News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Mega Man X6 Tweaks/Patcher (v15)  (Read 35885 times)

acediez

• View Profile
Re: Mega Man X6 Tweaks/Patcher (v02)
« Reply #40 on: July 05, 2018, 01:24:08 am »
Thank you so much! I was sure you would find something  :laugh:

Ok, so, confirmed working correctly:
- Nightmare Effects: Added a note about the ice walls being unblocked.
- Shared Stats: Looking good so far
- Life/Energy/Rank Upgrades: Looks ok to me. The Souls are intended to be set according to your table. And the patcher warns you about X'a values taking over if Shared Stats is selected. It's the only way to make it work as it is.

Fixed in v04d:
- Individual Parts assigned wrongly: There was a small set of Parts being wrongly assigned (Hyper Dash, Jumper), but I think what caused more problems on your testing was that the values were not resetting properly after patching and changing options without closing and reopening the program. I fixed it now so the chosen values will reset correctly after each try.
- Unticking Falcon won't disable Falcon Armor being available: Fixed! Of course, it will be reflected after the opening stage.
- Using the patcher breaks the cheat codes for unlocking Ultimate Armor and Black Zero: This was quite an oversight. I put my code in place to replace the value for characters available but completely forgot about the cheats. Well, I don't think I can make both work perfectly together without making a huge rewrite, so for now, I just made it so the value is only replaced when an option from "Characters available" is selected. Choosing anything else from the patcher besides this should now keep the cheats functional. I also added a note about this.

Other changes:
- Changed the buttons for the Exit Stage option to either "Main stages only" or "Anywhere" (because I realized you need both modifications selected to have it available on the intro and hidden stages, just selecting that option wouldn't work. So "Anywhere" now behaves the same as selecting both options in previous versions).

Edit: Older links and changelogs have been moved to the first post

Thanks again for all your testing. Please let me know if you notice anything else. We're getting closer to a "final" v04 release.

A full armor parts is collected without affecting the game mode level.

I don't understand what you mean by this. What "game mode level" should be affected by collecting armor parts?
« Last Edit: July 29, 2018, 04:37:49 pm by acediez »

injoon84

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 05, 2018, 06:27:50 am »
What I mean is if using gameshark,

#Have All Armor Parts (Shadow & Blade) / Easy Mode
800CCF38 FF00
#Have All Armor Parts (Shadow & Blade) / Normal Mode
800CCF38 FF01
#Have All Armor Parts (Shadow & Blade) / Xtreme Mode
800CCF38 FF02

As you can see the FF is the hexadecimal value for Shadow and Blade armor parts.
However, the problem is the 00 to 02 hexadecimal value as it will affect the game as Easy, Normal, or Xtreme mode.
This is a common mistake you'll get if you look at any website for the gameshark armor parts as they totally ignore the game mode.
Therefore, the correct gameshark value should be,

#Have All Armor Parts (Shadow & Blade)
800CCF39 00FF
#Game Mode (0000=Easy, 0100=Normal, 0200=Xtreme)
800CCF37 0100

However, I wouldn't be too sure if this new PSX RAM will create any abnormality in the game.
I was just afraid you might use the wrong PSX RAM but it turns out fine. So nothing to worry about.
Wasn't that the way how you include in the armor parts for Shadow and Blade?

acediez

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 05, 2018, 08:49:43 am »
In assembly you don't need to write two bytes everytime, that's a gameshark limitation. I just write "FF" (or "00", "0F", or "F0") in 800CCF39 directly

800CCF38 is for difficulty mode
800CCF39 is for armor pieces

By using the 800CCF38 FF00 gameshark, for example, you're writting "00" in 800CCF38 and "FF" in 800CCF39 (little endian, bytes are written in reverse order). So by that logic, your corrected gameshark should be fine.

I don't know what 800CCF37 and 800CC3A are used for, but they stay as "00" as far as I've seen, so your corrected codes should be safe.

injoon84

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 05, 2018, 02:54:46 pm »
Mega Man X6 Tweaks Patcher (v04d) using emulator ePSXe 2.0.5.
Hopefully this will be the final test needed.

1) Nightmare Effects
Already test by disable only 1 Nightmare Effects at a time. The other Nightmare Effects will still carry as usual.
Should be working well.

2) Nightmare Souls and Ranks
Events triggered by # of souls
After plenty of trial and error, I came up with a conclusion that the souls must have at least 256 to trigger the event.

3) New Game Status
a) Parts and rescued reploids
Checked Normal, X, Zero, Limited Part one by one.
Only notice normal parts still has little error.
Speedster   = Reploids rescued (Tsuki from Central Museum) is correct but gets Hyper Dash.
Hyper Dash   = Reploids rescued (Nori from Inami Temple) is correct but gets Speedster.
b) Characters Available
Tick Zero/Zero (Black):
Nothing change between v04c and v04d.
Means we can't play as Zero vs Nightmare Zero unless using Gameshark. Too bad.

acediez

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 06, 2018, 04:01:07 am »
Here is v04e
- (Fix) Slots of Speedster and Hyper Dash were swapped. Now all Parts should work perfectly.
- (New) Choosing to start with Zero available now allows you to fight Nightmare Zero as Zero (doesn't skip straight to High Max as it normally would)
- Additional notes added to the GUI.

I wasn't planning on making the Zero vs. Nightmare Zero fight available because there was quite a bit to move around. The game uses "has Zero/doesn't have Zero" as a flag to assign you High Max as the next optional boss, and it's read every time you reach the Stage Select screen. So, to make this work, I had to make it write/read a separate flag. I also made it skip the Zero introductory scene just to make it tidier. So yeah, it did take some extra work. Since you seemed interested in having this option, consider this a big thank you for all your help  :cookie:

Try getting Black Zero (fighting Nightmare Zero Lvl.4) as Zero. I wasn't sure how it would work. It does, and it's pretty cool  :)

If at some point I end up editing text in the game, I'll consider restoring the missing dialogue between Zero and Nightmare Zero (it only works on Commander Yammarks' stage, apparently)
« Last Edit: July 10, 2018, 01:11:07 am by acediez »

injoon84

• View Profile
« Reply #45 on: July 06, 2018, 08:42:44 am »
Mega Man X6 Tweaks Patcher (v04e) using emulator ePSXe 2.0.5.

New Game Status
Characters Available
Falcon:
Tick Falcon will not break the cheat codes for getting Ultimate and Zero Black but untick will.
By untick Falcon, every time you try to select a character starting from X, you have to press left(x4) to change to other characters.
If you press from right, you have to press twice to change to other characters.
Zero/Zero (Black):
Yup. Working as stated. Thank you. I don't see the purpose of having Zero available after intro stage if we can't get Zero vs Nightmare Zero.

I think the rest is working well provided no changes from v04d.

Actually, having Zero vs Nightmare Zero is one of my wishlist.
I was thinking in the future release, maybe you can include an optional path to revive Nightmare Zero when "Nightmare Origin" scene is triggered.

It should goes like this:
Give the option to revive Nightmare Zero when "Nightmare Origin" scene is triggered.
Set the "Nightmare Origin" scene souls needed as same or higher than boss Lv.4.
However, the souls needed will be lower than "Gate Revealed" scene.
Therefore, once X beats Nightmare Zero, Zero introductory scene will follow up as well as getting the character.
Then, if High Max not beaten and you collected enough souls to trigger the "Nightmare Origin" scene, Nightmare Zero will revived.
Make all Zero vs Nightmare Zero conversation as the one in Commander Yammark's stage but restored some error of X: to Zero:.
When X/Zero beats Nightmare Zero, Zero Black will be available since Nightmare Zero is now Lv.4.
Make the game to remember to trigger Zero introductory scene only once like how you do on "Nightmare Origin" scene.
This is to avoid repetitive scene.
It's your decision to skip fight against Nightmare Zero/High Max at Lv.4 by either beat 8 main stages or collecting souls to trigger "Gate Revealed" scene.
But, if you do so, you miss your 2nd chance to change Zero to Zero Black.
Also, by skipping the fight against Nightmare Zero/High Max at Lv.4 and enable Gate lab, you'll will fight Dynamo as usual.

acediez

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 06, 2018, 09:30:49 am »
By untick Falcon, every time you try to select a character starting from X, you have to press left(x4) to change to other characters.
If you press from right, you have to press twice to change to other characters.
That's very weird. Maybe the menu expects Falcon Armor to always be available and doesn't correctly handle having to skip it. I don't know how to fix it, so I'll just put a note warning about it for now.

I was thinking in the future release, maybe you can include an optional path to revive Nightmare Zero when "Nightmare Origin" scene is triggered.

Thanks for the suggestion. I like the idea of having a way of getting to the Zero vs Nightmare Zero fight in a normal playthrough without necessarily having to make Zero available from the start. It needs quite a bit of effort to make it work like you describe, so I'll consider it for later on, as I already have a couple of things I'd like to move on to work on now.

I'm gonna keep an eye on the thread for a few days before submiting the current version to the site, in case any other problem comes up. If there isn't, this is gonna be it for now! Thanks again injoon64 and everyone who's tested it and reported back. I wouldn't have gone past the first couple of releases without your help.

Ghaleonh41

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 06, 2018, 02:09:10 pm »
No problem! I posted earlier, but I guess it wasn't accepted.

So I found a possible bug on my recent tests on the PSP. I noticed that X & Zero have less health than they should once you have all 16 Hearts. From what I've seen, this is only on the PSP, because on FPSe for Android, the proper amount is displayed. I will continue testing on both devices for the time being.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2018, 06:26:33 pm by Ghaleonh41 »

injoon84

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 07, 2018, 01:25:19 am »
Ghaleonh41, which patcher did you use and what settings did you activated?
If you don't explain it properly, acediez can't make any necessary adjustment needed even if he wants.

Ghaleonh41

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 07, 2018, 09:03:12 am »
I see. Well, the thing is, everytime I use the patcher, my changes are very minimal.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1e8wdgRLGo3Po2ZdAAojeKKKB34foMHlE - 04d - For this one I also changed the amount of Souls received. Small = 5, Large = 10, Red = 120, Green = 240, & Dynamo = 360.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1KUbWRjAGnxwUf8ZN-BKSpLNVDI3P6pJF - 04e
« Last Edit: July 07, 2018, 09:42:20 am by Ghaleonh41 »

Z3R0X

• My name's not shane, kid.
    • View Profile
    • My YT channel with mini tools.
« Reply #50 on: July 07, 2018, 01:48:32 pm »
Oh, my, I'm doing some tools too, nice work!
Mine is more like cheats and some fixes ;D
I'm doing the same for MM x4 and x6

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kn-zUwniRmA

injoon84

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 08, 2018, 02:26:15 am »
Z3R0X, shouldn't you post it in Mega Man X5 Improvement Project [PSX]?
But, it's really impressive that W-Shredder now change from square to triangle.
Mind to share it with us how you change the button?
At Mega Man X5 Improvement Project [PSX] of course!

July 08, 2018, 10:10:41 am - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
Ghaleonh41,
I've tried patcher v04e and set it as your preference.
Then, convert the Bin to PBP file using PSX2PSPv1.4.2_BASE.
Since I don't have PSP, I can only try it on ePSXe 2.0.5. using the PBP file instead.
Everything working fine with Nightmare Zero and 8 main stages beaten, rescued all 128 reploids, collected all armors parts, 8 heart tanks, 2 Energy Tank, Weapon Tank, and EX Tank. (So tired... I'm just a casual gamers)
I don't see any problem with the x16 life up health issue on X and Zero.
I suspect PSP may have the same problem even if you converted the original Mega Man X6(USA) v1.1 Bin file to PBP file.
It may have nothing to do with the patcher.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2018, 10:10:41 am by injoon84 »

Z3R0X

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 08, 2018, 11:48:33 am »
I think the mmx5 project creator is busy, that project is on hold, I post there asking for help and no one reply.
Also, I have a similar tool for MMx6 to change Sentsuizan from [] to /\ because...
I die a lot of times with that move :banghead:

Ghaleonh41

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 08, 2018, 05:52:54 pm »
injoon84, that's a possibility considering that it caused some grief before. I'll try it vanilla & see what happens.

July 08, 2018, 07:01:18 pm - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
And the answer is no, it has to do with the patcher. On my previous playthroughs, I could tell something was wrong because X's health would jump quite a bit from just picking up 2 Hearts.

So I used the untweaked 1.1 bin & his health went up normally.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2018, 07:01:18 pm by Ghaleonh41 »

Z3R0X

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 08, 2018, 08:35:44 pm »
I hope my tool does not have that bug with the health  :P

Ghaleonh41

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 08, 2018, 08:45:01 pm »

Z3R0X, how goes your testing of your X5 Tool? Any issues yet?

And I hope that's not the case!

acediez

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 08, 2018, 08:51:35 pm »
Thanks once again injoon84 for your testing

Gheonh41, thanks for reporting. I'm gonna take a second look to that modification to see what could be the cause, but if I can't reproduce, I'm not sure where to look at. You're the only one to report this problem so far, and I didn't have it on my PS2 playthrough.

Also, I have a similar tool for MMx6 to change Sentsuizan from [] to /\ because...
I die a lot of times with that move :banghead:

Cool! Would you mind sharing how you did it? :)
I haven't figured out input relates modifications yes

(I hope you're here willing to contribute and not just shill your own project. You should make your own thread for that)

Ghaleonh41

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 08, 2018, 09:18:28 pm »
No problem, Acediez! It could be one of the options that I chose, but it's only an issue on the PSP. That's the only answer I can think of.

Z3R0X

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 08, 2018, 09:39:33 pm »
(I hope you're here willing to contribute and not just shill your own project. You should make your own thread for that)

No problem my friend, here is:
RAM = 801EA4A8
BIN = 1D9C0770
Is a simple "andi" very easy to see and understand.
10 = [ ]
20 = /\
Opcodes:
Original
10 00 42 30
Mod
20 00 42 30

Now I want to learn how to edit sprites on these games, I can't find the correct palettes on tile molester, I suck on that :(

Z3R0X, how goes your testing of your X5 Tool? Any issues yet?

And I hope that's not the case!

No problems so far, I managed to enable the bosses drop both parts and both upgrades regardless of what the player choose.

Ghaleonh41

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 08, 2018, 10:22:41 pm »
That's great! Is it ready for release?