News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules

Author Topic: Zelda II - Amida's Curse (Out now!)  (Read 24910 times)

Ok Impala!

• View Profile
    • Ok Impala!
Re: Zelda II - Amida's Curse (Out now!)
« Reply #100 on: November 15, 2021, 12:12:40 am »
IM loving this rom hack thank you! i love the sprites and music alot. i was able to get softlocked where u get the flute .when dropping into the room i was able to land on the ledge at top of screen and walk to the left and drop into the ocarinas room and couldnt get out as i had no keys. had to reset. im alllllmossst to a point where i may be stuck, idk im still exploring :)

Thanks for mentioning this! You are the first who pulled this off on this particular place in the game! It's even so specific that I can't reproduce this. Could you send me a video on how you pulled this off? Let me know if you need a hint to continue the game!  :)
« Last Edit: November 15, 2021, 12:52:05 am by Ok Impala! »

greenghost420

• View Profile
Re: Zelda II - Amida\'s Curse (Out now!)
« Reply #101 on: November 15, 2021, 09:01:34 am »
ok ill see if i can do it again.  i managed to progress. ;) just got fairy spell so bout to go around using that where i was blocked.  :angel:

November 15, 2021, 09:25:40 am - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
i wanted to ask if there was any secrets in the overworld using the ocarina? i dont need spoilers just confirmation .
thanks.

i was also able to cheese the dragon be standing real close, he couldnt shoot me or the fireballs glitched out maybe? maybe tweak that so hes a bit harder?

i forget the name of the orange flying eyes that drop fire , theyres a bunch that never drop the just fly in n out so maybe up the heat on those guys if poss lol

if you jump while ur a fairy next to a wall you can get caught in the wall and cant get out unless ur use fairy again.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2021, 10:06:29 am by greenghost420 »

Ok Impala!

• View Profile
    • Ok Impala!
Re: Zelda II - Amida\'s Curse (Out now!)
« Reply #102 on: November 15, 2021, 11:04:11 am »
ok ill see if i can do it again.  i managed to progress. ;) just got fairy spell so bout to go around using that where i was blocked.  :angel:

November 15, 2021, 09:25:40 am - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
i wanted to ask if there was any secrets in the overworld using the ocarina? i dont need spoilers just confirmation .
thanks.

i was also able to cheese the dragon be standing real close, he couldnt shoot me or the fireballs glitched out maybe? maybe tweak that so hes a bit harder?

i forget the name of the orange flying eyes that drop fire , theyres a bunch that never drop the just fly in n out so maybe up the heat on those guys if poss lol

if you jump while ur a fairy next to a wall you can get caught in the wall and cant get out unless ur use fairy again.

The answer to your flute question:
Spoiler:
The lava devil is the only place you will need it.

This problem with the Dragon is a vanilla "feature", I can't really fix that.  :-\

The flying eyes thing is also a vanilla "feature" and has also to do with the limitations of the NES hardware.

I noticed that problem with the Fairy cancel too. But again, that's something that can't really be fixed unless I'd remove the whole Fairy cancel feature. But in this case I think the good outweighs the bad.

greenghost420

• View Profile
« Reply #103 on: November 15, 2021, 11:53:05 am »
ok those thing dont ruin the game,just figured id mention them. i just finished it and it was awesome. i need to replay it as i never found the life spell(pretty sure i know where this is) and the last spell. i think i found everything else. i like the bomb instead of the hammer. maybe make a few rocks bombable if possible? not sure you can. did you mess around with the final boss ai at all?  also is there ng+?

edit: i see theres ng+ of some sort at least :D

just realized i never went to the graveyard town so thats the last spell im thinking ;)

shout out to bentglasstube for crushing the music. def zelda 2 vibes
« Last Edit: November 15, 2021, 12:01:51 pm by greenghost420 »

Ok Impala!

• View Profile
    • Ok Impala!
« Reply #104 on: November 15, 2021, 01:14:15 pm »
ok those thing dont ruin the game,just figured id mention them. i just finished it and it was awesome. i need to replay it as i never found the life spell(pretty sure i know where this is) and the last spell. i think i found everything else. i like the bomb instead of the hammer. maybe make a few rocks bombable if possible? not sure you can. did you mess around with the final boss ai at all?  also is there ng+?

edit: i see theres ng+ of some sort at least :D

just realized i never went to the graveyard town so thats the last spell im thinking ;)

shout out to bentglasstube for crushing the music. def zelda 2 vibes

NG+ works just the same way as with Vanilla. Though I think you might be able to skip whole areas in Amida's Curse if you play that way. I think the game is most fun to play in normal mode.

Making Rocks bombable would've been possible, if I'd had any more areas to use. But truth is, I've used up every last one of them. Zelda II doesn't have that many areas you can use, so I had to be very smart in how I used them on the overworld.

Thanks! The music by bentglasstube is truly amazing. I still hum the songs every day!  :)

greenghost420

• View Profile
« Reply #105 on: November 15, 2021, 10:10:47 pm »
yea i got lost because of starting w spells allowed me to take another path and kinda got lost . im loving it. i just got to the lava temple so ill see if i can duplicate that softlock. :crazy:

Trax

• RHDN Patreon Supporter!
    • View Profile
    • Trax ROM Hacking
« Reply #106 on: November 16, 2021, 09:52:42 pm »
If an enemy doesn't spawn even though you expect it to, or doesn't attack, it usually means that the game engine couldn't find any slots for that specific enemy/projectile, for some reason. RAM can hold a maximum of 6 enemies and 6 projectiles simultaneously.

Ok Impala!

• View Profile
    • Ok Impala!
« Reply #107 on: November 19, 2021, 10:25:10 am »
Version 1.7 fixes a rare (but serious) bug, where a key might despawn after the boss fight in Temple 8. Upgrading is strongly recommended. http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/6292/

FanofSMBX

• Restricted Access
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: November 19, 2021, 12:36:10 pm »
Hi! The game has new custom graphics! Check out the release trailer to see some of it in action!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZCqrJi8xbZg

Hmm, it seems that
Spoiler:
Most of the enemies are similar to the original ones, including the bosses except the final Dark Link boss, unlike Zelda Outlands where a lot of it got changed.
Maybe I could make a base hack with new sprites to let people build on that since I have no level-design ideas... food for thought! Still, excellent hack with lots of thought put into the overworld, dungeons, and item progression.

lexluthermiester

• Submission Reviewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: November 20, 2021, 06:30:33 pm »
Version 1.7 fixes a rare (but serious) bug, where a key might despawn after the boss fight in Temple 8. Upgrading is strongly recommended. http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/6292/
Ah! Thank You sir!