News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: ROM Hacks: FFVI - Ted Woolsey Uncensored Edition V2.00 has been released!  (Read 6698 times)

Chronosplit

• View Profile
Re: ROM Hacks: FFVI - Ted Woolsey Uncensored Edition V2.00 has been released!
« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2018, 10:24:12 pm »
It's better in this case to go with the one that best fits menu limits, as neither name matches up.  Even though name canon is a thing for this term it's only in one game outside of things coming directly from VI (Dimensions), and in actuality the abilities aren't one single bit the same when you compare the original text.

One nitpick I do have though, is the title for the South Figaro weapon store a little off center for anyone else?  It looks a space or two off for me, but I don't really know if it can be fixed. XD
« Last Edit: February 26, 2018, 11:16:57 pm by Chronosplit »

Rodimus Primal

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2018, 06:40:40 pm »
It's better in this case to go with the one that best fits menu limits, as neither name matches up.  Even though name canon is a thing for this term it's only in one game outside of things coming directly from VI (Dimensions), and in actuality the abilities aren't one single bit the same when you compare the original text.

One nitpick I do have though, is the title for the South Figaro weapon store a little off center for anyone else?  It looks a space or two off for me, but I don't really know if it can be fixed. XD

The Weapons and Armor thing could probably be fixed one of two ways. It gets renamed as a universal term like Armory, or if the font gets an added ampersand (&) so that the words get centered better. I think the coding prevents it from starting from the left.

As for the Blitz naming, initially I chose to keep Bum Rush over Phantom Rush as a throwback to the original (which is why I also changed Meteor Strike to Meteor Suplex. That and it's actually what it is), but I didn't take into account adding in the Blitz Names in the menu later on. Now that they are (with the Add-Ons patch), I think it best to keep it. There really isn't a way to make Phantom Rush look right in the menu, but it would look fine when used in battle. Since TWUE uses the extended abilities names patch, the battle names are in a different location. 

Zeikar

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2018, 11:42:32 pm »
Hmmm

Spooniest

• Restricted Access
  • Madge, I want your body! 'harry your a beast!11'
    • View Profile
Having the lowercase I in Imperial Stormtrooper just looks weird, even though it is technically correct. The question really boils down to what medium you're in. If you're writing an article or series of articles on the clinical subject of Empires and their troops, then yeah you'd probably decapitalize imperial when refering to soldiers in their armies.

But since this is a form of entertainment, and weird things like that pop someone's willing suspension of disbelief once in a while, it's probably better not to distract your reader for technical perfection's sake.

Also, yeah the Opera Scene measures the timing of words being on the screen pretty weirdly, I never have known exactly why, probably something to do with the switch for a 'text clear' being timed to a certain beat of the music with Delay Tags (in FF3usME they look like <Dx> where x is a numerical value of how many time periods to wait. it's something like .25 seconds = 1).

You can't quite fit every single word of the Opera in and just plug it in and expect it to refresh the boxes on tempo correctly, it takes a bit of finagling. Being the music head I am, I couldn't resist such interesting work. :)

I haven't played this game yet so forgive me if I'm wrong, but unless "Imperial" is a proper noun in the game, the "i" should be lower case.
(emphasis mine)

This condition is technically met, to be honest. They're referred to as the capital e "Empire" for most of the game, with only a "Gestahlian Empire" here or there if I recall correctly.