News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules, Mobile Version
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia

Author Topic: Proud to announce my very first project: Super Meowrio Bros!  (Read 346 times)

ArkthePieKing

• View Profile
Proud to announce my very first project: Super Meowrio Bros!
« on: April 16, 2018, 01:08:33 am »
Greetings friends! Long, LONG time fan of all the hard work everyone puts in here, I've spent the better part of a decade on these forums mostly just popping into projects to say some encouraging words and foster an atmosphere of positivity. The things you all do have always been the next best thing to magic to me, and I thank you all for the years of entertainment. Finally, I've decided to undergo my own project. It's not anything extravagant, just a graphics hack of Super Mario Bros on the NES, but I'm looking forward to finishing it and sharing it with everyone  :laugh:

The idea is simple: Take Super Mario Bros, and make as many things as possible cat themed. It's simple, cute, and makes for some excellent puns (Collect the MOUSEshroom to power up!) I picked this game because its simple, and straightforward. I didn't want to overwhelm myself and give up part way through. Right now all I have done are the Mushroom, the Goomba, some of big Mario's sprites, the fireballs which are now yarn balls, and the little flag that sticks out of the castles. And now, please enjoy some screenshots!

IcePenguin

• RHDN Patreon Supporter!
    • View Profile
Re: Proud to announce my very first project: Super Meowrio Bros!
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2018, 02:18:36 am »
Loving that mushroom sprite!  Haha.  (I like mice)  Is this hack by chance inspired by the cat suit power up?  Anyway, I remember my first hack, and it was exhilarating to do.  Hope you have fun with yours!  Graphics hacks are the best way to learn when you are new to hacking.   :thumbsup:

Eden.GT

• Hardcore SMB1 Player and Hacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2018, 02:01:49 am »
No changing of levels?

Mauron

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2018, 06:31:14 pm »
It looks amusing. The top should say Meowrio or Mewuigi, depending on who you're playing as.
Mauron wuz here.