News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Mega Man X6 Tweaks (v2.0, now with Retranslation)  (Read 111218 times)

injoon84

• View Profile
Re: Mega Man X6 Tweaks/Patcher (v13)
« Reply #200 on: August 02, 2018, 01:10:07 pm »
Tested v13. I like the new features. This is like a complete secret codes.
I don't see any bug on the new features. Hopefully I'm not wrong.
I finally notice one small bug since from the beginning of this patcher.
If you change the value of the nightmare soul blue orb (small) and the Nightmare Virus possess the reploid, the blue orb (small) from the defeated reploid will still give 4 nightmare souls.

acediez

• View Profile
« Reply #201 on: August 02, 2018, 02:12:41 pm »
If you change the value of the nightmare soul blue orb (small) and the Nightmare Virus possess the reploid, the blue orb (small) from the defeated reploid will still give 4 nightmare souls.
Good catch!  Very much appreciated. This probably means the values for infected reploids' orbs are read from somewhere else.

I'm about to release a new version of the sample patch (it hasn't been updated since v05!), so more than ever, bug reports are welcome!
« Last Edit: August 02, 2018, 02:44:18 pm by acediez »

AxlRocks

• View Profile
« Reply #202 on: August 02, 2018, 08:53:36 pm »
Good catch!  Very much appreciated. This probably means the values for infected reploids' orbs are read from somewhere else.

I'm about to release a new version of the sample patch (it hasn't been updated since v05!), so more than ever, bug reports are welcome!

Wow, weird. I didn't even know infected Reploids dropped orbs, since that was one of those "Smash that MF Reset Button" situations for me, so I just use the disable option with the Tweaks.

But since the values are split, that could be really fun and interesting mechanically. Perhaps Reploid Orbs could be tweaked to give much, much higher values, giving an "evil" way of farming souls if you want to let those who don't give any items just die instead. That would've been a neat way to make Zero's Nightmare palette unlockable, if you utilized that more than 5 times or something.

Or it could've been written off as being thanks for putting them out of their misery.

Anyway, enough rambling, gonna try v13 soon. Been using v12 for a while without issues, will report anything if I find it in v13.

acediez

• View Profile
Re: Mega Man X6 Tweaks/Patcher (v14)
« Reply #203 on: August 02, 2018, 10:48:25 pm »
You'll be able to assign it separately in v14  :)

v14
- (New) Orbs values: Added blues orbs dropped by infected Reploids
- (Fix) "Orbs won't turn back into enemies" makes them disappear after a few seconds, as they normally do when dropped from infected Reploids (instead of staying in place indefinitely).

Though the download link is not up yet. This time I submitted it directly to the site. Finally, with standalone patches and an updated spreadsheet to go with it!
I went ahead and updated the first post of this thread to match the new project page, but the links are still for v05/v06 as of this post, we'll have to wait until the v14 submissions are approved into the database again. Hopefully it'll be all up soon.

It was very satisfying to write about all the new features the project has covered since the last public release. I also put a lot of care into this new version of the spreadsheet. People who are also interested in hacking this game should definitely check it out once v14 is up on the site.

We've gone a long way people, thank you all for your support!

EDIT: seems like someone went ahead and edited the RHDN entries himself using the description on this thread's first post, using who knows which files. Please don't. I've already submited the next update, it's on the submission queue, waiting for approval.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2018, 10:42:23 pm by acediez »

injoon84

• View Profile
« Reply #204 on: August 04, 2018, 12:04:45 pm »
Mega Man X6 Tweaks/Patcher v14 finally been released!
Thanks a lot to both acediez and Z3ROX.
You guys the best!

Zero Dozer

• Wow, I've used that Eminem quote for a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: August 05, 2018, 04:16:56 pm »
Everything seems well so far. Did you BUFF the Blade Armor? Also, loved the Shadow Armor buff.

Oh, and...

Was it supposed to show the other Reploids as missing?

Also for the Mach Dash, removing the hold function made it difficult for me to take the guess game as to Mach Dash through the spikes in Rainy Turtloid's stage, which means I had to resort to using mercy invincibility to get through. But it speeds quite a lot of the process.

Oh, and THANK GOD YOU NERFED THAT SUB BOSS IN HEATNIX'S STAGE

acediez

• View Profile
« Reply #206 on: August 05, 2018, 06:06:56 pm »
I'm glad it's been working ok for you, have fun!

I did buff the Blade Armor, but didn't want to overdo it so it was just by 1-2 dmg points per move.
I decided to mark the cut reploids as MISSING so you can distinguish which ones were actually found by you.

If you're not comfortable with some of the decisions on the patch (or want to buff Blade Armor even more, or mark reploids as RESCUED, or keep the Blade Armor delay, etc.), remember you can customize every option separately using the patcher.

BlazeHeatnix

• View Profile
« Reply #207 on: August 06, 2018, 02:33:11 am »
I've been following this ever since I saw you post about it on 4chan. This is awesome. I wrote a new review for your hack as well.

I mentioned this in the X5 thread, but I find the title screens of the western X5 and X6 releases to be boring compared to the Japanese. It's such a minor thing, but would it be possible to bring back the original title screen?

acediez

• View Profile
« Reply #208 on: August 06, 2018, 09:54:32 am »
Hey, thanks for dropping by!

As I've mentioned here before, I need to go back to other unrelated projects, so I won't be doing much besides fixing bugs for some time, but all suggestions are being noted for later on. There's already a couple of quick fixes I'm planning on tackling when I find some spare time.

The title screen however, I see it as part of a separate project (to be used either in vanilla or together with Tweaks), a restoration hack that should also include restoring voice clips, and possibly touching up the script using the retranslation (the main events at least, I wouldn't bother with Alia's dialogues and other stuff I'd rather just skip).

I'm not sure when, but if no one else does it first, I'll definitely give it a go eventually.

As for X5, I already edited a title screen inserting the Mega Man logo into the japanese version's background. It's on the X5 Improvement thread, I'm hoping it'll be picked up and inserted into the game eventually. I haven't done it myself because I haven't really got into graphics editing at all yet... But sooner or later I'll have to get there with X6 so, we'll see how it goes.

BlazeHeatnix

• View Profile
« Reply #209 on: August 06, 2018, 01:45:02 pm »
As far as touching up the script, while the retranslation is nice, I like what this guy did years ago. He also did X5. I recommend taking a look at it later:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL3A92F933109E6E5B

As for voice clips...you COULD restore the original voice clips, or...you could give me a call and we'll talk about a fandub.  ;)

Zero Dozer

• Wow, I've used that Eminem quote for a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #210 on: August 06, 2018, 01:59:05 pm »
It's perfectly fine by me, Acediez, I just commented on it.

This is by far the best Mega Man X6 could ever get, and I'm sure there will be more work around it.

Hmmmmm. Retranslation and fan dub. I want it.

Ghaleonh41

• View Profile
« Reply #211 on: August 06, 2018, 04:42:37 pm »
Caught a quick glimpse of the retranslation & I like what I saw so far! Thanks for posting, BlazeHeatnix!

As for a retranslation, I'm up for it! I can help with editing & proofreading the script if necessary!

I'll be repatching X6 later on for another playthrough. If I run into any issues, I'll post!

August 06, 2018, 05:52:40 pm - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
So far, I've ran into one problem. When I do the combo for the Sentsuizan, it doesn't work at all if I choose the Cancellable option. Played on the PSP.

Here's the options I enabled.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1JVmF4ygIUZRXPgsGIDVUErkYQ-e4yV_z
« Last Edit: August 06, 2018, 05:52:40 pm by Ghaleonh41 »

Z3R0X

• My name's not shane, kid.
    • View Profile
    • My YT channel with mini tools.
« Reply #212 on: August 06, 2018, 08:45:13 pm »
Caught a quick glimpse of the retranslation & I like what I saw so far! Thanks for posting, BlazeHeatnix!

As for a retranslation, I'm up for it! I can help with editing & proofreading the script if necessary!

I'll be repatching X6 later on for another playthrough. If I run into any issues, I'll post!

August 06, 2018, 05:52:40 pm - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
So far, I've ran into one problem. When I do the combo for the Sentsuizan, it doesn't work at all if I choose the Cancellable option. Played on the PSP.

Here's the options I enabled.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1JVmF4ygIUZRXPgsGIDVUErkYQ-e4yV_z

I think the Cancelable Sentsuizan must change a flag bit.
Press up + square (Andi 0x10) but if you enable the remap to up + triangle the concealable should change to andi 0x20
« Last Edit: August 06, 2018, 09:20:27 pm by Z3R0X »

acediez

• View Profile
« Reply #213 on: August 06, 2018, 10:05:40 pm »
It should be handled by the patcher. It was supposed to adapt to either 10 or 20 depending if you choose the remap option or not. It was working fine when I implemented it, but it could have been affected by some other things I moved around in the code.

I'll take a look at it when I find some time

August 06, 2018, 11:15:33 pm - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
Ok, confirmed it. It was a silly mistake, a last minute rename of a variable.

I'll push a v15 with this fix for both the patch and the patcher immediately.

August 07, 2018, 01:45:42 am - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
v15
- (Fix) Blade Armor was broken AF when playing pretty much in anything else besides ePSXe. Now the intended buff works consistently in all platforms (which is actually very subtle, +1 most attacks, +2 the saber).
- (Fix) Setsuuizan input was also broken.
- (Fix) Cheat Codes could only be combined when using 1 before 2, not 2 before 1. Now both ways work the same.

Since the first two are pretty serious and updating directly on the site takes awhile, I'm uploading the new version here so it's immediately available. It's on the first post.

Too bad this slipped in just when I decided to promote the hack around  :laugh:
People in the middle of a v14 playthrough, you should definitely update before continuing!
« Last Edit: August 07, 2018, 01:45:42 am by acediez »

Ghaleonh41

• View Profile
Re: Mega Man X6 Tweaks/Patcher (v15)
« Reply #214 on: August 07, 2018, 11:26:55 am »
Really, the Blade Armor was that busted? I rarely use it, so I didn't notice. I did enjoy having regular X use the Air Dash though! Made X6 more tolerable for him, especially since I used to use him all the time years ago!

Also, if you have the Defense Up option for X & Zero, you can still be knocked backwards. That's intentional, right?

acediez

• View Profile
« Reply #215 on: August 07, 2018, 11:34:25 am »
Really bad, 2/3 of health bar of bosses from a single charged shot bad, but the bug only happened in some platforms. For me it was ok on no$psx but was broken on hardware. From a code perspective the problem was clear at first glance, I just hadn't had the time to test the game on hardware myself until yesterday so I didn't notice.

Yes the knockback is still there and can be reduced with the Shock Buffer part, it's only the damage received what's been reduced. The patch only does it for X as Zero has considerably higher damage output, but you get the option to buff defense for both of them on the patcher.

Ghaleonh41

• View Profile
« Reply #216 on: August 07, 2018, 12:50:54 pm »
Ah, I see. I'll check it out later today.

darkrupy

• View Profile
« Reply #217 on: August 08, 2018, 01:37:07 pm »
I'm getting a "file invalid! notation, and it's saying i need "Mega Man x6 (usa) (v1.1).bin" (redump)

and then it says

MD5: 237B6FEDDD1A88E86AB1CDDC8822FO3F, i'm unsure how to fix this, considering i've been trying every rom i've come across.

Z3R0X

• My name's not shane, kid.
    • View Profile
    • My YT channel with mini tools.
« Reply #218 on: August 09, 2018, 04:04:16 pm »
I'm getting a "file invalid! notation, and it's saying i need "Mega Man x6 (usa) (v1.1).bin" (redump)

and then it says

MD5: 237B6FEDDD1A88E86AB1CDDC8822FO3F, i'm unsure how to fix this, considering i've been trying every rom i've come across.

That means that you are trying the incorrect version and "BAD" dumps of the game, redump versions are verified and clean.
You can see here the correct info for that particular version, so look for a good dump, also MD5 is a nice hash and very unlikely to collisions.
http://redump.org/disc/32516/

LoyalLedger

• View Profile
« Reply #219 on: August 11, 2018, 08:22:14 pm »
Has anyone checked into the ability to patch these fixes into Legacy Collection X6 now that it has been out for a few weeks?