News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Mega Man X6 Tweaks (v2.4)  (Read 154894 times)

DannyPlaysSomeGames

• Wait, this isn't Burger King
    • View Profile
Re: Mega Man X6 Tweaks (v15)
« Reply #400 on: April 27, 2019, 10:01:57 am »
:woot!: That looks amazing but also overly complicated. Still though, you did an impressive job on this, although it could be seen as overbearing to some. Maybe you can have an option to switch between an advanced and simple patcher. Otherwise, yeah, you did good.  :thumbsup: Can't wait for the new update.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2019, 07:07:09 pm by DannyPlaysSomeGames »
Hey there

AxlRocks

• View Profile
« Reply #401 on: April 28, 2019, 12:25:34 am »
I'm drooling for v16, that looks great! Can't be said enough how nice it is to have a save/load profile button now, too.

:woot!:That looks amazing but also overly complicated. Still though, you did an impressive job on this, although it could be seen as overbearing to some. Maybe you can have an option to switch between an advanced and simple patcher. Otherwise, yeah, you did good.  :thumbsup: Can't wait for the new update.

I can see that, though I think the pre-made patches and profiles will cover those folks really well. I love this kind of stuff, More Tabs + More Checkboxes + More Input Fields = More Fun, but that's just my weird brain. I figure Light and Complete profiles will be available to begin with, then they could dip their toes in with anything else they'd like to tweak.

ThegreatBen

• View Profile
« Reply #402 on: April 28, 2019, 01:42:20 pm »
I think it looks great the way it's organized in tabs.

Cupshadow

• View Profile
« Reply #403 on: May 28, 2019, 10:14:30 am »
http://prntscr.com/nugfmn

Is there a gameshark code of boss lvl modifier in japanese version of Megaman X6?

Thirteen 1355

• View Profile
« Reply #404 on: July 03, 2019, 12:10:47 pm »
Wait, did I never select to be notified of updates on this thread? Weird. This looks quite good, but I know that X6's true problem is the shitty level design.
Helicoptering about till I find some ROM hacking treasure.

DannyPlaysSomeGames

• View Profile
« Reply #405 on: July 03, 2019, 07:09:00 pm »
Wait, did I never select to be notified of updates on this thread? Weird. This looks quite good, but I know that X6's true problem is the shitty level design.
That's not really the purpose of this hack though; the whole point of it is to fix it on a gameplay level, where, even if some of the levels can be shit or have serious issues, it's just fun on it's own to control and play the game itself, and to reduce some of the absurd difficulty in a way.
Hey there

acediez

• View Profile
« Reply #406 on: July 04, 2019, 06:03:17 pm »
Since we're bumped up to first page again, I'll just let you know it's comming along nicely. It just has taken a lot longer than expected (some stuff I thought were completely done really weren't, some needed extra polish, etc.) Nothing new to announce for the moment, just a lot of stuff to test. I'll probably drop a test version here before a proper "in the news" release in case someone wants to help me check everything works as intended.

This looks quite good, but I know that X6's true problem is the shitty level design.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

AxlRocks

• View Profile
« Reply #407 on: July 05, 2019, 12:12:59 pm »
Cool, I should be able to do a test run or two whenever it drops.

niuus

• View Profile
« Reply #408 on: July 05, 2019, 08:29:27 pm »
Since we're bumped up to first page again, I'll just let you know it's comming along nicely. It just has taken a lot longer than expected (some stuff I thought were completely done really weren't, some needed extra polish, etc.) Nothing new to announce for the moment, just a lot of stuff to test. I'll probably drop a test version here before a proper "in the news" release in case someone wants to help me check everything works as intended.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Would be cool to help. Thanks for the update.  :beer:

Thirteen 1355

• View Profile
« Reply #409 on: July 15, 2019, 05:05:00 pm »
So, I just finished a full run of Mega Man X6 using the tweaks patcher, which took me 01:13 minutes (on the ingame timer). One suggestion I have is to add an option regarding Gate. That boss fight is complete ass like always, and I'm sure that one would benefit from some changes. Maybe even an option that makes him vulnerable to regular attacks. The patcher is incredible and allows for options not available in the hack.

Cupshadow

• View Profile
« Reply #410 on: July 15, 2019, 10:07:39 pm »
If you want to make gate vulnerable then you must buff his health like nightmare snake have.
I am not trying to be mean but you know gate has scarce health right?

DannyPlaysSomeGames

• View Profile
« Reply #411 on: July 15, 2019, 10:57:48 pm »
So, I just finished a full run of Mega Man X6 using the tweaks patcher, which took me 01:13 minutes (on the ingame timer). One suggestion I have is to add an option regarding Gate. That boss fight is complete ass like always, and I'm sure that one would benefit from some changes. Maybe even an option that makes him vulnerable to regular attacks. The patcher is incredible and allows for options not available in the hack.
I honestly didn't find Gate that annoying, ngl, but to each their preference I guess. I assume the best way to make Gate easier is to either cover the pit like in the Legacy Collection Rookie Mode or modify the energy shots so that they're easier to hit and are more likely to hit Gate. I feel like trying to make him vulnerable to regular attacks could potentially ruin the flow and purpose of the fight, as it's meant to be more strategic.

(rest of message is towards acediez)

On the topic of ideas, this one seems absurd, but a patch to remove or replace Sigma would be interesting. But I assume it's also absurd and too ridiculous to be implemented (really, the only reason I "suggest" this is because of how forced Sigma is and how better the story would be without him), so yeah, definitely not.

Anyways I was wondering how progress goes, and if the project's under control. It's been silent for a while so I'm just wondering if everything (including you) has been fine.
Hey there

acediez

• View Profile
« Reply #412 on: July 16, 2019, 12:20:09 am »
Everything's good. Just taking my time ticking off a couple of ideas more from my wishlist.

Cupshadow

• View Profile
« Reply #413 on: July 16, 2019, 01:23:34 am »
Is this a prototype? Or a mixed armor feature?

Metalwario64

• View Profile
« Reply #414 on: July 16, 2019, 02:05:23 am »
Is this a prototype? Or a mixed armor feature?
That's just the regular Blade armor.

I'm pretty darn sure that GIF is showcasing the level design being altered to remove the unfair blind jump into spikes in Yammark's stage.

BlazeHeatnix

• View Profile
« Reply #415 on: July 16, 2019, 03:46:52 am »
That's just the regular Blade armor.

I'm pretty darn sure that GIF is showcasing the level design being altered to remove the unfair blind jump into spikes in Yammark's stage.

No, if you look closely the charge shot is the one you get as unarmored X. That's not the Blade Armor charge shot.

Metalwario64

• View Profile
« Reply #416 on: July 16, 2019, 03:49:33 am »
No, if you look closely the charge shot is the one you get as unarmored X. That's not the Blade Armor charge shot.
Oh, I didn't catch that. It's been so long since I've actually played through X6 and gotten the Blade Armor and everything that I forgot.

Thirteen 1355

• View Profile
« Reply #417 on: July 16, 2019, 05:05:31 am »
I honestly didn't find Gate that annoying, ngl, but to each their preference I guess. I assume the best way to make Gate easier is to either cover the pit like in the Legacy Collection Rookie Mode or modify the energy shots so that they're easier to hit and are more likely to hit Gate. I feel like trying to make him vulnerable to regular attacks could potentially ruin the flow and purpose of the fight, as it's meant to be more strategic.

(rest of message is towards acediez)

On the topic of ideas, this one seems absurd, but a patch to remove or replace Sigma would be interesting. But I assume it's also absurd and too ridiculous to be implemented (really, the only reason I "suggest" this is because of how forced Sigma is and how better the story would be without him), so yeah, definitely not.

Anyways I was wondering how progress goes, and if the project's under control. It's been silent for a while so I'm just wondering if everything (including you) has been fine.

Yeah, I just feel that anything that could make Gate easier would help. He wouldn't be so bad if he didn't occasionally wait for a full minute before doing another orb attack. Or, if some of your attacks didn't outright destroy the smaller orbs you're meant to hit him with (I used Ultimate Buster+Shadow Armor not knowing its effects).

Also, anything that could make Metal Shark Playable. Still the only stage in the entire Mega Man franchise that frustrates me too much to finish. Good thing X6 has workarounds for getting to the final stages.

fianovale

• View Profile
« Reply #418 on: July 16, 2019, 09:18:15 am »
Yeah, I just feel that anything that could make Gate easier would help. He wouldn't be so bad if he didn't occasionally wait for a full minute before doing another orb attack. Or, if some of your attacks didn't outright destroy the smaller orbs you're meant to hit him with (I used Ultimate Buster+Shadow Armor not knowing its effects).

Also, anything that could make Metal Shark Playable. Still the only stage in the entire Mega Man franchise that frustrates me too much to finish. Good thing X6 has workarounds for getting to the final stages.

Totally agreed, i hate the auto scroll levels

acediez

• View Profile
« Reply #419 on: July 16, 2019, 09:24:54 am »
It’s both :)
A small modification in Amazon Area, and Blade Armor keeping the regular buster.
Armor abilities and enhancements are now linked to their individual armor parts instead of the armor itself. You will now get access to the armor as soon as you get the first armor part, and other abilities will be added when you get the rest or it, just like you would in X1-X4 (sprites will still show the whole armor though, I’m not gonna get into that mess).
Not quite the X8 “mixed parts” style, but at least you won’t have to wait until you complete an armor, usually pretty far into the game, to start using what you’ve collected.