- All typos reported since RC4's release. I hope I got them all.
- All caps after ellipses situations reviewed
- All "!?" changed to "?!"
- Fixed wrong Dynamo dialogue (X, Inami Temple)
- Fixed Gate named "Alia" in Secret Lab 2's cutscene
- Added a few missing armor skills descriptions to Dr. Light dialogues.
- Various minor changes you won't notice...Hack Bugs fixes:
- Zero having armor defense in intro stage: an oversight on the cheat code 2 caused him to be read as Falcon Armor by the defense and knockback code.
- Gate's damage table, wrong address (modifications will work correctly now)
- Shield Sheldon boss health, wrong address (should fix the freeze on boss rush)
- High Max (Secret Lab) boss health, wrong address (turns out it was modifying the intro stage battle instead...)
- High Max (Hidden Stages) boss health, wrong address (... and THIS was modifying the Secret Lab fight... It's confusing to deal with identical chunks of copy-pasted code...)
- Patcher bug on the "boss health" section that would write values for Blaze Heatnix and High Max (Secret Lab) wrongly
- Patcher bug that caused consecutive patches to write duplicate modifications in the wrong addresses (which creeped into RC4's sample patches, most notably in Stage Mods... to embarrasing results
- Incomplete Armors: Shadow Saber speed was linked to Foot Parts instead of Head Parts.
- Missing boss orb sfx: "Boss warning" voice clip option removed, as this was the cause (sfx file was wrongly replaced in the base patches). I might try to add it back in a future update.Original game Bug fix (?):
- High Max (both fights), the game would set boss fight level AFTER setting the life bar size. So you would actually get the health bar size corresponding to the boss level of the last boss you fought, not High Max current level... It's the only boss what works like this, so I assume it was an oversight and it's now fixed.Improvements:
- Blade Armor's Mach Dash
: When using any of the custom cancelling options, the move would have immunity for it's whole duration instead of just the first few frames. This has been fixed. The immunity range is set to the same value as the original game (about half of the move's length). In the patcher, a separate "immunity" slider has been added, enabled only when selecting any of the custom cancelling options. The "Hold/Release (Unlimited)" option will still run on previous versions' code, and will still be completely immune (because, why not)
- Final touches on several of Metalwario64's mugshots. Default selection in sample profiles has changed.Known issues:
: On some cutscenes, character names don't have the same colors they have in the original game.A new text insertion tool is in development, one that should handle name colors automatically, so I'll take care of this sometime in a future update (though I'm really not that bothered by it...)
- Incomplete Armors
: Shadow Armor will always have the Buster sound effect and saber color palette from the complete armor, even if the corresponding Parts haven't been collected yet. (No quick fix for this, so it'll just have to stay like this for awhile)Warning
: as the patcher's controls have changed, previous versions' "x6tweaksprofiles" files might not work correctly (unless you update them manually to include changed controls. You can use a fresh "default" file as a template)Any typos and bug reports are still very much appreciated!
As of today, I'll be entirely focusing on other stuff, so I'll rely on this thread to find any remaining bug/typo that needs to be fixed before I drop this elsewhere. I won't be working on hack suggestions or stylistic changes to the script, just the bare minimum to finish this milestone. You're encouraged to discuss whatever you want though, I'll be reading every comment as always.
For anyone who wants to take a deeper peak on how the changes were made, the updated workbook will be up whenever I officially release v2.0 on RHDN.
September 23, 2019, 03:44:33 am - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
Here's an up-to-date collection of all of the custom/cleaned up mugshots I made for this project:
I'll use that in the first post's highlights...