News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: [3DS][WIP] Zelda: Tri Force Heroes - Purple Link project  (Read 608 times)

HTW

• View Profile
[3DS][WIP] Zelda: Tri Force Heroes - Purple Link project
« on: March 01, 2018, 07:42:51 pm »
Hello everyone, this is my 1st post here at RH. The following is a texture hack that I was working on last year, and never quite finished due to some file format issues. If there's some interest, I might make a post in the Help Wanted section at a later date.

The Legend of Zelda: Tri Force Heroes - Purple Link restoration project

This patch aims to replace Green Link with everybody's favourite absentee, Purple Link.

All of Link's outfits have been edited, along with every green-related stage element, text reference, and many of the menu/layout elements.

Download: https://mega.nz/#F!KkhDWBRI!bBIVzX4Lg5Ps13QvwQbgvQ (27.4 MB)
This download contains only the edited parts of the game's filesystem. A TXT file is included with information on all the files, and installation instructions. This patch is designed to be used on the game's US v2.1.0 update, and either requires a dumped and decrypted CIA copy of said update, or (not mentioned in the TXT file), can simply be placed on your SD card as a layered filesystem using the latest Luma3DS custom firmware.

The patch is 100% online-safe, although simply having CFW or homebrew software on your 3DS may pose a (mostly reversible) ban risk.

Green elements which have not yet been patched to purple are described in the TXT, and several optional files are also included. I hope you enjoy it! :thumbsup:

PowerPanda

• View Profile
Re: [3DS][WIP] Zelda: Tri Force Heroes - Purple Link project
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2018, 10:37:29 pm »
Cool project idea. For the sake of us colorblind people, can you make sure to go REALLY purple? Like, Fuchsia or Magenta purple? In 2 of the 4 screenshots, I have to stare at the picture for a few seconds before I can tell Blue from Purple. I never had that problem in the 4 Swords Games.

If you're already mostly done with the project, then disregard and just release what you have.

HTW

• View Profile
Re: [3DS][WIP] Zelda: Tri Force Heroes - Purple Link project
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2018, 10:47:14 pm »
That's a good point, PP. In fact I went through several drafts, starting at a brighter magenta and getting more indigo, to match the official artwork of Purple Link as closely as possible. It didn't occur to me to go by those old sprites instead. Luckily I still have some of the old drafts, so if work continues on this, then I'll make 2 versions side-by-side.