News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: [RELEASED] Arle's Adventure - Magical Jewels GBC  (Read 1148 times)

Jazz

• View Profile
    • Jetran
[RELEASED] Arle's Adventure - Magical Jewels GBC
« on: March 06, 2018, 10:18:40 pm »
Hi Everyone,

This is a very old project which has been attempted many times (as you can see from the numerous patches available here at RHDN). A lot of these projects have been abandoned due to the complexity of how the pointer tables work within banks, the childish-style dialogue, and the lack of leniency in the screen layout for expanding text etc. For example there are many different controls all over the rom in order to make STAT now say STATUS over and above just repointering the text. Imagine this for full dialogue...

Well, I worked on this back in 2002, then picked it back up in 2009 after finally figuring out the pointer routines (there's a number of different formulas) and worked on it off and on for a few years until I decided it was a mammoth task to continue. Now recently I picked back up my project after replaying the game and coming across a series of bugs that didn't allow me to continue.

Now excitingly, I've gone through all the translated content, retranslated a lot of the existing text and finished off some of the key parts that will allow you to play the game, even if the dialogue isn't finished. Things like: Battle moves and their descriptions, all lists and menus which I've expanded boxes and moved things around so I can put full text in there, I've also added in the snazzy new font, and really just improved the quality across the entire translation. So I hope you all enjoy this timeless classic ... and it's annoying battles.

Translation Patch Link: https://www.romhacking.net/translations/3468/

From here, I'll just work on the dialogue and may/may not release another patch - this one I think is leaps and bounds above anything out there and gives a true understanding of what's going on.

I'd really appreciate other testers to let me know some feedback, improvements etc. If you also have time, some help translating some of the text would also be helpful.

« Last Edit: March 06, 2018, 10:29:19 pm by Jazz »
Jetran Website
View for Gameboy english translation projects

Discord: Jarryn #9202

mikeprado30

• View Profile
Re: [RELEASED] Arle's Adventure - Magical Jewels GBC
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2018, 11:51:05 pm »
Well, I hope you could release the full patch when time comes, but otherwise always is great to see a game not released in those side of the world getting its English treatment  :)

Thanks for your effort, and good luck in the future for this project  :thumbsup:

Jazz

• View Profile
    • Jetran
Re: [RELEASED] Arle's Adventure - Magical Jewels GBC
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2018, 09:11:16 am »
Thanks Mike. Kindly appreciated!
Jetran Website
View for Gameboy english translation projects

Discord: Jarryn #9202