News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Super Mario Bros. DX getting a massive revamp after years of inactivity.  (Read 22169 times)

IAmCaptPlanet

• View Profile
Re: Super Mario Bros. DX getting a massive revamp after years of inactivity.
« Reply #40 on: February 27, 2018, 01:46:17 am »
COOL, this hack is amazing looking. lol, funny on being pre-SMB Deluxe on GBC

that said. this hack http://www.romhacking.net/forum/index.php?topic=25849.0 has a few things i like better than yours and your hack has a few things i like better than it

mainly, the points build-up for starman (if there is a stand-alone patch it might be a good one to link in your readme)

and the font in that hack is just so LIT (looks like it fits in with later era Mario fonts)

good job though! now i have a new way to experience SMB1

flamepanther

• View Profile
Re: Super Mario Bros. DX getting a massive revamp after years of inactivity.
« Reply #41 on: February 28, 2018, 02:58:29 pm »
COOL, this hack is amazing looking. lol, funny on being pre-SMB Deluxe on GBC

that said. this hack http://www.romhacking.net/forum/index.php?topic=25849.0 has a few things i like better than yours and your hack has a few things i like better than it

mainly, the points build-up for starman (if there is a stand-alone patch it might be a good one to link in your readme)

and the font in that hack is just so LIT (looks like it fits in with later era Mario fonts)

good job though! now i have a new way to experience SMB1
Hey, thanks!

Yeah, it was weird for me when SMB Deluxe came out  :laugh:

That other patch sounds cool, and I'll have to check it out. However, since it adds a new frame to Mario's sprites, I suspect there's no easy way to make the two patches compatible. Either there's a mapper and bank switching going on, or he repurposed some tiles. If it's the former, then my patch probably won't apply properly. If it's the latter then the my remapped tiles are almost definitely going to conflict. I already had to fudge the patch creation a little bit to make my patch work with the SMB3 physics patch. Same goes for a lot of other hacks out there that would otherwise be interesting with these graphics.

However... I'm cool with it if other people want to manually mix and match elements of my graphics with other patches (or port them to other editions of Super Mario Bros.) I would of course want credit for my part of the work if the combined hack was released publicly, and I can't speak for the authors of other patches.