News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules

Author Topic: Mega Man X5 Improvement Project Addendum (v2.0.3)  (Read 167511 times)

ChiliPimp

• View Profile
Re: Mega Man X5 Improvement Project Addendum (v2.0.3)
« Reply #460 on: November 21, 2021, 02:16:24 pm »
Did you make any modifications to the game in a hex editor after patching? If so then you need to recalculate EDC/ECC before it will work properly (see the Readme.txt). I use it in lr-duckstation with an official bios and don't have any problems.

Ok I see now, however Idk how to use this recalculator.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2021, 03:08:21 pm by ChiliPimp »

G30FF

• View Profile
« Reply #461 on: November 21, 2021, 06:51:33 pm »
Ok I see now, however Idk how to use this recalculator.

Read the Readme.txt file included with the patch to find a link to the recalculator. Download the executable file. You should be able to drag and drop the patched .bin file onto the executable file to run it. If it doesn't work that way you will need to use a command prompt.

ChiliPimp

• View Profile
« Reply #462 on: November 21, 2021, 07:06:16 pm »
Read the Readme.txt file included with the patch to find a link to the recalculator. Download the executable file. You should be able to drag and drop the patched .bin file onto the executable file to run it. If it doesn't work that way you will need to use a command prompt.

Ok I tried dropping it in the executable and it didnt work so how do I use a command prompt?

G30FF

• View Profile
« Reply #463 on: November 21, 2021, 11:56:51 pm »
Ok I tried dropping it in the executable and it didnt work so how do I use a command prompt?

"error_recalc.exe FILENAME.bin"

Use the path to the error_recalc.exe file, and the path to your bin file.

acediez

• View Profile
« Reply #464 on: November 25, 2021, 08:12:00 am »
I'll break down the script apart:

Thanks! I’ll try to give it a look soon.

To use the EDC/ECC recalculator, you can simply drag the modified BIN file into the executable. A command line window will open and close itself once it’s done, no actions or parameters required.

Gordon98

• View Profile
« Reply #465 on: November 30, 2021, 01:50:34 pm »
Hello, I really like what this hack has done, but there's still 1 thing that bugs me ever since x5 was released, and is the messed up teleport sounds for X and his armors, x4 and even x6 have the correct teleport sounds. Unarmored, Force and UA have the sounds inverted, while Falcon and Gaea have Zero's sounds for some reason, is it possible to fix this?