News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Mega Man X6 Tweaks/Patcher (v15)  (Read 23624 times)

injoon84

• View Profile
Re: Mega Man X6 Tweaks/Patcher (v02)
« Reply #60 on: July 09, 2018, 12:10:00 am »
Z3R0X,
Splendid! I died a lot too.

For Megaman x6,
1) Is it possible to make Zero's Hyoroga jump slightly higher to the point he can reach ceiling for the boss fight against Rainy Turtloid?
2) Zero's Guard Shell to be activated/deactivated by pressing square+triangle instead of choosing it from the weapons menu?

Megaman x5,
1) Zero's F-Splasher is change from dash button to giga attack button so that Zero can retain his normal air dash?
2) Zero's C-Sword is change either by up+square or triangle button also to retain Zero's standard attack?
3) X's and Zero's Dark Hold can be activated and deactivated by pressing special weapon button?

Z3R0X

• My name's not shane, kid.
    • View Profile
    • My YT channel with mini tools.
« Reply #61 on: July 09, 2018, 12:25:32 am »
Z3R0X,
Splendid! I died a lot too.

For Megaman x6,
1) Is it possible to make Zero's Hyoroga jump slightly higher to the point he can reach ceiling for the boss fight against Rainy Turtloid?
2) Zero's Guard Shell to be activated/deactivated by pressing square+triangle instead of choosing it from the weapons menu?

Megaman x5,
1) Zero's F-Splasher is change from dash button to giga attack button so that Zero can retain his normal air dash?
2) Zero's C-Sword is change either by up+square or triangle button also to retain Zero's standard attack?
3) X's and Zero's Dark Hold can be activated and deactivated by pressing special weapon button?

Yes, it can be done, is a lot of work, I need to made custom routines for most of the these cases you described.

acediez

• View Profile
Re: Mega Man X6 Tweaks/Patcher (v05)
« Reply #62 on: July 09, 2018, 12:56:08 am »
No problem, Acediez! It could be one of the options that I chose, but it's only an issue on the PSP. That's the only answer I can think of.
Oh man, there was quite an oversight on that bit of code. It's the kind of stuff that emulators like ePSXe and no$psx forgive, so that's why injoon84 didn't have any problems with it, but I'm thinking now that I must've had it on my PS2 run, I just didn't notice. So thank you so much for reporting and insisting on it.

Updated to v04f/v05 to address this problem, as well as adding the modification Z3R0X just contributed Edit: Submitted to the site as v05

Thanks once again both of you for your testing! You've all been very helpful

No problem my friend, here is:

Thank you so much! That's one modification I really wanted to make but hadn't been able yet. I already spent some time going down the rabbit hole that are input operations, starting from breaking points on the controller port reading address, but didn't get far

I just added this to my tool. I hope you don't mind.
For my part, you can check the spreadsheet I'm sharing here for everything I've done. I'll update it soon with the newer stuff.

Now I remember where I'd seen your name before, you asked me about the palletes on X4. Well, good luck with that! You should try contacting DarkSamus933 directly, who was working on a graphics compressor/decompressor some time ago.

Since you're doing stuff for all three PS1 MMX games and, and you're already beyond what the "Improvement project" started for X5 (and will probably go beyond what I did here too), you should definitely make your own thread, so everyone can follow your progress more easily. Besides, I'd like to keep this thread exclusively about my tool, it's easier to follow comments and bug reports that way.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2018, 01:18:12 am by acediez »

Z3R0X

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 09, 2018, 01:29:35 am »
Thanks for sharing your tool, I'm glad to help you.
Yes, you should be carefull with load operations, they have 1 cycle delay, I learn that the hard way :P

injoon84

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 09, 2018, 10:47:51 am »
Tested v04f and set it to my own preference.
Played and beat the game using emulator ePSXe 2.0.5.
I don't see any problem. See how others feedback later.

ZROX,
Thank you for sharing. I can finally enjoy using Sentsuizan.
Also, since you'll be hacking Megaman X4 to X6, please try to include what I queries earlier.
Make Shadow's Up+Jump height the same as Zero's Hyoroga too.

Another wishlist on Megaman X4:
1) Zero's Kuuenbu spinning blade attack is change to either by up+square or triangle.
2) Zero's Shippuuga can be launch in air too.
3)

July 09, 2018, 10:49:28 am - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
3) Zero black armor will have better defense and faster recovery.

Ghaleonh41

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 09, 2018, 12:53:10 pm »
Good, glad I was able to help.

I will test on the PSP with 2 files. One for X, the other for Zero. I'll let you know if I run into any problems.

Now I have to get used to Zero's new combo for Sentsuizan... I'm sure that move has caused a couple of deaths for everyone!

Z3ROX, not sure if you answered on the video, but what do you plan on doing for X4?

Z3R0X

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 09, 2018, 11:29:41 pm »

Z3ROX, not sure if you answered on the video, but what do you plan on doing for X4?

Hello, I uploaded an update for MMX5 with the 3 things we discuss.
And for X4 I will implement basic things like all weapons, invincibility, enable black armors without the code, quick charge X (maybe on the fly buster change between the 3 buster types) and fix Zero shock buffer, is so strange on black armor.
And these:
- Zero's Kuuenbu spinning blade attack is change to either by up+square or triangle.
- Zero's Shippuuga can be launch in air too.
For X6:
- Make Shadow's Up+Jump height the same as Zero's Hyoroga too.
- Blade Armor dashes length control.
- Combine secret codes so you can get both black armors.
- Zero always has overdrive.
- And the basic stuff.
Great work acediez with these tweaks.

injoon84

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 10, 2018, 09:28:26 am »
Yes! Mega Man X6 Tweaks/Patcher (v05) is finally out!
Thank you acediez.
I can finally get to play a much better Mega Man X6 game!
An improvement that Capcom should have considered when they released Mega Man X Collection.

acediez

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 10, 2018, 09:32:12 am »
It's just the culmination of all the bug fixes done through v04 (it's the same as v04f). Seemed like a good place to update the submission on the site. The base patch and the spreadsheet have been updated too.

I really hope I got everything covered now. Thanks for your support all the way through!

Z3R0X

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 10, 2018, 11:11:50 am »
It's just the culmination of all the bug fixes done through v04 (it's the same as v04f). Seemed like a good place to update the submission on the site. The base patch and the spreadsheet have been updated too.

I really hope I got everything covered now. Thanks for your support all the way through!

Thank you for all your effort acediez, I will make a tool with your spreadsheet and to replace the auto hotkey one, this tool will have compatibility with Megaman x6 1.0 and 1.1, auto ECC/EDC fix and able to patch, read the current modifications of the RAW/2352 images and restore original without making a backup. Of course the tools will be this thread exclusive and all the people who contributed.

acediez

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 10, 2018, 11:41:53 am »
Thank you for all your effort acediez, I will make a tool with your spreadsheet and to replace the auto hotkey one, this tool will have compatibility with Megaman x6 1.0 and 1.1, auto ECC/EDC fix and able to patch, read the current modifications of the RAW/2352 images and restore original without making a backup. Of course the tools will be this thread exclusive and all the people who contributed.
That's great!
Feel free to release it anywhere, as your own release, with just a mention on the credits I'll happy (as I credited you for the contribution you made  :) )

You should submit your X5 patcher on the site too, it's hard to keep track of projects on youtube.

Zero Dozer

• Wow, I've used that Eminem quote for a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 10, 2018, 07:25:57 pm »
Okay, ran the new patch, chose complete. Defeated four Mavericks, still didn't reach the required rank to enable Black Zero (2300 Souls of 2500), but so far the patch has been going without a hitch.

injoon84

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 10, 2018, 11:09:08 pm »
Oh my, I think we might have overlook some issue here even after the release of v05.

1) Skip Dialogues
Mission Report first Nightmare Souls explanation is not there even if I didn't tick it.
Not sure is it because it may be affected by Nightmare Souls and Ranks.

2) Nightmare Souls and Ranks:
I think the original game suppose to be 800 souls to reach SA. Not 900 souls. Well, that's what I notice when I run vanilla.

Ghaleonh41

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 10, 2018, 11:19:40 pm »
Injoon84, I noticed that too on my current playthrough. Do you think it's a problem?

acediez

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 10, 2018, 11:26:03 pm »
Oh my, I think we might have overlook some issue here even after the release of v05.
That's cool, there can always be a 5.1 and so on  :)
I'm a bit busy at the moment but I'll check these next time. If anything else comes up, bug reports and comments are still very much appreciated. Thanks again!

Z3R0X

• View Profile
« Reply #75 on: July 11, 2018, 01:03:21 am »
Hello, I found 1 of the modification that injoon84 ask for:
Zero and Shadow Up+Jump
RAM = 8003659C
BIN = 1D94C884
90 00
<>
XX XX <- Replace with...
0x90 is the default height, the max value is 0x7FFF since is a halfword

acediez

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 11, 2018, 01:43:26 am »
That was quick! Great! This is gonna be fun to play around with  :woot!:

Since you're doing this kind of modifications, could try finding how to control X's saber delay? I'd like to reduce how much you have to wait until you can use it again. This is another point I was just starting to look for, but haven't found yet.

Z3R0X

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 11, 2018, 01:59:06 am »
I will give a try! I found these two RAM offsets, you can play with these values to make Zero with jumper part (I don't test it with other characters) jump higher and faster fall slower, its like moon gravity. There are other values in this section that you can play with, don't know if these physics values.
RAM
800971D4

This is the function that initializes most of these values:
RAM = 8003BD24

Edit:
The sabre delay is not really a delay, is more like animation speed, I found that increasing animation speed does the job and some neat things.

X Sabre Animation
RAM = 801F492C
BIN = 1D9BFAC4
16 40 01 33 <-
<>                 | - These are not instructions.
01 40 01 33 <-

There are some values that I don't know what they do but...
If you set to 1 (is the min value or the animation freezes) the sabre animation increase.
If you change the values to:
0C 40 03 33
X will do 2 slashes  :o
« Last Edit: July 11, 2018, 03:30:03 am by Z3R0X »

injoon84

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 11, 2018, 07:35:21 am »
Z3ROX,
Thank you for finding out those up+jump value.
I try it using gameshark and only came out with 3 results.
1) Jump much lower than usual
2) Jump as it is (Hyoroga moves height)
3) Jump with unlimited height (It'll stick at ceiling and able to launch Hyoroga at Rainy Turtloid)
Too bad as it can't make the jump height slightly higher than Hyoroga.

Also, did you check all my gameshark value at page 1?
If you didn't, please trace back the one I mix with Joker Command.
The one I mention about Ultimate Leg Jets Hovers up and down.
Can you make it without relying on Joker Command?
There are also other interesting gameshark codes I actually put there to mix it with Joker Command.
Maybe you can come out of something if you look into it.

Z3R0X

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 11, 2018, 11:25:43 am »
Z3ROX,
Thank you for finding out those up+jump value.
I try it using gameshark and only came out with 3 results.
1) Jump much lower than usual
2) Jump as it is (Hyoroga moves height)
3) Jump with unlimited height (It'll stick at ceiling and able to launch Hyoroga at Rainy Turtloid)
Too bad as it can't make the jump height slightly higher than Hyoroga.

Also, did you check all my gameshark value at page 1?
If you didn't, please trace back the one I mix with Joker Command.
The one I mention about Ultimate Leg Jets Hovers up and down.
Can you make it without relying on Joker Command?
There are also other interesting gameshark codes I actually put there to mix it with Joker Command.
Maybe you can come out of something if you look into it.
I will check them out!

Hello, I patched directly into the BIN with this value and is enough to reach the ceiling in Rainy Turtloid on the sigma stage battle.
RAM = 8003659C
BIN = 1D94C884
90 00
<>
C0 00

Ceiling Duration Zero
RAM = 80036544
BIN = 1D94C82C
78 00
<>
00 00

Ceiling Duration Shadow