So the patches for the SaGa 3 remake were made a on a bad dump. This type of thing is frustrating to users like myself that actually get the legit cart.http://www.romhacking.net/translations/1705/
So ive done a comparison between the bad dump and the good and the delta is minimal. There are 2 sections that are 0'd out on the bad dump which contain some data in the good.
Other good news is that the bad patched game does not modify these 2 section.
So i took the patched bad rom and copied over the 2 small sections.
This should result in what a patched good rom should result in.
So then i ran the xdelta program that came with the rom to create a patch.
I was hoping that the result would be the same and maybe a couple bytes would change for something like crc.
But no i ended up with 63 mb file vs a 2300 kb file.
The xdelta that comes with Saga 2 patch gave a 3500 kb file
The xdelta on the utilities gave a 64 mb (assuming this is what came with Saga 3)