News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Uncle Mario Bros.  (Read 2497 times)

zacmario

• View Profile
Uncle Mario Bros.
« on: March 22, 2018, 01:38:03 pm »
No, the hack isn't so awful you have scream Uncle to stop playing. :banghead:
This will be my first completed Smb 1 hack. It's about 95% done. It's the Mario bros. uncle. His name is Fabio, he is an olive farmer the resides in italy.
Mario and Luigi's father has become sicken by an ill-nes. It's up to Fabio and his trusty farm hand Pieto, go to the mushroom kingdom and bros. know what is going. However when Fabio arives, The Mario bros and Princess Toadstool are missing.

Here is couple lame screenshots :thumbsup:

the physics will slightly altered, however Fabio is awful at throwing fireballs!

Also the red piranhas and bullet bills arnt very patient!

Also forgot mention, I used " Renhoek   "'s weird mario bros hack as base.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2018, 02:42:27 pm by zacmario »

Ziko

• View Profile
Re: Uncle Mario Bros.
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2018, 01:59:14 pm »
Hey you used the Weird Mario sprite there for Uncle Fabio! I'll give this a go when it's finished.

zacmario

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2018, 02:44:47 pm »
Yes I did I forgot mention, I used Renhoek's weird mario bro's hack as base. So credit to them for that sprite.

Ziko

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2018, 08:09:10 pm »
I thought so! I played it a while ago during the whole Mario Maker craze which has died down now.

zacmario

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2018, 09:38:23 am »
Yeah, it has died down. We never did get wii u. Wish we had now. Maybe we will get the 3ds version sometime.

szemigi

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2018, 10:53:53 am »
Also, it seems the sprite and level styles (like the island/cannon one) was taken from my SMB Gold Edition hack.

zacmario

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2018, 12:17:43 pm »
I've never played it.. So kinda hard to take something from it...
All I did was rearrange what was already there. I dont about your cannon levels either, you mean the bullet bills? i just edited them with remodeler. I mean if you just moved  stuff around and wanted to keep an smb feel there bound to feel the same.
Maybe our styles are alike.. I don't know.
What I do know is that I'm positive I had long lost brother thought before you, I planned it years ago... I already changed my story line for you, so im not changing all my levels just because think ive copyed a game I never played.
Prehaps are philosophy on mario games are to simliar hence we are steping on each others toes. You know, I know thier is only so much you can do with smb1 . So I guess after this hack, I will hack another mario game, prehaps SML 1. I have respect for your work, which is why I even considered changing my story line. But im certainly not gonna stand for being accused of stealing your shit that I've never played.

If you really think their that close post pictures and I'll change it IF its feasible.

I just read the description of the hack you claim I stole from, from what I read it's just a rip off shane m's hack that has original levels... Sorry but I dont see the connection.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2018, 01:45:18 pm by zacmario »

szemigi

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2018, 06:36:21 pm »
Interesting. It was so familiar, that's why I didn't believe my eyes.

zacmario

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2018, 08:44:50 pm »
I really didn't. I've been around long enough to know better then that. But if you post pics of areas you think are the I'll change them. I'm almost ready to submit....

March 24, 2018, 01:40:29 pm - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
So I just watched the videos of both side a and b that accused me of stealing from. Do not ever accuse me of stealing your crap again, these hacks are not even close. In fact if I had to wager a bet, you used a randomizer and customized of that. You used smb2j objects, when I didn't. Our level design is not even remotely similar I aim for beginners, where you obviously aim for more advanced players.

I don't understand if you really believe they are that close or if you are trying to stop this hack so you can use idea yourself, but you can count on this being released. In fact just despite you I feel like changing to original story line that I surrendered to you.

Please from now think twice before you accuse of stealing, your not going to drive me away from the community that easily.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2018, 01:43:33 pm by zacmario »

Ziko

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2018, 08:16:40 pm »
There's no need to fight over this at all. :( I played your hack and the Gold Edition one (review here: http://www.romhacking.net/reviews/3378/#review). There's no comparison at all between them.. The former clearly is a beginner hack that used the base of Weird Mario. The latter is two hacks with a level curve akin to 2J which I have completed a couple of time already.

Don't accuse someone until you have evidence to back it up. I love both hacks and I want to see people create content and be civil about it. Also, this hack rocks! I liked the region coin designs you implemented zacmario as no other hack has yet to do the Odyssey thing. You both are talented in my eyes. szemigi, your hack as I mentioned in the review should be the go-to one instead of actually playing 2J itself (it's a pain in the ass on nesds where FDS emulation doesn't allow save states for those types of games).

zacmario

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2018, 11:56:24 am »
Yeah, I agree. Szemigi I hope we can move on, I respect your work.
Oh I play on nesds too, I wondered why my save states were messed up. I'll have to give szemigi's version a try.
I apologize for being a dink, hope we can move on.

Just for the record "missingnumbers" of mfgg actually drew those coins, I tried to add to the credits but for some reason they didn't come through.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2018, 12:01:56 pm by zacmario »