiru.untergrund.net/software.shtml
« Last Edit: September 03, 2018, 11:59:16 am by nesrocks »

Plint Michigan

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2018, 02:19:08 pm »
Many things. If you want to discover why, try replicating the screen, including the text and textbox, using Nes Screen Tool. https://shiru.untergrund.net/software.shtml

For now, the text and text box is just a placeholder for when I make 8 bit Windows and find N8 bit font.

nesrocks

• View Profile
    • nesrocks.com
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2018, 07:50:04 pm »
That's just one of the things. At first glance the biggest issue is that the background doesn't respect attribute table restrictions.

FCandChill

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2018, 08:35:02 pm »
Going to the Famitracker forums is your best bet. Also, where would this game be released, how many people are working on it? How many tunes need to be made?
« Last Edit: September 03, 2018, 08:45:36 pm by FCandChill »

Plint Michigan

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2018, 09:43:40 pm »
Going to the Famitracker forums is your best bet. Also, where would this game be released, how many people are working on it? How many tunes need to be made?

For now, it's just me working on it. That's mostly because I don't want to be that guy who wants to hire a bunch of people and expect them to do all the work while he quote-unquote "directs." I do have a friend helping me with dialogue, but that's about it. Also I want to release it on multiple platforms, and I'm using RPG Maker MV to make this game.

I don't have everything planned out as of yet, but I plan on having at least six major bosses, and about as many levels and towns. This is going to be a very story-driven game, with the characters getting a lot of development. I can't quite estimate how much music and sound I need.

mariosmentor

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2018, 09:51:01 pm »
As someone who has made a couple RPG Maker games himself, I say best of luck to ya.  :thumbsup:

Plint Michigan

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2018, 11:47:59 am »
I think I do get some other things. The wall might actually look better if it was simplified. Also, the trees + the background are wrong. The trees should be their own tiles and not have a backvround.

Moderator Note:

Thread was locked because this is a for profit project and it also is somewhat beyond the scope of the site. We try to reserve Personal Project and Help Wanted Ad threads on this site for actual rom hacks. This would very loosely fall under homebrew, and even then only in the music aspect relative to retro game hacking. Since we don't intend the forum to be a place of financial transactions between members, including labor, this thread is somewhat at odds with that mindset. For now the thread has been left locked but not deleted so as to not erase prior discussion if any involved parties want to discuss this matter on another site or via PMs.

~MoN
« Last Edit: September 04, 2018, 02:42:23 pm by MathOnNapkins »