News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Final Fantasy IV - Ultima  (Read 22143 times)

8.bit.fan

• View Profile
    • 8-bit fan's Hacking Projects
Re: Final Fantasy IV - Ultima
« Reply #100 on: April 08, 2019, 09:06:54 pm »
Hi there Rabite890, Special, and chillyfeez! :)
Thanks for all of your comments and suggestions! :D

Rabite890, like Special and chillyfeez said, to release a separate version or patch to strip out the story will be quite an undertaking ... not a particularly difficult one, but would take a lot of work to strip everything out. You can always fast-forward the story sections using emulators as suggested by Special. ;)

Regarding a separate patch for toggle to run, I myself actually prefer chillyfeez's 1st version of the toggle to run also. :) However, for the sake of the general audience, the hold Y to run is much more accessible as I've had many people reached out to me before about a run function(because the toggle L while standing still to run was somewhat hard to figure out if you don't read the readme or the in-game training room). So with all that said, releasing 2 separate patches in the future for both versions of the run function wouldn't be out of the question! ;) We'll see...

Cheers everyone!! :beer: :thumbsup:

8-bit fan
In the year of 200X, a super robot named Mega Man...
http://www.8bitfan.info/

Deadwafflez

• View Profile
« Reply #101 on: April 16, 2019, 10:41:59 am »
I played through this at the end of last year and loved it. I saw the new update and I'm playing through again. I've noticed a few things and wanted to let you know.

I think some of the texts repeats on Ordeals when you meet Tellah. When Cid tells you how to drive slowly he still says L instead of Y. The last thing is the inn in Agart is glitched. You go in and spawn inside a wall.

I'm about to go underground if I see anything else I'll let you know. Great work on this mod!

8.bit.fan

• View Profile
« Reply #102 on: April 17, 2019, 11:26:04 pm »
I played through this at the end of last year and loved it. I saw the new update and I'm playing through again. I've noticed a few things and wanted to let you know.

I think some of the texts repeats on Ordeals when you meet Tellah. When Cid tells you how to drive slowly he still says L instead of Y. The last thing is the inn in Agart is glitched. You go in and spawn inside a wall.

I'm about to go underground if I see anything else I'll let you know. Great work on this mod!
Hi Deadwafflez!
Thanks for the kind words and very glad you enjoyed the hack!! :)

From the issues you listed, the first thing that comes to mind is that you probably patched the rom ips file with the wrong version of the rom. Anytime a warp goes to a glitched area or texts going haywire are an indicator of that. Please let me know if you need me to send you a good working version of the game.

Feel free to reach out anytime!

Cheers!! :thumbsup: :beer:

8-bit fan

Deadwafflez

• View Profile
« Reply #103 on: April 20, 2019, 05:37:18 am »
I'm not sure what I did wrong then. I thought I did it the same as last time.

I just got to the final dungeon and Ultima is on the first floor in the wall right after the Spirit boss fight.

8.bit.fan

• View Profile
« Reply #104 on: April 20, 2019, 06:06:00 pm »
I'm not sure what I did wrong then. I thought I did it the same as last time.

I just got to the final dungeon and Ultima is on the first floor in the wall right after the Spirit boss fight.
That definitely sounds like its an issue with patching...
Please check your PM. I've sent you a link.

Cheers!

8.bit.fan

• View Profile
« Reply #105 on: May 23, 2019, 03:05:02 pm »
FF4 Ultima version 3.0 is out!! :D

Feel free to check it out and let me know if you have any questions of comments!
Hope you all enjoy the update! :)

Cheers!! :beer: :thumbsup:
8-bit fan

DracoSerge

• View Profile
« Reply #106 on: May 28, 2019, 12:38:51 pm »
Is Dark Knight Cecil's weakness to fire and ice intentional?

8.bit.fan

• View Profile
« Reply #107 on: May 28, 2019, 06:12:42 pm »
Is Dark Knight Cecil's weakness to fire and ice intentional?
Hey DracoSerge!
No it is not. At what point in the game are you experiencing this?  :o
I'm hoping that this is an issue with patching the wrong version of he rom/ips.
I'll send you a PM with a correction version and please let me know if you are still experiencing this.

Cheers! :beer: :thumbsup:
8-bit fan

May 28, 2019, 06:31:16 pm - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
Hi Everyone! :)

I'd like enlist some of you to play-test v3.0a of this hack and let me know if you can find any bugs and what you think of it overall.

Is anyone interested?

Cheers!! :beer:
8-bit fan
« Last Edit: May 28, 2019, 06:31:16 pm by 8.bit.fan »

DracoSerge

• View Profile
« Reply #108 on: May 28, 2019, 07:31:40 pm »
Somehow it fixed itself... I have the battery save with the glitched weaknesses if you want it? It was glitched from the very beginning of the game but my battery savefile is after the Damcyan event.

8.bit.fan

• View Profile
« Reply #109 on: May 28, 2019, 07:49:02 pm »
Somehow it fixed itself... I have the battery save with the glitched weaknesses if you want it? It was glitched from the very beginning of the game but my battery savefile is after the Damcyan event.
Hi DracoSerge,
Yes, please send me the save file. I'd like to take a look. Thanks! :)

Btw, are you playing version 3.0 or 3.0a?

Cheers!
8-bit fan

Special

• View Profile
« Reply #110 on: May 30, 2019, 04:51:33 pm »
can you upload the right files?

8.bit.fan

• View Profile
« Reply #111 on: May 30, 2019, 05:41:41 pm »
can you upload the right files?
Hey Special! :)
Sure. Check your PM please. :)

Cheers!

Special

• View Profile
« Reply #112 on: May 31, 2019, 12:08:43 am »
Thanks, I assume you just accidentally put the 3.0b patches in the 3.0c zip file then.

8.bit.fan

• View Profile
« Reply #113 on: May 31, 2019, 12:18:41 am »
Thanks, I assume you just accidentally put the 3.0b patches in the 3.0c zip file then.
:o
Thanks for the catch!
I'll update the file now...

Right on! :)

Rabbi Raccoon

• View Profile
« Reply #114 on: May 31, 2019, 12:23:28 pm »
Hey all, I discovered this hack and it really seemed to pique my interest, so I tried downloading it. I got it, applied the patch, and the game wouldn't load past the title screen. I tried several versions of the rom, and nothing would move. I use snes9x if that helps with anything, but I also saw the page said they're compatible. Any suggestions?

8.bit.fan

• View Profile
« Reply #115 on: May 31, 2019, 07:25:41 pm »
Hey all, I discovered this hack and it really seemed to pique my interest, so I tried downloading it. I got it, applied the patch, and the game wouldn't load past the title screen. I tried several versions of the rom, and nothing would move. I use snes9x if that helps with anything, but I also saw the page said they're compatible. Any suggestions?
Hi Rabbi Raccoon!
Thanks for checking out the hack and sorry that you couldn't get the patch working...
I'll send you a PM with a working version so please check it out and let me know if you have further questions.

Feel free to reach out if you have any comments and/or suggestions!

Cheers! :beer: :thumbsup:
8-bit fan

8.bit.fan

• View Profile
« Reply #116 on: June 13, 2019, 05:21:51 pm »
Updated to version 3.20!

New endgame Side Quests!
New weapons!
New animation/graphics/sounds!

Other major changes:
-Nerf'd required Bosses in the Lunar Subterranean and the Lunar Core so the game can be played through casually with virtually no grinding necessary.
-Buff'd optional Bosses in the Lunar Subterranean and the Lunar Core for those who enjoy challenging fights.
-Moved Ultima Weapon from the Lunar Subterranean to the Lunar Core instead.

Cheers!! :beer: :thumbsup: :D
« Last Edit: June 13, 2019, 08:43:13 pm by 8.bit.fan »

SuperBen

• View Profile
« Reply #117 on: June 14, 2019, 10:58:16 pm »
Hello, 8 Bit Fan.

I played this hack when it first came out and had an absolute blast. FFIV has been a favorite game of mine since it first came out, and your hack was a refreshing new twist! I felt like playing Ultima again, and was happy to see it's been updated since. Here's my feedback so far:

When I got to the room with Octomamm, the room seemed kind of wonky, and I couldn't open the two treasure chests.

Secondly, there was a couple of typos in Edward's battle with the Sahag. I don't recall it verbatim, but she said "Youe must rfight" or something to that effect.

Third, I'm now stuck upon getting to Mt. Hobs. I spawn inside the mountain.

I'm pretty sure I patched the right headered patch onto a headered ROM, but I'm not 100%. I have to assume I did it right, though, because my first try at patching left me with a game that didn't even start. I got my hands on a different ROM a little bit ago and I'll try it again later. Nature willing, if I don't have to work tomorrow, I'd like to spend the day streaming the hack.

Thanks for your hard work on this!

8.bit.fan

• View Profile
« Reply #118 on: June 15, 2019, 02:00:28 pm »
Hello, 8 Bit Fan.

I played this hack when it first came out and had an absolute blast. FFIV has been a favorite game of mine since it first came out, and your hack was a refreshing new twist! I felt like playing Ultima again, and was happy to see it's been updated since. Here's my feedback so far:

When I got to the room with Octomamm, the room seemed kind of wonky, and I couldn't open the two treasure chests.

Secondly, there was a couple of typos in Edward's battle with the Sahag. I don't recall it verbatim, but she said "Youe must rfight" or something to that effect.

Third, I'm now stuck upon getting to Mt. Hobs. I spawn inside the mountain.

I'm pretty sure I patched the right headered patch onto a headered ROM, but I'm not 100%. I have to assume I did it right, though, because my first try at patching left me with a game that didn't even start. I got my hands on a different ROM a little bit ago and I'll try it again later. Nature willing, if I don't have to work tomorrow, I'd like to spend the day streaming the hack.

Thanks for your hard work on this!
Hi SuperBen!

Thank you for the kind words and I'm very glad that you enjoyed the hack!
It's been updated quite a bit since and there's been a bunch of new additions added since! Hope you'll find all the new content refreshing and enjoyable as well!! :) :thumbsup:

A quick look at the screens you posted definitely tells that there was an issue with the patching. It can be hard sometimes to find the correct headered or no-header rom. What I'm going to do is PM you with a link to a working version of the latest update. Please check your PM shortly. :)

Hope you'll enjoy all the new bonuses and feel free to reach out if you have further questions and comments! :)

Cheers!! :beer: :thumbsup:

8-bit fan

CCM

• View Profile
« Reply #119 on: June 16, 2019, 08:44:21 pm »
I'm also having a problem with the room Octomamm is in. I made absolute sure I was patching the right ROM version with the right filesize (FF2 1.1 (U) unheadered), and the game runs fine until that point, but as soon as I go into the door to that room I seem to get teleported into a wall, as I can't see my character and all I can do is enter the menu.

I've tried flipping around the party order, loading an older save, doing some random stuff to advance the rng seed, but the door just continues to lead to a softlock.