News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Translations: Super Robot Wars A Portable - 100% translated!  (Read 9810 times)

Reiska

• View Profile
Re: Translations: Super Robot Wars A Portable - 100% translated!
« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2018, 06:37:03 am »
I don't remember what you get in 2nd OG, but in Moon Dwellers Lamia pilots Angelg by default, Axel pilots Soulgain by default, and Vysaga is given to you pilotless.  And generally if you want to use Lamia you're better off switching her into Vysaga there.

hanhnn

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2018, 10:58:14 pm »
And BTW, for those feeling that this game is too hard, remember that this is one of the rare SRW games which comes with the "Game Over Glitch" (debatably a glitch, but that's how it's called).

As in, after every Game Over, the scenario automatically restarts without booting back to the Title Screen, and thanks to that a few things that you got from before it are kept in, as long as you don't reset. Unfortunately here on A Portable, that only applies to money. So no, can't grind levels here.
Is that really a glitch unique to this game?
I've seen this feature since the old SRW like Ex, 4, F or FF.
As long as you don't use the save function in the chapter, you can restart the chapter with the extra money you got from the previous Game Over.
I've used this to farm money because we did not have cheat device decades ago.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2018, 11:30:59 pm by hanhnn »

Reiska

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 27, 2018, 10:44:15 am »
It's not a glitch per se, but this is one of the rare few games that has absolutely no penalty for doing it, since there's no SR points or anything to lose.

SGAN

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 29, 2018, 07:44:08 pm »
Now I'm addicted to this saga, cause of this "fucking" translation, I hate you guys, great work, I'm been playing 4 or five days, and I want to finish it... only for replaying it  ;D :thumbsup: :beer: