News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Poll

Final Fantasy converted to Monster Hunter.  Which Final Fantasy Should This Be Placed On?

Final Fantasy NES
2 (40%)
Final Fantasy III (JPN)
1 (20%)
Final Fantasy: Mystic Quest
2 (40%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Voting closed: December 30, 2019, 06:19:52 pm

Author Topic: My Personal Projects Thread (all combined into one)  (Read 1678 times)

Morinis

• View Profile
My Personal Projects Thread (all combined into one)
« on: December 07, 2019, 09:31:28 pm »
(seriously, I don't know on what to name this thread so I'm gonna leave it as is lol  :crazy: )

Well, people have twisted my arms long enough to have me post stuff up back onto here to update everyone on things.

As people have followed me in the past, both good and bad, I will be sharing information on what I make, discover and how-to for whatever.  Also, don't be afraid to ask me questions related to Castlevania stuff or anything in that manner for spriting :)

For now, I'll leave a list here for what I will be working on.  I will not lie.  This thread will be cluttered with tons of projects and rightfully so as I will always abide by the forum rules here to not clutter up this section with multiple postings :)

Some of these are already known so don't be too shocked :P

-Castlevania: Umbral Genesis MMC5 (CV1)
-Castlevania 2: Simon's Quest Bloodlust Edition (SQ, picking up where Thaddeus left off from scratch, team effort)
-Castlevania Legends NES (CV3)
-Castlevania: Resurrection of Darkness (HoD, GBA)
-Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Champions of the Dragon (CV3)
-Super Castlevania Legends (SCIV)
-Castlevania: Retold II (CV1, helping my good friend GoogieToons with this)
-Castlevania: Vengeance on Hell II (possible homebrew from scratch or CV3)
-Castlevania: Vengeance on Hell improvement (SQ, when Bloodlust is done)
-Castlevania: Vengeance on Hell III (CotM, GBA)
-Super Castlevania (possible homebrew from scratch or onto CV3)
-MetroidVania (CV1 team effort)
-Metroid: Federation Police - Argent Horizon (Metroid MMC3)
-Faxanadu conversion to Legend of Zelda project
-Ikari Warriors Sprite Improvement
-Saint Seiya Knights of the Zodiac II: The Legend of Gold Sprite Improvement
-Final Fantasy NES converted to a Monster Hunter take
-Hyper Mario Kart (F-Zero SNES rebuild)

-To Be Continued. . .

Its a long list but this is  how I keep myself busy and after my few months of break time I'm back at spriting again :)

I will post up pictures and progress of stuff within the coming days as I will be busy up into Monday.

For some projects, here's two video links with a small update for CoA :)

Castlevania: Cadence of Agony https://www.bitchute.com/video/OCNpFZ89SF2G/

Super Castlevania Legends https://www.bitchute.com/video/clm0JF7lY9Kd/

For now, I shall post to you all later :)

December 08, 2019, 12:47:31 pm - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
Some time on my hands today surprisingly.

Castlevania Bloodlust

Doing this from scratch.  Rebuilding from a previous ROM due to figuring out how Simon's Quest has things placed out especially how CurED is programmed.

We all know the story of how Thaddeus disappeared.  Not doing this to spite or insult him but doing this in a similar manner to what Ramdemann did with CoA. Optomon is on board with it along with many others.  A huge team effort :)

Castlevania: Resurrection of Darkness

An older picture but showing that I'm to working on this side by side with Super Castlevania Legends :)

Super Castlevania Legends

Solo project right now.  Recently got use to putting stuff into SCIV via YYCHR as I'm  mainly use to NES with the 3 colors only and all.  I need to learn sometime :)

Older pictures but will post up more in the future, probably after the holidays :)

I do need to find a reliable programmer and music composer for this project.  One that won't cause me any issues and works well with others.

« Last Edit: January 21, 2020, 06:37:09 pm by Morinis »

Stories8106

• View Profile
Re: My Gigantic Projects Thread
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2019, 11:25:25 am »
Saw this and got really excited that you were working on Gigantic.  That game was incredible and its a damn shame that game died.

Anyway... Looks good, but don't overwhelm yourself otherwise you'll burn out.  Take them on one or two at a time.

Good Luck and keep us updated!

December 09, 2019, 11:26:21 am - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
Oh I might have a music guy for you btw!  I can ask him if he's interested in ROMhacks if you want.

Morinis

• View Profile
Re: My Gigantic Projects Thread
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2019, 11:29:08 am »
Oh, really?  Shit, sorry about that man.  I probably better rename this again as I had it as a Mega Projects Thread at first and changed it due to thinking people would mistake it as a Mega Man thread.  I'm not the type to do clickbait anywhere so I'll change it  ;D

Oh, nah!  Won't get burnt out as I'm regulating these around each other as it won't be like nothing beforehand when I was getting burnt out this year ;)

December 10, 2019, 09:48:49 am - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
My good friend Nesfan linked me this https://megacatstudios.com/blogs/press/creating-music-and-sound-for-snes-games-a-crash-course-in-snes-gss

SNES GSS is what its called for making SNES music.  Bookmark this to anyone that is remotely interested in this tool.  Where to download it https://shiru.untergrund.net/software.shtml

Read absolutely EVERYTHING within the MegaCat Studios link as it gives you a crash course on the program while also holding your hand about it.

I  may  not have my open Castlevania discord server anymore but will still lend a helping hand to the Castlevania community on here :)

December 10, 2019, 09:50:03 am - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
...and I see my name change went through.  Thank you moderators for that  :beer:

December 10, 2019, 11:29:56 am - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
Super Castlevania

Whelp, I am extremely active today though about to call it quits for the morning before tending to other stuff :P

Working on the title.  The right side is the 16x16 process I picked up from Stake to figure things out on where to properly place and split up color palettes so that way the moon in the background can stand out.

In the end, this title screen is going to get decked out as this project will be MMC5 so that way there will be tons of room.  Mari42 will be my main programmer for everything as they're learning 6502 and ASM.  This will be one of  many homebrew projects together :)
« Last Edit: December 10, 2019, 11:29:56 am by Morinis »

Morinis

• View Profile
Re: My Personal Projects Thread (all combined into one)
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2019, 06:26:11 pm »
Aight, waited over the 7 day period to update so nothing would clump together in an auto merger.

Started a poll on here for the Final Fantasy conversion over to a Monster Hunter RPG type of take on things when hunting monsters.  Not sure on which game to place this on so to interact with people again I placed a poll up top.  You got 12 days to decide (2 weeks) so better get the tally in ;)

Morinis

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2019, 10:53:16 am »
Waited patiently to post.  I have locked the voting poll and flipped a coin between Final Fantasy NES and Mystic Quest.  2 out of 3, Final Fantasy NES won and good thing because looking at Mystic Quest there is an editor that needs some coding experience as it says "Spaces and Line Breaks need to be coded correctly or you will get jacked up text in-game."  So yeah, NES it is lol :P

In the coming days I will begin posting up screenshots on here with projects and joint projects as I've been busy on YouTube.

reVamp complete guide: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_QJ20nfxlAk&t=492s

Castlevania Bloodlust: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJo8eyQbncE

May have to start the videos from the beginning.  Checking these links makes them off the starting mark for some reason even after refreshing the page.  Eh, whatever :P

Also, forgot to add.  Looking for volunteer help for FamiTracker stuff.  Nesfan is too busy with CoA's soundtrack so need someone that can help me out with Umbral's soundtrack as I'm getting closer to having that inserted.  Tons of stuff still needs to be worked on.  PM me for details on here if you are interested in creating reference music with FamiTracker modules.  Again...VOLUNTEER work.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2019, 12:02:25 pm by Morinis »

Morinis

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2020, 01:09:38 pm »
Castlevania: Cadence of Agony

YouTube Livestream Event: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJj_yYscBis

A livestream update for CoA this coming Thursday.  I know the community here, and elsewhere, has been wanting to know the progress on where we are.  Right now, we are 86% completed.  Bugs are still being squashed and discovered while glitches are being patched.  We are aware that once the new music, levels and bosses are inserted there will be more so baby steps all the way :)

MathUser2929

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2020, 04:11:19 pm »
OH good, I thought COA was cancelled. Hope you release it tho.

Morinis

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2020, 05:23:44 am »
OH good, I thought COA was cancelled. Hope you release it tho.

I keep hearing that myself every week.  We're still working on it :)

For a release, we're going to try maybe after Christmas of this year though, that is, if everything goes as planned and doesn't bite our fingertips like a baby Audrey II :P

January 13, 2020, 02:05:28 pm - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
Super Castlevania (homebrew)

I haven't posted in a while on project updates.  Some of these are old because I'm jumping around from project to project but things are still going forward.  Title screen worked on further.  Its about 1/2 completed.  Need to get this done so I can pass it onto Mari42 so he can create a title demo from this.

Castlevania Legends NES

Just a title update.  Some songs are uploaded onto my YouTube page but they're old ones.  Nesfan is still working on CoA's soundtrack so it will be some time until new tracks are completed :P

Castlevania: Retold II and MetroidVania

A livestream event is scheduled on the 24th of January at 7:30pm GMT U.S.  If you want to come see more livestream creating, and bullshit with me via livechat, come on out and hang  :beer:

Link to Livestream: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6G0y8tThlA&feature=youtu.be

Castlevania: Vengeance on Hell II

So...long story short.  My wife scolded the SHIT out of me on placing this onto OoE and/or homebrew idea.  Its placed back onto Castlevania 3 (U) permanently and for good reason  ;D

Metroid: Federation Police - Argent Horizon

Finally decided to release the name of my Metroid hack.  Based on the Galactic Federation Police canon in the 1980's when Metroid first came out.  Doing my own fan base side story of a special task force within the Galactic Federation Police investigating disturbances on a heavily populated planet caused by the Space Pirates.  The story is based around special task force officer Lt. Astya Delacroix.  I'll make up my own planet and what-have-you that is plausible for Metroid.  I'll be working on this more later in the year and when MindFlower is done with his Space Complex project I'm hoping he'll be able to be my main programmer as I know of no one else that knows Metroid in and out besides Snarfblam though he's busy enough as it is.  I'll give more details later on :)
« Last Edit: January 13, 2020, 02:05:28 pm by Morinis »

Morinis

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2020, 05:57:06 pm »
Castlevania: Cadence of Agony
(team project)

Huge, huge, HUGE news!

Ramdemann has recently able to change all levels around on the game itself so it is no longer an exact game of Castlevania 3 but can be something else entirely.  This, in my good friend's words of Googie, this is dope! :D

This also means that we can even add extra levels as well until the game breaks but he wants to test on the limits so there can be room for more enemies, bosses and music...speaking of new bosses, 1 is being talked about right now with more to come and since Castlevania 3 can have big boss sprites this one is going to be one  hell of an encounter :beer:

Also, Ramdemann has figured the same thing out for Castlevania 1 so both Ramdemann and Optomon will be busy in the future ;)

We will figure out passwords for the extra levels once we get that far.  Hope everyone finds this helpful towards Cadence of Agony :)

Castlevania Legends NES

Updates for Legends NES.  Sonia now has Sypha's sound but...things broke.  Ramdemann is working on the ASM bit of that https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5e3Qs0eYsho&t=112s

Tanks about the Legends games I have going, including Super Castlevania Legends https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iS3dPei9ewQ&t=14s

That's about the gist of things.  Will update more as we go along :)