News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Wolfenstine 3D hack help  (Read 696 times)

Polargames

• View Profile
Wolfenstine 3D hack help
« on: June 10, 2018, 05:47:07 pm »
Hello everyone, I am currently working on a wolfenstine 3d hack of my own. I am haveing some trouble thought because I cannot find where the game music is located in the game. I am brand new to rom hacking and I have a basic understanding of the hex code, but I cannot find where the music is. What I am asking is if someone please tell me where to look or even if you know the general where I shuld look into, please let me know. As a way to say thank you for your help I will be more then willing to credit you in my rom hack when I have it completed. If you think that you have read this before you more then likely have because I had posted this in the wolfenstine uncut post which I was tring to delete because I had put it in the wrong area. I am sorry for that also. Thank you for takeing the time to read my post, and I look forward to your advice.  ;D

pianohombre

• View Profile
    • My personal website of short stories and comics
Re: Wolfenstine 3D hack help
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2018, 10:04:32 pm »
I recently joined another forum to continue my rom-hacking journey. W3D was started in D.O.S., but also in actual three-dimensions on another system, when it was released. Fun-game WW2-era, but almost identical to Doom.
"Programming in itself is beauty,
whether or not the operating system actually functions." - Linus Torvalds

Jorpho

• The cat screams with the voice of a man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2018, 09:35:56 am »
I am haveing some trouble thought because I cannot find where the game music is located in the game. I am brand new to rom hacking and I have a basic understanding of the hex code, but I cannot find where the music is.

Music hacking is exceptionally difficult and is not frequently done in SNES games or in games for any other console.

If you are really interested in changing the game, why not use the DOS version?  The source code for the DOS version was released years ago and people have been making extensive changes to it for years – including the music.  You should have no problem finding appropriate tools.

P.S. The game is Wolfenstein, not Wolfenstine.

W3D was started in D.O.S., but also in actual three-dimensions on another system, when it was released.
I have no idea what you might be referring to here.
This depresses me. I feel like a goldfish right now...

Psyklax

• View Profile
    • Psyklax Translations
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2018, 11:03:51 am »
I have no idea what you might be referring to here.

You're not the only one, the whole post is a mystery to me. :huh:

The OP didn't mention which W3D he wanted to hack: DOS, SNES, GBA, 3DO, Jaguar... Obviously DOS would be by far the easiest.