News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: SNES - Might and Magic Book 2  (Read 940 times)

SylarDean

• View Profile
SNES - Might and Magic Book 2
« on: July 08, 2018, 06:45:05 am »
Hi.. just seen that Might and Magic Book 2 English patch has just been released on the SNES, http://www.romhacking.net/translations/3693/, i'm confused a little so here's a couple of question i hope someone will be able to answer for me..

1. Wasn't this game already released in English as Might and Magic II: Gates to Another World (also known as Might and Magic Book Two: Gates to Another World)? the one published by Sammy Studio/Elite in the USA.

2. Is this Japanese game a totally different game then to the one mentioned above from the USA?

Thanks to anyone who can answer my two questions.

July 08, 2018, 06:54:17 am - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
AH! nvm.. it seems the cancelled USA release and PAL released was one version and the Japanese version of M&M2 were practically 2 different games with the same game title.

https://snescentral.com/article.php?id=0132
« Last Edit: July 08, 2018, 06:54:17 am by SylarDean »

Starscream

• View Profile
Re: SNES - Might and Magic Book 2
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2018, 08:28:13 am »
Yes, the Japanese game is different. I assume it's at least not as buggy as the PAL-release and the Genesis version.

It would be great to see explained in detail what exactly the mentioned changes were compared to the original.

Special

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2018, 12:02:26 pm »
Why not just boot them both up and see for yourself? It will take 1 minutes to see the differences.

Starscream

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2018, 03:21:55 pm »
I'm relatively familiar with the original, I'm not having differences in mind like the interface which are obvious from the screenshots. I'm more curious about changes such as different dungeons etc. things you'd need a different walkthrough for.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2018, 07:28:42 am by Starscream »

Nightwolf

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2018, 02:15:39 am »
many many thanks!! Loving to see a new version of one of my fav rpg :)

This is wonderful!