News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: TMNT (NES) - ROM documentation project.  (Read 4085 times)

jwurmz

• View Profile
TMNT (NES) - ROM documentation project.
« on: October 01, 2010, 02:43:15 pm »
Hello everyone! I'm going to be studying, reversing, and documenting the (US) ROM for the game Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles for NES. This page will be for collecting all of my findings. Any ideas/criticism/help is certainly welcome, as always.  :beer:

Stay tuned!!!

[UNDER CONSTRUCTION]
"...you show me how to control a wild fucking gypsie and i'll show you how to control an unhinged, pigfeeding gangster!" - Turkish, Snatch

Jigglysaint

• Corruptomancer
    • View Profile
    • Stuff Jigglysaint has done(like discover the Crocomire in MZM)
Re: TMNT (NES) - ROM documentation project.
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2010, 01:32:55 pm »
To get you started, here's a few ram locations:  $73 - sub weapon type.  Note that you can add any value and have other game sprites that hurt enemies.  The best is 80 during the Rocksteady fight to see Rocksteady Vs. Rocksteady.  There's one entry for each turtle.

$77 - health of turtles.
$A8 - Ammo remaining for current subweapon.
$67 - Current Turtle

Should be enough to get somewhere, though I think Data Crystal may have already mentioned these.

Next Gen Cowboy

• "People are like dice"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2010, 08:57:50 pm »
I always thought this was an amazing game, I played it a great deal when I was young. My only real request is: I would like to know what happens when you hit a magnet late in the game, because many times my game simply froze when this happened!

Actually offhand, I'm pretty sure every time I touched a magnet the game froze, but I can't be sure. I did not make it that far many times (damn you water level with the bombs!) and my memories not so great in my old age.
"Remember when we were in Japan? You said you were my gun, if you're the gun then that means I'm the bullet."

"All my life I've been waiting for the gunpowder to go off, you know what you need to ignite gunpowder? You need a gun."

SpiderWaffle

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2011, 10:47:10 pm »
Has there been any development with this?  Anyone know a way to reach to jwurmz?  He isn't responding to PM.