News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: How do you research a translation project?  (Read 470 times)

filler

• RHDN Patreon Supporter!
  • "WINNERS DON'T SELL REPROS"
    • View Profile
    • Filler's Translation Projects
How do you research a translation project?
« on: March 13, 2018, 03:07:30 am »
Specifically I'm wondering how do you determine if someone else has already completed a project in your target language, or if someone else is already working on the project?

I'm curious since I myself have started a project someone was already working on, and I've seen it happen to others. I've also recently found a project that was completed, but never submitted to RHDN.

Psyklax

• View Profile
    • Psyklax Translations
Re: How do you research a translation project?
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2018, 03:19:26 am »
Google? :) If the project is already done and released, there's a good chance a quick search will find it. If someone is in the middle of it but never finished it, it's fair game.

This is the main reason I usually start a Personal Projects page early on, as a way of saying "hey, I'm doing this, so don't try it unless I say I've given up - and if anyone knows that someone is already doing it, tell me!" :D

I know there's been occasions when someone releases a great translation and someone pops up saying "aw, I was working on that for ages :( ", but I figure that such people, sad as it is, should've gone more public with their efforts, or got on with it. You snooze, you lose. ::)