News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Mega Man X6 Tweaks/Patcher (v15)  (Read 35879 times)

acediez

• View Profile
Re: Mega Man X6 Tweaks/Patcher (v05)
« Reply #100 on: July 13, 2018, 03:48:42 am »
The official translation has mostly grammar problems, and lines that just sound weird and unnatural.  But it doesn't really cut any important bit of story as some people may expect, I read most of the retranslation and it's pretty much the same script worded differently.

Ghaleonh41

• View Profile
« Reply #101 on: July 13, 2018, 09:48:04 am »
Ah, I see. I thought that he never finished it. I should give it another look.

And it’s a good thing that nothing was taken out, unlike X1 & 2.

Zero Dozer

• Wow, I've used that Eminem quote for a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: July 13, 2018, 11:46:10 am »
Wait, someone did a retranslation of Mega Man X6?

injoon84

• View Profile
« Reply #103 on: July 13, 2018, 09:45:01 pm »
Find some Gameshark codes.

#Heart Tank x08 (0001=AmazonArea, 0002=NorthpoleArea, 0004=MagmaArea, 0008=RecycleLab, 0010=CentralMuseum, 0020=InamiTemple, 0040=LaserInstitute, 0080=WeaponCenter, 00FF=x08)
300CCF3C 00FF
Note:
Only the heart tank and no increase of life gauge.
Well, at least this will support up to 8 life up.

#Have Sub-Tanks, W-Tank & EX Tank (0010=AmazonArea, 0020=MagmaArea, 0040=LaserInstitute, 0080=NorthpoleArea, 00F0=All)
300CCF3B 00F0

acediez

• View Profile
« Reply #104 on: July 15, 2018, 05:03:27 am »
@Z3R0X

Found a spare hour last night to play with the address you found for X's saber duration. It works great! By reducing it from 16 to 10~8 you shave off just the last bit of delay, makes it a lot more quicker to use without going too far.

I went back and tried to follow this operation more carefully, and started documenting on my spreadsheet all the useful 800970A0+ addresses I've found so far for future reference.

As for the saber action:

800970A5
800970B7
Both change for an unique ID for each different action. Probably a general action ID and/or a spritesheet ID.

Seems to be the main flag for the saber action status.

By preventing changes on one or more of these address I've managed to make the saber self cancelling, but not without problems (like the saber not actually appearing and hitting anything). But I'm getting somewhere  :happy:

8003E630 checks if the buster shot action is in progress, if it is, the function for the saber action is skipped. By NOPing this op you can remove the very small wait you have after shooting with the buster before being able to use the saber. Not much of an impact since it's just a couple of frames, but cool nonetheless
8003F13C is the start of the function that reads conditions to trigger the saber action
8003EA04 is where it checks if the corresponding button is pressed
8003EA34 is where it jumps to if the button is pressed. Setting a breakpoint here puts you right at the start of the saber action after the button is pressed and all conditions are met. However, pressing the button during the slash itself wont trigger this breakpoint, or any point of this function. At some point (I havent found it yet), the whole function (that triggers saber action if conditions are met, including button press) is being skipped while the saber action is in progress. However other button presses checks are obviously not being skipped, since you can cancel it with a dash.

At this point I ran out of time. But I guess I just need to find out what is making this function be skipped during while the action is in progress.

(Cont.)

The function described above is called from 800350F0.
However, depending on the current action, the function will be replaced by others. The function above, starting at 80035274, corresponds to the player standing still.
The function called during the saber action starts at 801EBAE0, and it doesn't include any reading for the secondary attack button (default triangle).

So yeah, to make the saber auto-cancelling as I imagined, I think I'd have to move the whole function somewhere else and figure out how to write in a new input read that would reset the action back to the starting position...
... That's way beyond what I had in mind  ::)  I think I'll just drop it for now.

Fortunately the address Z3R0X found to make the action shorter already makes the saber a lot more enjoyable to use. I'll be playing with that from now  :)

Oh my, I think we might have overlook some issue here even after the release of v05.

1) Skip Dialogues
Mission Report first Nightmare Souls explanation is not there even if I didn't tick it.
Not sure is it because it may be affected by Nightmare Souls and Ranks.

2) Nightmare Souls and Ranks:
I think the original game suppose to be 800 souls to reach SA. Not 900 souls. Well, that's what I notice when I run vanilla.

These fixes, along with Z3R0X's contributions (high jump heights, saber attack duration), and injoon84's contributions (enabling Shadow's saber to be cancelled with dash) have been added to the patcher for the next version, v06. This time I'm uploading it to RHDN directly, it should be up soon! Updates for the base patch will come later too.

This update was all made by you guys, thank you so much for pushing this little project beyond what I set out to do initially!
« Last Edit: July 15, 2018, 05:19:14 am by acediez »

injoon84

• View Profile
Re: Mega Man X6 Tweaks/Patcher (v06)
« Reply #105 on: July 15, 2018, 09:25:16 am »
I think I get the whole value for LifeUp x16 and EnergyUp x16.
I know, the actual game is LifeUp x16 and EnergyUp x08.
But it will not increase the life gauge and energy gauge.
Give me about an hour. I'll let you know later.
This will definitely tidy up the life upgrade, energy upgrade and Reploids holding those upgrade.

July 15, 2018, 12:21:18 pm - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
Finally figure out!
I think most of the gameshark with 3xxxxxxxx xxxx supposed to be 8xxxxxxx xxxx on PSX Ram.
This is after I look again on acediez's spreadsheet.

Gameshark
#LifeUp x16 (Reploids LifeUp x08 + HeartTank x08)
800CCF3C FFFF
Note:
1) Save file will show LifeUp x16 but will not increase the life gauge.
2) Rescued Reploids with LifeUp will no longer give LifeUp.
3) LifeUp x08 from Reploids: (0100=Mah01404, 0200=Chun, 0400=Hatori, 0800=Kikuturk, 1000=PL 98, 2000=Etsu, 4000=Kazu, 8000=Gital, FF00=x08)
4) Collected Heart Tank: (0001=AmazonArea, 0002=NorthpoleArea, 0004=MagmaArea, 0008=RecycleLab, 0010=CentralMuseum, 0020=InamiTemple, 0040=LaserInstitute, 0080=WeaponCenter, 00FF=x08)

#EnergyUp x08 (FF00=x08 Reploids EnergyUp/ 00FF=x08 Not related)
800CCF3E FF00
Note:
1) Save file will show EnergyUp x08 but will not increase the energy gauge. EnergyUp x16 if use FFFF.
2) Rescued Reploids with EnergyUp will no longer give EnergyUp.
3) Energy up x08 from Reploids: (0100=Satton, 0200=Ken, 0400=Higurai, 0800=Wright, 1000=Home, 2000=Mao, 4000=Dai, 8000=Grantsu)
« Last Edit: July 16, 2018, 10:58:39 am by injoon84 »

Ghaleonh41

• View Profile
« Reply #106 on: July 15, 2018, 03:07:57 pm »
Great news! Can't wait to try it out!

BTW, quick question. Does anyone know what to do with a BIN file that won't load?

For instance, when I was using Z3R0X's X5 Patcher, the game got stuck at the second Now Loading Screen for the second Dynamo encounter.

Is there a file that I can use to fix this?
« Last Edit: July 15, 2018, 05:57:48 pm by Ghaleonh41 »

acediez

• View Profile
« Reply #107 on: July 15, 2018, 04:39:02 pm »
I think I get the whole value for LifeUp x16 and EnergyUp x16.
I know, the actual game is LifeUp x16 and EnergyUp x08.
But it will not increase the life gauge and energy gauge.
Give me about an hour. I'll let you know later.
This will definitely tidy up the life upgrade, energy upgrade and Reploids holding those upgrade.

Thanks for those new addresses! We're slowly filling up the blank spaces on the RAM playthrough table

Though I decided against automatically assign life and energy upgrades on the patcher when selecting Reploids because there's too many ways to assign them. We're still leaving the option open to not share upgrades, so for example, those 8 life upgrades can be assigned freely between X and Zero (all X, none Zero, 4 each, 6 one and 2 the other, etc.)

Great news! Can't wait to try it out!

BTW, quick question. Does anyone know what to do with a BIN file that won't load?

For instance, when I was using Z3R0X's X5 Patcher, the game got stuck at the second Now Loading Screen for the scond Dynamo encounter.

Is there a file that I can use to fix this?

There's a chance your problem is caused by EDD/EDC sectors. First of all I'd run your bin through STARWIN's EDC/ECC Recalculator and try again.

If the problem is still there, another thing that comes to mind if that you're patching the wrong version of the game? I don't know how Z3R0X patcher handles different revisions

If you're still having problems after that, then it's probably caused by the hacks themselves, in which case you should report it to him directly (he probably pays more attention to his youtube channel than these forums)
« Last Edit: July 15, 2018, 08:16:06 pm by acediez »

Ghaleonh41

• View Profile
« Reply #108 on: July 15, 2018, 07:33:54 pm »
Ok, I'll make sure to check each one that you suggested.

I did let him know on the YT video, but no answer yet.

Lumiere

• View Profile
« Reply #109 on: July 15, 2018, 08:23:06 pm »
Would it be possible to raise the blade armor's charged Z-Sabre damage? I understand that it's supposed to be weaker than the shadow armor's charged sabre, but when a charged falcon buster does nearly equivalent damage and you have to unlock the blade armor...

acediez

• View Profile
« Reply #110 on: July 15, 2018, 08:24:53 pm »
Would it be possible to raise the blade armor's charged Z-Sabre damage? I understand that it's supposed to be weaker than the shadow armor's charged sabre, but when a charged falcon buster does nearly equivalent damage and you have to unlock the blade armor...

I haven't figured out damage charts yet, but I agree, that's one more thing I'd like to fix before wrapping this up. Maybe next time!

Nevermind, I found it. This is how bad the armor actually is:

8007479D Regular shot: 3 damage
800747AF Half-charged shot: 7 damage
800747F3 Fully charged shot: 5 damage (YES, LESS)
800747C7 Charge shot ghosts: 1 damage

I bet they thought the ghost shots would make up for the reduced damage of the final charged shot, but most of the time they don't deal any damage at all, specially on bosses. The base shot should at the very least match the 7 damage of the half charged shot!

As for the sabre:

80074801 Regular sabre: 4 damage
8007480D Charged sabre: 3 damage (first two hits)
80074803 Charged sabre: 4 damage (third hit)

Again, probably good in theory, but some enemies and bosses won't get hit by anything past the first hit, so you're actually dealing LESS damage with the charged sabre. So, again, the first charged hit should at least be as powerful as the base one...

80074801 Dash: 3 damage

This will be fun to buff a bit...  :P

Anyway, I'll see how to implement editing this table on the patcher for the next version. In the meantime:

Here's one more feature for the weekend: dash lenght controls, and removing Blade Armor's air dash delay.

I'm uploading the new version directly for now since RHDN's submission approvals take some time.

That's it for now!
« Last Edit: July 16, 2018, 10:17:21 pm by acediez »

injoon84

• View Profile
« Reply #111 on: July 15, 2018, 10:26:54 pm »
Hmm, that's strange.
From the pic of v07:
1) The ground dash length between normal and Hyper Dash seems a lot different.

2) Blade's air dash is actually shorter than normal air dash?
If I'm not mistaken, Blade has the longest air dash.
Also, if equipped with Hyper Dash, Blade will go even further and faster.
The rest of the characters will get faster but shorter.

3) Does the remove Blade Armor's air dash delay apply on dash button, double tap direction button, and double jump button?
I personally hope it only affect the dash button and the double tap direction button.
Also, does that mean the Blade's air dash distant can now be controllable?

About the LifeUp and EnergyUp save file, my suggestion is create 3 new tick/untick boxes.
1) LifeUp x08 from Reploids (will not increase the life gauge)
2) LifeUp x08 from Heart Tank (will not increase the life gauge)
3) EnergyUp x08 from Reploids (will not increase the energy gauge)

acediez

• View Profile
« Reply #112 on: July 15, 2018, 10:53:51 pm »
Those are literally the same values (in decimal) that each different dash operation reads. Since they all work differently, don't expect the sliders to look proportional.
For example, since Hyper Dash if faster, the cycles are a lot shorter (while advancing more or less the same distance). So making the dash just a bit longer will make you advance waaay further.
I should've called it "dash duration" instead of lenght.

About the Blade Armor's delay removal, it applies to all directions
« Last Edit: July 15, 2018, 11:07:06 pm by acediez »

injoon84

• View Profile
« Reply #113 on: July 15, 2018, 11:39:34 pm »
I guess have to try it out first to fully understand it.
Also that's an impressive chart table damage for Blade armor.
Can you find out find out the psx ram jump x2 button for Falcon, Blade, Ultimate and Zero?

July 16, 2018, 12:06:06 am - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
Also, may I know what's the original value set on the Blade damage like the way how Z3ROX shows it?
« Last Edit: July 16, 2018, 12:06:06 am by injoon84 »

acediez

• View Profile
« Reply #114 on: July 16, 2018, 01:35:07 am »
These are all the damage addresses for the Blade Armor
As far as I can see, the "Buster Plus" part simply adds +1 on top, it's not a different base value like Hyper Dash

8007479D   Regular   03
800747AF   Mid charge   07
800747F3   Charged   05
800747C7   Charged (Ghost)   01
800747DD   Dash   03
80074801   Slash   04
8007480D   Slash (Charged) First and second hit   03
80074803   Slash (Charged) Third hit   04
8007480F   Giga Attack (Beam)   08
8007426F   Giga Attack (Contact)   01

Z3R0X

• My name's not shane, kid.
    • View Profile
    • My YT channel with mini tools.
« Reply #115 on: July 16, 2018, 01:36:41 am »
@Ghaleonh41
Sorry, YT is not showing alerts to responses, I hate that... I responded there.

@Topic
Nice additions acediez, this tool is looking great!

Lumiere

• View Profile
« Reply #116 on: July 16, 2018, 03:26:06 am »
I'm not surprised at the Blade Armor's poor damage, it always seemed like a quickly added armor compared to the shadow armor. Most of the blade armor's unique abilities are cobbled from the destroyed Third & Fourth Armors.

From Third Armor: 4-Direction Air Dash + the charged Z-Sabre(Now a Giga Attack)
From Fourth Armor:Heavily nerfed Plasma Shot(Unsure if Blade's Plasma Shot is weaker than the Ultimate Armor's)

It seems to me that whoever developed the Blade Armor forgot about the changes made to the Falcon Armor because the Falcon now acts like a standard armor for X.

injoon84

• View Profile
« Reply #117 on: July 16, 2018, 06:49:10 am »
Tested v07. I would conclude my personal preference on Gameplay Mechanics:

1) Zero's Sentsuizan
Change from Up+Square to Up+Triangle (No more cheap death)

2) Zero's Hyoroga and Shadow Armor
Jump height=192 (This is good enough to reach ceiling against Rainy Turtloid)
Disable infinite attachment to ceiling (Overpower if I enable this)

3) X's Saber
Slash duration (X, Falcon, Blade, Ultimate)=11 (Faster than normal but not too fast)
Slash duration (Shadow)=9 (Just want Shadow to swing slightly faster than other X)
Enable Dash cancelling for Shadow Armor's Saber (I want this for a long time)

4) Dash
Ground Dash Length (Normal)=30
Ground Dash Length (Hyper Dash)=18 (will have the same length as normal)
Air Dash Length (Normal)=18
Air Dash Length (Hyper Dash)=12 (very close normal air dash but still shorter)
Blade Armor Air Dash Length=15
Disable remove Blade Armor's Air Dash delay (Sound glitch plus easily die on spike area as air dash cannot be cancelled)

That is why I wish that every X's armor has special function on jump button twice.
a) Falcon Armor is able to execute maneuver Air-Dash in 8 different directions by pressing Jump button twice.
b) Blade Armor will have normal Air-Dash. Stagnant and longer Air-Dash is enable by pressing Jump button twice.
c) Shadow Armor is able to use double jump.
d) Ultimate Armor is able to temporary freely move around using direction buttons when hovering.

I know some may not look realistic at all. Can it be done?

acediez

• View Profile
« Reply #118 on: July 16, 2018, 06:38:34 pm »
About the damage charts, I screwed up, there's actually a separate table for each enemy!
Those values above are all against Mantis enemy in Commander Yammark's stage :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I hope I can find a cleaner way of buffing it than modifying every single table. I'll try again some other time.

That is why I wish that every X's armor has special function on jump button twice.
a) Falcon Armor is able to execute maneuver Air-Dash in 8 different directions by pressing Jump button twice.
b) Blade Armor will have normal Air-Dash. Stagnant and longer Air-Dash is enable by pressing Jump button twice.
c) Shadow Armor is able to use double jump.
d) Ultimate Armor is able to temporary freely move around using direction buttons when hovering.

I know some may not look realistic at all. Can it be done?

Those are good ideas, and there's probably a way to link back some existing movements to specific characters, all while separating the jump x2 input from the dash button, but I don't know how (not yet, at least). As for the Falcon Armor air dash, programming new movements is way beyond the scope of what I'm doing here.

One more before I go back to work :)

Edit: Older links and changelogs have been moved to the first post
« Last Edit: July 29, 2018, 04:37:21 pm by acediez »

Lumiere

• View Profile
« Reply #119 on: July 16, 2018, 08:36:14 pm »
Go figure about the damage table, you could just buff it vs the bosses at this time. Possibly buff only the Z-Saber related attacks as that is what the armor is supposed to do.

You should add a tooltip to the defense option if you haven't mentioning that buffing defense will make the shock buffer part redundant unless it stacks(I don't think so?)