News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: SMB Palette Change  (Read 633 times)

Magic_Man_5000

• View Profile
SMB Palette Change
« on: June 13, 2018, 05:56:50 pm »
Is it possible to make it so that the brick piece uses the same palette as the brick rather than the goomba palette, since if i change the colors of the goomba palette and break a brick the brick will turn the colors of the goomba

I'm also wondering how to change it so i can use the coin palette on the title screen

Eden.GT

• Hardcore SMB1 Player and Hacker
    • View Profile
Re: SMB Palette Change
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2018, 07:55:50 am »
Nah, you're confusing enemy sprite palettes with background sprite palettes, so it's not possible for a brick block debris sprite (enemy sprite) to have the same palette as the unbroken brick block (background sprite).
Want to get more into SMB Hacking alongside with help support? Send me a private message for a Discord invite link: SMB Arena

Magic_Man_5000

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2018, 10:24:08 am »
Nah, you're confusing enemy sprite palettes with background sprite palettes, so it's not possible for a brick block debris sprite (enemy sprite) to have the same palette as the unbroken brick block (background sprite).

Ah, that explains it. Thanks.
But how can I make it so I can use the coin palette on the title screen like in SMB Medley and YY-SMB2?

Eden.GT

• Hardcore SMB1 Player and Hacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2018, 05:48:11 am »
Ah, that explains it. Thanks.
But how can I make it so I can use the coin palette on the title screen like in SMB Medley and YY-SMB2?

Though you can do it with SMB Title Editor by Betaworld to change the palette pointers of the title screen via the fifth button, here's a quicker alternative: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/263117905036574720/457118938128449536/TitleBright.ips
Want to get more into SMB Hacking alongside with help support? Send me a private message for a Discord invite link: SMB Arena