News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules

Author Topic: My "translation" (subtitles) of Kosmopolska  (Read 151 times)

Fredde

• View Profile
My "translation" (subtitles) of Kosmopolska
« on: November 28, 2021, 04:23:40 am »
Kosmopolska is a Swedish PC game from 1997, a strange and fascinating hybrid of adventure game with FMV sequences and real time strategy. I honestly don't think it would be possible to translate the actual game (it's pretty buggy, only seems to work in Windows 95, and some of the puzzles are based specifically on knowing Swedish), at least not without some very heavy hacking, and I don't know who would be interesting in doing that. So I decided to do the next best thing: I made subtitles for a video playthrough of the game (which is why I didn't post this in any of the romhacking categories). It can be viewed here (the Archive.org video player seems to be a little slow, but if you click play and wait a while, the video should start), with some notes on the translation. I've tried to stay as accurate as possible to the intent of the Swedish, while making the English sound at least somewhat natural, but I'm not a professional translator, nor is English my native language, so feel free to comment/criticize the translation.

If someone does decide to have a try at translating the actual game, feel free to ask me for help with getting the game running, or with the language, although I'm not the person to ask about technical matters.