Thanks for you comments and suggestions everyone. Even if it's stuff outside the scope I'm currently working on, I put everything on my list of things to consider in the future.
4) The same as 3) but without the Japanese kanji at the top of "MEGAMAN" logo
That's what I'm currently running on
Taking a break from the localization stuff, I've also been working on and off on some gameplay tweaks I've been meaning to do for awhile. I started with the Blade Armor "dual" Mach Dash, and the Saber animation tweaks, from past posts. Now it was the turn for Zero's techniques.Setsuizan
- Improvement on the "Hold/Release" input option. The tremor sound from hitting the ground would also play when cancelling midair. This is fixed now.
- Added an input option to "Press once to activate/Cancel by moving to opposite direction" (this is now my prefered method)
- Input changed to "Down + Special" instead of "Up + Special", taking the place of EnsuizanEnsuizan
- Input changed to "Special (while in Air)". I turned it into an air only move.
- Up to 3 spins per jump instead of just 1. Can be done in a row if the button is held.
I suppose making it an air only move might not be such a popular idea. The reason is both from a balancing perspective and practical. The ground Ensuizan is overpowered, causes glitches, and the fact you can do it only one on air but spam in indefinitely on ground makes me think it wasn't ever meant to be a ground move anyway. Still, if I kept it as it was (a single spin) it wouldn've been very useful, and it wouldn't been too different to the normal spin done after a double jump, but making it longer seems to work very well.
And a practical reason... Lack of input options.
- "Up + Attack" will always be problematic due to ropes.
- "Up + Special" is taken by Yammar Option
- "Special" alone is taken by the Z-Buster when on ground.
- I really really wanted to give "Down + Special" to Setsuizan
These two modifications combined will work as a set and will probably be a single option on the patcher (while "Legacy" options from older versions will be kept intact)