News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: SATURDAY NIGHT SLAM MASTERS FEATURING CAPCOM ALLSTARS  (Read 564 times)

jet

• View Profile
SATURDAY NIGHT SLAM MASTERS FEATURING CAPCOM ALLSTARS
« on: November 14, 2020, 04:51:22 am »
HI ALL,What do i need to download to add capcom characters from other snes games,i want ryu,ken,zangief & more in the game,im a noobie,just list all the download links and a video tutorial for beginners

thanks in advance

EpicDave

• View Profile
Re: SATURDAY NIGHT SLAM MASTERS FEATURING CAPCOM ALLSTARS
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2020, 11:26:41 pm »
Google. Seems like a good place to start. And I'm gonna tell you right now what you are asking is gonna take a shit ton of work and you can't just download shit to make it happen. I don't think anyone has even hacked Saturday Night Slam Masters for SNES at all meaning there probably isn't any documentation on how the game works, where information is stored, graphic decompression software for the game. Hell there is so much involved in what you're asking man good fucking luck. I mean no disrespect but you said your self you are a noobie. This would take at least someone a little familiar about how this stuff works to begin with.

Another thing. Let's say you know how to insert a new character into the game. You would have to modify the game in such a way to have more character slots so you can actually add more characters in the first place. I don't know how you would go about doing that. You would have to absolutely change the games code to allow for it I'm sure. The other way would be to replace existing characters which would be a simpler option maybe. Replacing the existing sprites with those of the characters you mentioned. They would still have to be edited to correspond with the moves of the character you're replacing otherwise you would have to program new moves in. Which is not easy at all. Look. I'm no expert. There are people far far more knowledgeable than I am about the process and I'm sure I've gotten a lot wrong just now.

Either way in the end, what you are asking is not an easy task in any sense of the imagination and you are not going to just be able to look up a tutorial for it and download shit to make it happen. It takes educating your self in a number of ways that is going to take time. No one just slaps open a youtube video and bam can just make it happen. Put in the time and effort and educate your self properly. Good luck.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2020, 11:43:25 pm by EpicDave »

Vanya

• View Profile
Re: SATURDAY NIGHT SLAM MASTERS FEATURING CAPCOM ALLSTARS
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2020, 01:23:15 pm »
There is a newcomers boards with information on how to start.
And like EpicDave said, this is not something that you're going to be able to do easily without a fairly intimate knowledge of the game and a solid understanding of basic ROM hacking.