News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules

Author Topic: Mega Man X6 Tweaks (v2.6)  (Read 373541 times)

Haruyuki Hyo

• Nostalgic Gamer
    • View Profile
Re: Mega Man X6 Tweaks (v2.6)
« Reply #900 on: August 12, 2021, 06:15:32 pm »
Are you using the standalone patches, or did you make one through the patcher?
What system are you playing on?
i uses the standalone patches, the emulator...
in PC: epsxe
in NEW3DS: RetroArch
At the moment I do not have a PSP to review it

The patcher, i have not downloaded it yet, since i use your patches directly

acediez

• View Profile
« Reply #901 on: August 12, 2021, 06:33:50 pm »
Which RetroArch core?
Did you get the issue both in RetroArch and ePSXe?

I just tested the uploaded patch with RetroArch Beetle PSX, did not get the issue.

pating

• The Filipino Shark
    • View Profile
« Reply #902 on: August 12, 2021, 08:15:57 pm »
Excuse, I am testing the patcher using PSP at the moment and it seems to be working correctly...

Haruyuki Hyo

• Nostalgic Gamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #903 on: August 12, 2021, 08:55:52 pm »
Which RetroArch core?
Did you get the issue both in RetroArch and ePSXe?

I just tested the uploaded patch with RetroArch Beetle PSX, did not get the issue.
yeap is the emulator the core of the RetroArch(PCSX ReARMed) sometimes do this in NEW3DS, in PC we need to change because epsxe is very unstable

acediez

• View Profile
« Reply #904 on: August 12, 2021, 09:06:18 pm »
I’m not surprised stuff like this might happen to the additional mugshots, the implementation uses RAM addresses the original game didn’t use, surely for a reason. Some emulators might allow it, some don’t.

Ultimately, my benchmark is original hardware (my modded PS2), and on PC, Mednafen PSX/Beetle PSX, which was the most accurate, at least back in 2019 when I worked in X6 (I’m not so sure now, it might be Duckstation). And last time I tried it, it worked fine in those.

For what is worth, I’m gonna test if this issue happens in v2.5 using PCSX too, just to verify if they were introduced now or if it’s always been there. It’s possible there might’ve some regressions, but honestly I would be surprised (I didn’t touch anything related to mugshots)

edit: tried v2.6 on PCSX Rearmed on RetroArch (latest version of the core, I just downloaded it). I didn't get the issue either. Could you try updating the core and see if it still happens?
« Last Edit: August 12, 2021, 09:54:34 pm by acediez »

Haruyuki Hyo

• Nostalgic Gamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #905 on: August 13, 2021, 09:17:27 am »
I’m not surprised stuff like this might happen to the additional mugshots, the implementation uses RAM addresses the original game didn’t use, surely for a reason. Some emulators might allow it, some don’t.
I was thinking about this, originally they don't have Dr Light and the Hunter mugshots, which I think when reading that part takes the image to use it as a base, but not being originally the code does not show it or if it does it comes out with the wrong color.I still need to update my emulators since there are more stable versions, don't worry Acediez this was my mistake for not checking my emulators  :P

r1ggles

• View Profile
« Reply #906 on: August 15, 2021, 08:32:18 pm »
Been trying this on a PS1 modded with an XStation, it gets stuck on the very first loading screen before the title screen, works great through emulation however. Anyone tested this with a chipped/ODE/PSIO modded PS1? (PS2 still has hardware differences from PS1, with certain aspects of the PS1 being emulated)

Edit: 2.5 works on console, I'm suspecting maybe patching out the intro capcom sequence might have something to do with it? Going to try patching it without removing that.

Edit2: Yep, without the Capcom intro removal it boots up fine past the loading screen.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2021, 09:04:17 pm by r1ggles »

acediez

• View Profile
« Reply #907 on: August 15, 2021, 10:29:03 pm »
Thanks for reporting back, I hadn’t encountered that issue. I should add a warning on a future update.

nanashi89

• View Profile
« Reply #908 on: August 16, 2021, 06:16:50 pm »
Any chance of adding the LC2 intro and outro as a tweak?

pating

• The Filipino Shark
    • View Profile
« Reply #909 on: August 18, 2021, 09:45:04 pm »
I'am using the Tweaks Patcher v. 2.6.1 and currently checking some tweaks from here and there and honestly to those who are using the Tweaks Patcher needs to be more careful because it has a chance to break the game if a person just randomly adjusting anything that's in it.

I have my personal profile of the tweaks patcher here down the link and I appreciate this one better for some personal preferences within the game like the Cutscenes triggered by souls I set the Nightmare's origin around 500 because before we normally reach 3000 through normal gameplay we already had a lot of information with the origin of the investigators which is Gate, unless a person I guess tried to grind soul much in a certain stage and acquire 3000 souls.

Recently I finished the game in xtreme mode by the following...

X only game play (means didn't defeat Nightmare Zero)
defeating all Mavericks complete Power Up Parts and Programs

X and Zero gameplay (which entirely X show)

X and Zero gameplay (which entirely Zero show using the Code#2)

X and Zero gameplay (defeating Lv. 4 Nightmare Zero)

For any glitches and bugs as of the time being I didn't find anything using my personal tweaks profile.

Thanks again to our project author Acediez, for re-creating Megaman X6  :thumbsup: :beer: :beer: :thumbsup:

I wasn't able to test it on PC using XEBRA emulator because my PC already passed out and little by little I'm saving money to buy a new one and I just using a Dell Latitude D630 with a faulty gpu connected into a monitor just to patch the game and turn it into a PSP EBOOT.PBP and transfer it to my PSP-3006.

Anyways the link is here...
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1pPwRgiIvAI8r7DB6Zr7FmWwKpA01bn7r/view?usp=sharing

R.O.C.K. ON!

acediez

• View Profile
« Reply #910 on: August 18, 2021, 11:34:43 pm »
Any chance of adding the LC2 intro and outro as a tweak?
I don’t think so. Even though editing and swapping video and audio files is easy, the parcher tool is built around static addresses, wasn’t made with major changes on the disc in mind.

But it is a rather easy hack you could try doing yourself on top of an already patched build.

I'am using the Tweaks Patcher v. 2.6.1 and currently checking some tweaks from here and there and honestly to those who are using the Tweaks Patcher needs to be more careful because it has a chance to break the game if a person just randomly adjusting anything that's in it.
Actually, it’s cool. Not a problem on the user’s side, all options on the patcher should be functional (or at least have a big fat warning when they’re experimental). I might do another small update just to remove the “skip video” options, as they were never tested outside of emulation and are not really that important (I only added them because I used them to debug the game more quickly).

Thanks again pating for your kind words and testing, I’m glad no new bugs have showed up.

pating

• The Filipino Shark
    • View Profile
« Reply #911 on: August 19, 2021, 02:53:26 am »
Actually, it’s cool. Not a problem on the user’s side, all options on the patcher should be functional (or at least have a big fat warning when they’re experimental). I might do another small update just to remove the “skip video” options, as they were never tested outside of emulation and are not really that important (I only added them because I used them to debug the game more quickly).

Thanks again pating for your kind words and testing, I’m glad no new bugs have showed up.

I actually sometimes use the skip video also when I wanted to experiment with the game.  :laugh: :beer:

injoon84

• View Profile
« Reply #912 on: August 19, 2021, 10:18:38 am »
Hey, check this out!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTjGvd617MgGIdzjkVYbWYg
Someone is using the info from the Tweaks Patcher to create their own hack. It's refreshing to see something different in a while.

acediez

• View Profile
« Reply #913 on: August 19, 2021, 01:45:00 pm »
I’ll be happy to play someone else’s hack and get a few surprises myself for a change  :P

pating

• The Filipino Shark
    • View Profile
« Reply #914 on: August 20, 2021, 10:52:37 pm »
Just found a precautions for the Nightmare's origin cutscene shouldn't be greater than the required soul in achieving UH Rank using the Tweaks Patcher v.2.6.1

I tested a what if I put the required soul of that certain cutscene greater than the required soul for UH.

Then I reached UH from grinding Nightmare souls. Then finish the 8 investigators and surpassed the requirement souls for the cutscene. Enter a cleared stage then use the exit stage from the pause menu and it will show the Nightmare's origin cutscene even if you already beat the 8 investigators and already unlock Gate's stage.

No need to fix this thing. Just add a precaution that the Nightmare soul requirement of that cutscene shouldn't be greater than the required soul in achieving UH rank.

TrollerHelp

• View Profile
« Reply #915 on: August 29, 2021, 08:37:39 am »
Someone making for Megaman x LC2 Patch pls? i dont know how to add them in ;D ;D ;D

pating

• The Filipino Shark
    • View Profile
« Reply #916 on: August 31, 2021, 11:34:04 am »
Someone making for Megaman x LC2 Patch pls? i dont know how to add them in ;D ;D ;D

Good question. But sorry you are in a wrong thread.

G30FF

• View Profile
« Reply #917 on: August 31, 2021, 12:56:42 pm »
I just finished a full playthrough of the latest version of X6 Tweaks (vanilla, no mods from the patcher tool). It made the game SO much better! Battles with Gate and High Max were still hell, but there's not much else that could reasonably be done to improve those battles, save for possibly reducing their overall health. Blaze Heatnix's stage is still annoying with X, due to the rising magma donut fight, but it's still doable. And the incomplete armor code is a godsend for reducing backtracking. Getting to Rank UH was fairly easy now, I made it there by the time I finished all 8 Investigator stages. I did grind Nightmare Souls a bit in order to get the fight with Nightmare Zero Lv4 (something actually possible now that Nightmare Viruses always drop Souls and won't regenerate if you don't pick up their drops). The new script is worlds better. I could actually enjoy the story in the game this time! All in all, a vastly improved experience. X6 is still not a great game due to a couple of very low points, but I can't imagine playing it any other way now.

I did notice one typo during my playthrough though. During Gate's intro monologue, he says "I wonder many people... how many Reploids lost their lives here..." When it should say "I wonder how many people..."

Eldrethor

• View Profile
« Reply #918 on: August 31, 2021, 03:13:48 pm »
X6 is still not a great game due to a couple of very low points

I had a moment the other day where I turned off X5, fired up my complete X6 file, and didn't want to play any of the stages because I can think of something horribly unlikable about each one.

fianovale

• View Profile
« Reply #919 on: August 31, 2021, 05:01:43 pm »
I think that this mod fixes and rebalance some aspects of the game, and make it replayable, thanks Acediez for make this mod!
I would like to edit some of the stages, is there a program to do that? (sorry if not the right place for this reply)