News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Trying to get into Boktai.  (Read 1689 times)

Jimmy John Joe

• View Profile
Trying to get into Boktai.
« on: May 25, 2018, 09:38:05 pm »
I'm currently playing Boktai. I really like it, and I enjoy the custom sun-adjusting controls in the My Boy! emulator on Android. As far as I know, it's the only emulator that has sun sensor support. The sun sensor was only for the Boktai games, and was an integral part of the gameplay. I want to recapture the feeling of actually using the sun sensor. My Boy! clearly has an option to use your phone's camera or whatever, but it doesn't seem to work. Any help? I'm using an LG K20. Maybe my phone doesn't support it, or maybe I'm just doing something stupid, but any help will be appreciated.

Chronosplit

• View Profile
Re: Trying to get into Boktai.
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2018, 08:26:31 pm »
mGBA in all forms has the solar sensor, including the core present on RetroArch.  RA is available for just about every single platform out there.  That I can guarantee is going to work, it's a setting that you adjust in options in increments of 0-10.

Tsukiyomaru0

• I have no regrets!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2018, 01:14:34 pm »
I suppose Jimmy wants the closest to the real experience, not some value you can change whenever.

Jimmy John Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2018, 11:06:39 pm »
Chronosplit, does the solar sensor on RetroArch use the actual device camera or is it just a manual setting? I want to play the game like I'm actually playing it on the GBA. Of course, it's more convenient to play while manually adjusting sun, but it kind of feels like cheating. But if there's no other option I'll go with that.

Also... I hate RetroArch on mobile. It's filled with confusing menus. If it was simplified a bit and given more customization options, it would likely be great.

I'll try and get this working tomorrow when the sun is shining. If it doesn't work then, I'll probably go manual.

Chronosplit

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2018, 11:53:43 pm »
It's only a setting, unfortunately.  I'm sorry that I can't offer much more help.

As far as menus go I just change the driver to xmb, don't look back, and control everything from touch control overlay or controller/keyboard.  Never was much confusion to me, but the default mobile UI is a pain to use IMHO.