News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Zelda Parallel Worlds  (Read 107869 times)

Kitsune Sniper

• Complaining about mods == trolling, whee
    • View Profile
    • Foxhack.net
Re: Zelda Parallel Worlds
« Reply #20 on: January 01, 2007, 12:33:45 am »
Okay. Know what? Cut it out or I'm locking this thread.

You have a problem with that other board? Fine. Just don't bring it here.
For any further project updates, please visit my website. I do not wish to belong to a site where a user has no voice.

hippiejake

• View Profile
    • Finally got my shit together!
« Reply #21 on: January 01, 2007, 01:17:27 am »
Hmm... tricky.
Can't find the dungeon item of the second dungeon. Found the [item] key and actually beat the dungeon, but no item. It's also annoying to fight bosses every time you want to get past their room.
Other than that, this is just fantastic...

The 4-digit rupee counter looks intimidating, though... the zora scale was just too cheap. I suspect a mega-pricey item somewhere along the line.

And nice work with the magic meter. I'll no longer be stuck without magic, but it doesn't recharge quick enough to abuse.
Good. ;)

Just dying to know what the X button does...
I suspect it turns on Mrs. Schultz's porch light in Germany. :P

Lenophis

• Discord Staff
  • The return of the sombrero!
    • View Profile
    • Slick Productions
« Reply #22 on: January 01, 2007, 01:23:33 am »
I'm stuck on Armos and have no boomerang (which I guess I could've gotten way way back). Five hearts, 2 bottles with fairies and I can't beat Armos? Even standing in the "safe spot" I stand little chance. So yeah, I'm stuck. :P

https://ff6randomizer.codeplex.com/ - Randomize your FF6 experience!

hippiejake

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 01, 2007, 01:30:38 am »
The armos are tough. Try standing in the corner directly below the door and constantly stabbing upwards. Worked like a charm for me, but took forever. It's easy once there's only the red one left. I don't think this is cheating; I put B on turbo and fast forwarded while standing there, and after awhile they died. It just shortens an otherwise ages long task, so it seemed okay to me, as it didn't really make it easier.
If it works for you as well as it did for me, it should be a snap. ;)

misc20

« Reply #24 on: January 01, 2007, 04:23:08 am »
Quote from: Lenophis
I'm stuck on Armos and have no boomerang (which I guess I could've gotten way way back). Five hearts, 2 bottles with fairies and I can't beat Armos? Even standing in the "safe spot" I stand little chance. So yeah, I'm stuck.
You can find the boomerang in the guardhouse sewers. You normally need it to get past the last puzzles below the church (unless you use the bombs).

Lenophis

• Discord Staff
    • View Profile
    • Slick Productions
« Reply #25 on: January 01, 2007, 01:31:51 pm »
@ hippiejake

Where do you think I was standing when I said "safe spot?" ;)

@ misc20

Yeah, Euc told me so himself last night, and I can't go back to get it.

Also, new problem discovered. Talking to Zelda without full health causes the dialogue to disappear since health is being refilled. However, you still have to scroll through it.

SpiffSpoo

• Wark!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 01, 2007, 02:14:19 pm »
I don't think I have heard new music yet  :(.  And a little bug is when you are going down stairs to a new room, Link is in front of the wall graphic the entire time, when he reaches the new room he is displayed correctly.  I forgot if Zelda is bugged as well or not.

Yes the Scales are way to cheap, I expected them to be 500 like before, or maybe between 200-300 would be good?  And those Bow-wow are evil SOBs!  I got 5 heart tanks, I didn't even do a level yet, and they kill in 1 hit!  That is just too cruel!

The Guard House wasn't that bad, but I looked at the FAQ a few times because I thought there was only 1 Big Key per level, and that got me really confused.

PS
Maybe a new Zelda Sprite for a next release?  I am loving everything else, she just seems kinda of plain now  :P
Wark!

hippiejake

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 01, 2007, 02:40:36 pm »
@ hippiejake

Where do you think I was standing when I said "safe spot?" ;)

I dunno, the upper corner? Either way, if you're close enough to the wall, it should work.

I ran into a bug on the moth boss. For some reason, it stopped shooting at me. It would stop and make the noise that the projectile makes, but there was no beam to be seen. Odd.

And I finally found the Item in level 2. Tricky. Remember in Super Demo World TLC the room with all the fake keys, and only 1 is real? It's kinda like that.

You normally need it to get past the last puzzles below the church (unless you use the bombs).

Yeah, I was tempted to use the bombs too, but then I realized I probably wasn't supposed to have them yet. Besides, I use the boomerang very regularly against the enemies that kill you almost instantly.

I found the placement of enemies in the overworld interesting. In the original game, by the time you find the dark world enemies, you've got dark world powers and stuff, so they seem normal. Now, you realize that certain enemies[like the jumping flower thing] are actually very powerful in comparison.

Nice work with the cannon warriors. Weak, but so cool.

While exploring Nayru's Bay. I was thinking, "Holy crap! There's a whole 'nuther dungeon down there!" Too bad.

Quote from: SpiffSpoo
I don't think I have heard new music yet  :(.

Me neither. The way the cannon guy is shown off the moment you leave the church, I expected to hear something by now. Maybe the dark world music...

This is just great. This is truly an awesome hack. Congrats on making the first full hack!

PS. The quote button has been screwing up for me recently, notice the homemade quote from SpiffSpoo.

Kiyoshi Aman

• RHDN Patreon Supporter!
  • Browncoat Captain
    • View Profile
    • Aerdan's Blog
« Reply #28 on: January 01, 2007, 02:59:26 pm »
hippiejake: Um, considering the intro walkthrough in the readme says to get the bombs, um... :p

Garoth Moulinoski

• Disliking that smoke.
    • View Profile
    • My Stuff including Super Smash Karts.
« Reply #29 on: January 01, 2007, 03:04:32 pm »
There isn't many complete Zelda ALTTP hacks so I got to give you major props for completing one. I'm sure hacking that game gots to be quite time consuming as I tried out that Hyrule magic before.

Dude... I only did a hard type hack and that was terrible to do... I can't imagine all the effort put into this... I haven't played it yet, but the patch's sitting on my hard drive, right now... Graphic's been changed! :D I wanted to give the mirror shield something similar to what he has... *grumbles*
Who will quote me next?
Disclaimer: If it sounds wrong, I may have been posting while asleep.

Lenophis

• Discord Staff
    • View Profile
    • Slick Productions
« Reply #30 on: January 01, 2007, 03:16:24 pm »
Ugh, minibosses should not ever, ever, ever, be harder than the actual bosses of a dungeon. I'm beginning to have my doubts about this...

Garoth Moulinoski

• Disliking that smoke.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 01, 2007, 04:39:22 pm »
Ugh, minibosses should not ever, ever, ever, be harder than the actual bosses of a dungeon. I'm beginning to have my doubts about this...

Uh-oh! That's not right! :P You serious?
Who will quote me next?

hippiejake

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 01, 2007, 06:18:31 pm »
hippiejake: Um, considering the intro walkthrough in the readme says to get the bombs, um... :p

Well, I didn't read the walkthrough part. My mistake.

Finished the first 3 dungeons; nice twist!

Also, I'd like to point something out. While your hookshot is moving, you're invincible, so use that to your advantage once you get it. You guys probably already know that, but it should be thrown out.

Uh-oh! That's not right! :P You serious?

Yeah, he is. The snake things in the second level are ridiculous. You gotta go past them like 3 or 4 times. I couldn't do it in full speed. Of course, if I had spent more time exploring for hearts and bottles, it'd be way easier.

I don't have any bottles. I KNOW I've missed something.

EDIT:
:o :o :o
Oh wow. I just figured out what Zelda's hint means[the one she gives you in the church after the intro]. I simultaneously discovered what the X button does. That is just amazing...
« Last Edit: January 01, 2007, 07:10:27 pm by hippiejake »

Lenophis

• Discord Staff
    • View Profile
    • Slick Productions
« Reply #33 on: January 01, 2007, 08:08:27 pm »
Ok, I managed to beat Din's Catacombs........but I never found the big chest in it. I'm also trying to find the third dungeon, and since it isn't marked on the map it's becoming rather frustrating.

Also: I did see the Master Sword, but since I don't have all of the jewels I couldn't get it. I currently have 6 hearts.

So, anybody know where the item in Din's Catacombs is?

Euclid

• View Profile
    • Parallel Worlds
« Reply #34 on: January 01, 2007, 10:17:20 pm »
The thing with the "mini boss" in Din's catacombs is that it respawns everytime, the first time you go in there you shouldn't be heading right for the boss (6 hearts in that room = nah...), instead, go find the bombable wall in the room to the right of the mini boss, and now you have access to the big chest key and big chest (gloves) in the dungeon.

Another thing about that dungeon is that there's more than 1 entrance to it, once you have the gloves you can go to the forest, use the "alternative entrance" to the dungeon to skip that troublesome mini boss, and go for the main boss, in which case you'll have a much easier time since you won't have to deal with 2 bosses in one run.

I'm well aware of the Nayru's boss bug (which it stops shooting) I can never find out why though... which is why I say it's "way easier than the mini boss".

And New music -> one dungeon in the dark world...

SpiffSpoo

• Wark!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 01, 2007, 10:24:25 pm »
The first Level isn't too bad, I got scared when I first came here saw what was under the water! But it wasn't too bad.  The mini-boss was harder than the Boss, but other than that it is all good.  And no heart piece after you beat a boss?  You people are evil, EVIL I tell you!

On an other note, I gave the Mushroom to the lady and she isn't giving me the Magic Powder, if that is what you get from her, I waited about 30 mins.   Am I suppose to get it later?  I am off to Din's now.
Wark!

misc20

« Reply #36 on: January 01, 2007, 10:57:15 pm »
On an other note, I gave the Mushroom to the lady and she isn't giving me the Magic Powder, if that is what you get from her, I waited about 30 mins.   Am I suppose to get it later?  I am off to Din's now.
To get the magic powder you have to enter the potion shop, it's inside next to the lady selling potions... Otherwise it's the same thing in the original game ;)

Garoth Moulinoski

• Disliking that smoke.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 01, 2007, 10:59:49 pm »
To get the magic powder you have to enter the potion shop, it's inside next to the lady selling potions... Otherwise it's the same thing in the original game ;)

LOL, I must've spent some good time on the original waiting for the old lady to give it to me... "AM I NOT WAITING LONG ENOUGH?!" Heh... Still haven't tried PW...
Who will quote me next?

Lenophis

• Discord Staff
    • View Profile
    • Slick Productions
« Reply #38 on: January 01, 2007, 11:06:47 pm »
Go right one screen and come back.

SpiffSpoo

• Wark!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 02, 2007, 12:17:29 am »
I did and it didn't work.  I saved, then restarted and the Powder was then inside.  I don't know why I needed to do that, but I have it now.

And an other thing, how can you tell if you get the 1/2 magic thing, because I just got it and I don't see an indicator on my magic meter.

EDIT:
I found it, I am dumb.  It's in the item menu.  Would by nice to have an on screen indicator though.
Wark!