News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: [SNES] Captain Commando: Arcade Edition  (Read 1094 times)

RealGaea

• View Profile
[SNES] Captain Commando: Arcade Edition
« on: June 21, 2018, 11:43:53 am »
Here's a preview of a simple project.

Started as a simple name restore, also with little details to differentiate one region from another. (NOTE: Don't ever bring the "Genocide" name. I'm fine with the localized name, thank you.)

European version will have the term "earned" instead of "gets", just to making it close to the "World" version. (That one is what started my love for this game.)

(Hum. I played the PAL version just to take screenshots, but it's the first time ever I've cleared the game without losing a life.)

For those who wonder about the blue colors: Yes, The USA version is compatible with Proteunerd's color restore. He's properly credited, although I don't know how to do it in the other regions.

Thing is, I want to apply those colors for every region. but I'm stuck. Recently I found out Proteunerd joined RH, but I can't find him! Also there's a little detail I want to add:

Disable the BG1 layer in the Score Ranking screen.

There's another problem regarding the Star animation in the continue screen: it's gone. Proteunerd says that's a issue with zsnes but works fine in other emus.

I want to fix that. Any help will be appreciated and credited.

Thanks, at least for reading this announcement/rant/plead for help/whatever this thing is.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2018, 11:01:11 am by RealGaea »

nesrocks

• View Profile
    • nesrocks.com
Re: Captain Commando: Arcade Edition
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2018, 12:55:24 pm »
What is this?

Psyklax

• View Profile
    • Psyklax Translations
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2018, 09:51:00 am »
What is this?

:laugh:

It's an announcement/rant/plead for help/whatever, obviously. :)

But anyway, I believe the OP is working on the SNES version of Captain Commando, although it doesn't say so (and the first three screenshots made me think it was the arcade). As for what you're actually doing to it... it's not entirely clear. You know we haven't all played this game, right? You should probably tell us what you've done and what you need help with. The pictures don't tell us too much. :)

nesrocks

• View Profile
    • nesrocks.com
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2018, 10:41:31 am »
I had actually figured some of it out by what he posted on the hack ideas thread. It's probably for the PSX version. But not even he cares enough to respond so I thought "whatever" ::)

Captain Commando for the PSX needs a localization.
Text could be edited, and the international names (Mack the Knife, Ginzu the Ninja, Baby Head) soundfiles are in the sound test.

Plus, it has a remixed soundtrack thats needs to be known.

RealGaea

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2018, 10:55:56 am »
Ok, sorry for not being so clear.

Yes, I'm working in a SNES hack of Captain Commando. restoring some censored names in the console versions. And trying to apply those arcade colors.

I need anyone's help to apply them in JAP/EUR versions. I don't want to release the USA version only.

June 25, 2018, 11:00:41 am - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
I had actually figured some of it out by what he posted on the hack ideas thread. It's probably for the PSX version. But not even he cares enough to respond so I thought "whatever" ::)

Ah, that? When I was looking for "how the F I could edit rom palletes" a playthrough of the PSX version popped up in my recommendations. Then I was "This port was Japan only!" so I posted the idea later.

Should I post here the beta version of the USA patch?

June 28, 2018, 11:38:35 pm - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
Well, it took its time, but I managed to transcribe the mod batches.

The three regions are modified!

(uploading screenshots...)
« Last Edit: June 28, 2018, 11:38:35 pm by RealGaea »