News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules, Mobile Version
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia

Author Topic: Translations: Released! La Wares V1.00  (Read 2981 times)

RHDNBot

Translations: Released! La Wares V1.00
« on: March 05, 2018, 07:00:59 am »

Update By: La Wares

At first blush, our La Wares saga may not feel much like a love story in the spirit of Saint Valentine, but as "The Swami Sez" (Chris Berman), "That's why they play the game!"

This Super Famicom game patch in English is the end result of a collaboration between translator Eien ni Hen and Bongo`. Once Bongo` built the tools, he intended to offer it to Red Soul for coordinating the finishing touches. However, around that time, Red Soul became inactive in D-D. Instead, Recca took on the task of smoothing out the first insertion of English text but promptly turned that effort into a Romanian patch for La Wares that we released in 2015.

Thereafter, Wildbill took on the coordination of La Wares - English, but he was in the midst of wrapping up other project work ahead of it, including a contribution to Chaos Seed and the finishing touches and release of Super Shell Monsters Story-I. Then, Wildbill departed D-D on an unexpected two-year hiatus, to attend to family matters. When he returned to duty in late 2017, he quickly helped get Princess Minerva and La Wares rolling again, and here we are with the release of the latter mentioned game, less than two months following the Christmas present of Princess Minerva.

La Wares is a turn-based RPG that is somewhat shorter in length than our usual fare. Still, the beta testers have reported it is a fun play. The game combines elements of mechanized fighting in the field with typical combat against monsters in dungeon settings. Naturally, the fates of kingdoms, queens, and princesses are at stake, and an unlikely hero emerges to conduct actions that may accomplish what whole armies fail to achieve.

Shouts-out go to Eien ni Hen, Bongo` Recca, Draken, Taskforce, Filler, and our four testers (MariusB, SylarDean, akualung, and Recca again) for propelling this work to a successful conclusion. This patch is dedicated to Red Soul. At this time, our La Wares - English patch is available in all offered formats. Please visit our download section or the respective project page to obtain patches for either La Wares - English or Romanian - and enjoy!

RHDN Project Page

Relevant Link

Griever_GF

• View Profile
Re: Translations: Released! La Wares V1.00
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2018, 09:22:15 am »
Glad to see this game translated! The more classic turn-based JRPGs translations the better! :cookie:

mikeprado30

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2018, 01:15:47 pm »
Hail D-D!  :woot!:

Thanks again for so many years of great works, guys  :thumbsup:

Mugi

• Personal text
    • View Profile
    • Blacklabel-translations
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2018, 01:15:55 pm »
does this game / patch work on the snes mini ?
another reason for me to get on to modding mine i guess :P

In PSP we trust.

cccmar

• RHDN Patreon Supporter!
    • View Profile
    • Nebulous Translations site
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2018, 01:58:43 pm »
This one's based on Wares Blade, right? I recall trying that in the D20 system with my buddies. I guess it's a respectable, developed world all things considered, but I'd guess the game wouldn't be too complex still. I remember from the footage I've seen that it seemed rather straightforward. Gonna check this one out either way. :)

reyvgm

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2018, 03:40:14 pm »
does this game / patch work on the snes mini ?

Demi from the resetera forum says: "I've tested La Wares and it loaded just fine for me. I havent played the game to know of any bugs down the road of course. "

getter77

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2018, 05:29:43 pm »
Great to see yet more obscurities getting knocked out at long last.   :beer:

Special

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2018, 11:29:03 pm »
So where's the RHDN page?

filler

• RHDN Patreon Supporter!
  • "WINNERS DON'T SELL REPROS"
    • View Profile
    • Filler's Translation Projects
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2018, 11:42:32 pm »
The patch is available on DD's site. I'll submit the patch here in a bit if no one else does it first.

Atelier Tohka

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2018, 11:54:40 am »
The game is pretty good. I downloaded the patch when it was released on their site, and I have to say that I like the game quite a bit so far.

CrocMagnum

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2018, 09:32:07 am »
The game is pretty good. I downloaded the patch when it was released on their site, and I have to say that I like the game quite a bit so far.

Same. I also dig the Chara Design, somehow it resonated with me. At first I had no idea why, but it reminded me of the Animes/OVAs goodness of the '90. ^^

Upon checking on Dynamic Designs relevant link, I came upon the name Kazuko Tadano. Not only did she design characters for the Sailor Moon anime but she also designed some characters for the anime Dancougar. Haha! I new there was some goodness behind these beautiful character arts in La Wares.

Cheers for the hard work Dynamic Designs. :thumbsup:
« Last Edit: March 09, 2018, 09:57:12 am by CrocMagnum »
Pity the world if you fail Spirit Monk, for you are the last. (Jade Empire)

Googie

• eeee!
    • View Profile
    • My work in progress ROM Hacking site
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2018, 02:00:42 pm »
I know what I'll be playing this weekend... :D
The ROM Hacking community's cartoonist...

Special T

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2018, 07:30:37 am »
The patch is available on DD's site. I'll submit the patch here in a bit if no one else does it first.

I submitted the patch to the website (link). Hopefully I did it correctly  :)

fireball

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2018, 10:16:12 am »
What a nice looking RPG, I think this will be a real treat many thx for this.  :thumbsup:

kristigurl

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2018, 03:03:52 pm »
Looks like a great game...But i'm a bit leary of playing a DD translation... is this free of... certain things...

Isao Kronos

• ???
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2018, 07:27:49 pm »
that is a question better suited for asking them on their message boards

tc

• Lum Fan
    • View Profile
    • Eon Blog
« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2018, 07:58:15 pm »
Same. I also dig the Chara Design, somehow it resonated with me. At first I had no idea why, but it reminded me of the Animes/OVAs goodness of the '90. ^^

Upon checking on Dynamic Designs relevant link, I came upon the name Kazuko Tadano. Not only did she design characters for the Sailor Moon anime but she also designed some characters for the anime Dancougar. Haha! I new there was some goodness behind these beautiful character arts in La Wares.

Cheers for the hard work Dynamic Designs. :thumbsup:

Neat, hadn't heard of her. I'd better take note of that.

Pokemon in the '90s might've been the gateway to anime but it's the tip of the iceberg. Fondness for a certain yellow rat and Misty's personality, eventually led me to an '80s precursor to both in Lum. Who in turn can't go without mentioning Akemi Takada when we're talking character design.

(which reminds me, I forgot DD translated a Ranma 1/2 game. Lot of catching up on their work to do.)
« Last Edit: March 15, 2018, 02:45:47 am by tc »

Draken

• The Lost Son
    • View Profile
    • Dynamic Designs
« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2018, 05:08:38 am »
Looks like a great game...But i'm a bit leary of playing a DD translation... is this free of... certain things...

Yes, it is free of “certain things”  ::)

travel27

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2018, 11:13:06 pm »

Or, you know, thank the kind folk for using their free time to translate this game for free for everyone to enjoy, you know, just an idea.  A labor of love despite some ingrates...

By the way, what level should you be on by the end of the game?  Mid 20s?

edit: Level 35.

Great, top notch translation for a below average game.

« Last Edit: April 18, 2018, 08:25:14 pm by travel27 »

Midna

• Resident Panel de Pon Nut
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2018, 03:09:48 am »
Or, you know, thank the kind folk for using their free time to translate this game for free for everyone to enjoy, you know, just an idea.  A labor of love despite some ingrates...

I don't think that's too much to ask of anyone. I do think it's enough to ask of people not to shoehorn rants about American politics into the game. Last time I brought this up I got warned, though, so I'll refrain from elaborating.