News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: SMB Palette Change  (Read 535 times)

Magic_Man_5000

• View Profile
SMB Palette Change
« on: June 13, 2018, 05:56:50 pm »
Is it possible to make it so that the brick piece uses the same palette as the brick rather than the goomba palette, since if i change the colors of the goomba palette and break a brick the brick will turn the colors of the goomba

I'm also wondering how to change it so i can use the coin palette on the title screen

Eden.GT

• Hardcore SMB1 Player and Hacker
    • View Profile
Re: SMB Palette Change
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2018, 07:55:50 am »
Nah, you're confusing enemy sprite palettes with background sprite palettes, so it's not possible for a brick block debris sprite (enemy sprite) to have the same palette as the unbroken brick block (background sprite).

Magic_Man_5000

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2018, 10:24:08 am »
Nah, you're confusing enemy sprite palettes with background sprite palettes, so it's not possible for a brick block debris sprite (enemy sprite) to have the same palette as the unbroken brick block (background sprite).

Ah, that explains it. Thanks.
But how can I make it so I can use the coin palette on the title screen like in SMB Medley and YY-SMB2?

Eden.GT

• Hardcore SMB1 Player and Hacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2018, 05:48:11 am »
Ah, that explains it. Thanks.
But how can I make it so I can use the coin palette on the title screen like in SMB Medley and YY-SMB2?

Though you can do it with SMB Title Editor by Betaworld to change the palette pointers of the title screen via the fifth button, here's a quicker alternative: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/263117905036574720/457118938128449536/TitleBright.ips