Good thing for the multiple font choices in Cleopatra. Sorry but that cursive font looks like it would be very difficult to read or hard on the eyes after awhile of reading.
I totally understand. Personally, my eyes don't have a problem with it, but I know having to use it would bother many people, especially those with visual impairments. Still, I didn't want to just have a boring font in there because that would bother other people. So, I wanted a way to make it so it had multiple font choices, to keep everyone happy. Originally, I had an ancient Roman font in there too (when I thought the game took place at the time of Cleopatra) and that was really hard to read! In fact, that was the reason I made it have 3 fonts (instead of 2), so there would be one easy to read one. But, then I decided the whole reason I put the Roman font in the game did not actually apply, so I changed it to the upper case font.
When I play the game, I constantly change the two fonts around just for fun. I guess, I usually use the Arabic font for the menus and one of the others for the body text.
Btw, before someone asks, the reason there is no mixed case font is that the DTE compression I chose to use (and to some degree the MTE compression) is designed to work with a mono-case font.
I think I know what that (12) is.
Yeah, I actually made some traction on this before I started working on TwinBee, but right now I'm kinda taking some time to actually play games.
April 14, 2018, 09:07:37 am - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
And, if I am not mistaken as to what project 12 on the site is, CHR ROM text data storage pain is imminent... that certain dev/publisher really liked to use that scheme in many of their games, not just that one.
Yeah, you got it. But, really, finding it was the hard part. I don't really think this will hurt much with the insertion process. Honestly, what make this a pain for me is the decisions I have to make. The games before an after this one have been poorly translated and have only a mono case font. I really want this game to match the look of the others, but to make it match means it needs to look uglier than it needs to. Also, testing the game will be more of a pain for me then usual.
The only thing that I'm set on is the new name and title screen which have been done for years.
I have the script dumped, aishsha
has translated a large portion of it, and when I've been working on the project, I've been formatting it for insertion.