News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Snes emulators (Canoe, Snes9x) -- game problems and fixes  (Read 225188 times)

reyvgm

• View Profile
Re: Snes emulators (Canoe, Snes9x) -- game problems and fixes
« Reply #720 on: March 21, 2018, 10:22:56 pm »
Speed Racer (USA, 0000 pid, clean rom) --- broken menu racers
https://www.sendspace.com/file/nxl1bf

?
Wasn't this game already fixed by you some time ago?

*edit*
Yeah it was. A flickering line issue. What's this about broken menu racers? Where did you see someone reporting that?
« Last Edit: March 21, 2018, 10:28:32 pm by reyvgm »

Domino089

• View Profile
« Reply #721 on: March 21, 2018, 10:36:25 pm »
Or maybe sluffy is confused and this patch is for street racer

reyvgm

• View Profile
« Reply #722 on: March 21, 2018, 10:38:00 pm »
Or maybe sluffy is confused and this patch is for street racer

Ah, that's probably it. I'll wait to confirm the only mistake is the name and not that he actually used the wrong rom :P

sluffy

• View Profile
« Reply #723 on: March 21, 2018, 10:45:41 pm »
Long day at work. Street Racer.

Robin64

• View Profile
« Reply #724 on: March 22, 2018, 08:51:58 am »
Is the Soul Blazer patch good to go and put in the Patch Pack? Does it need 1068?

sluffy

• View Profile
« Reply #725 on: March 22, 2018, 09:41:46 am »
Patch good to fix flicker line. Needs 1068 to fix Volcano transparency regardless of patch.

lich

• View Profile
« Reply #726 on: March 22, 2018, 10:13:08 am »
Street Racer (USA, 0000 pid, clean rom) --- broken menu racers
https://www.sendspace.com/file/nxl1bf

So I'm finally back home to reality in Sweden. Aspen was a blast, now; back to the stock market and testing patches.

The character selection glitches in Street Racer are now gone, all characters are shown as they should. Can someone else confirm so we can mark this as fixed?

I can also confirm that Battle Pinball is now working correct.   

Something else need testing sluffy?

Fire-WSP

• View Profile
« Reply #727 on: March 22, 2018, 10:47:56 am »
Juraasic Park needed some testing and SRAM dumps as fr as I see. I just dont have enough time right now to check it myself.
Maybe you can have a look?

reyvgm

• View Profile
« Reply #728 on: March 22, 2018, 11:27:50 am »

Something else need testing sluffy?

Jurassic Park

PATCH TEST 2
https://www.romhacking.net/forum/index.php?topic=25789.msg354287#msg354287

Use a clean ROM Rev 1 for patch, use ID A210 (hakchi) / A410 (SFROM Tool).
Load the game, once it shows graphics, you can turn it off. Hook up the SNESC to hakchi, go to the save manager, and export the save file created. Upload it to sendspace.com (or whatever upload service you want). If possible, provide a save for each ID, but one is fine too.

lich

• View Profile
« Reply #729 on: March 22, 2018, 12:19:13 pm »
Jurassic Park Save States

PID A210 + patch

https://www.sendspace.com/file/n8nng9

PID A410 + patch

https://www.sendspace.com/file/0knsmx

ignore these downloads
« Last Edit: March 22, 2018, 01:25:50 pm by lich »

reyvgm

• View Profile
« Reply #730 on: March 22, 2018, 12:23:52 pm »
Sluffy, to open these files, change .clvs to .tar.gz and open with winrar or 7zip.

The sram will be called sram.hash - I don't know if that format is what you are looking for though.

lich

• View Profile
« Reply #731 on: March 22, 2018, 12:40:54 pm »
Sluffy, to open these files, change .clvs to .tar.gz and open with winrar or 7zip.

The sram will be called sram.hash - I don't know if that format is what you are looking for though.

I'm confused as fuck since I've been away. I used A210 & A410 in SFROM, that is in the correct order isn't it? I also tried the opposite way 10A2 & 10A4 in SFROM but in that order the game didn't boot. Brainfreeze for just being away 2-3 weeks, wtf.

Robins lists (see below) the PID for Jurassic Park as "10A2" but this is the "wrong" way isn't it? All of his other PID:s are listed the "correct" way aka SFROM way. That's why I got confused I guess..

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Cig-Kh3iBjm2KOWWtYOJTegxhQBdONFTfzZYzyrEQxs/edit#gid=1154410886

CanoeFan

• View Profile
« Reply #732 on: March 22, 2018, 12:49:28 pm »
10A2 or 10A4 is correct for SFROMTOOL.
A210 and A410 is correct for hakchi2.

reyvgm

• View Profile
« Reply #733 on: March 22, 2018, 12:50:55 pm »
I'm confused as fuck since I've been away. I used A210 & A410 in SFROM, that is in the correct order isn't it? I also tried the opposite way 10A2 & 10A4 in SFROM but in that order the game didn't boot. Brainfreeze for just being away 2-3 weeks, wtf.

Robins lists (see below) the PID for Jurassic Park as "10A2" but this is the "wrong" way isn't it? All of his other PID:s are listed the "correct" way aka SFROM way. That's why I got confused I guess..

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Cig-Kh3iBjm2KOWWtYOJTegxhQBdONFTfzZYzyrEQxs/edit#gid=1154410886

Uhh, wait no. Damn hakchi and their use of reverse ID order. The correct way is 10A2. The "10" or the "11" will always go first. Hakchi is the one that uses the "wrong" order (A210).

So if you used A210 in SFROM Tool, then you might as well have entered 0000 :P

On Robin's doc all of the IDs are listed the right way, starting with "10" or "11".

To make it easier to understand, imagine you're counting numbers. Which one would be the correct way?

or?

See? The first way is what makes sense.

But seriously, for testing purposes, just use hakchi. Take your rom, patch it with LunarIPS, add it to hakchi and add the ID the reverse way and that's it. Forget about SFROM Tool until after the game is fixed. Once the game is fixed, then use the tool to build a 'perfect' ROM.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2018, 12:59:24 pm by reyvgm »

Ludi55

• View Profile
« Reply #734 on: March 22, 2018, 01:23:36 pm »
im pretty much a noob with these things but i have a question,it is possible to make games like ganbare daiku no gensan and gekisou sentai car ranger to work on canoe at all?

lich

• View Profile
« Reply #735 on: March 22, 2018, 01:24:46 pm »
Yeah I first entered it the way it should be but I got black screen error. Will test again

*edit*

Patched the rom the traditional way (lunar ips) -> Disabled SFROM in Hakchi CE to get the reversed PID command (ctrl+alt+e) -> entered the PID the reverse way "A410/A210" and the game still won't boot/blackscreen.

So I guess I did it right from the beginning, then I fiddled up the PID and entered them in the wrong order, and then my brain started meltin. Heck, I've tried a bunch of patches and different preset id:s before. Don't know what's up with ze brain today without any problems. Can someone else test the game with the "jurassicpark1".ips?

Forgot to mention that I tried two vanilla roms (latest no-intro pack and a rom from vimm.net

« Last Edit: March 22, 2018, 01:38:02 pm by lich »

reyvgm

• View Profile
« Reply #736 on: March 22, 2018, 01:43:57 pm »
Yeah I first entered it the way it should be but I got black screen error. Will test again

*edit*

Patched the rom the traditional way (lunar ips) -> Disabled SFROM in Hakchi CE to get the reversed PID command (ctrl+alt+e) -> entered the PID the reverse way "A410/A210" and the game still won't boot/blackscreen.

So I guess I did it right from the beginning, then I fiddled up the PID and entered them in the wrong order, and then my brain started meltin. Heck, I've tried a bunch of patches and different preset id:s before. Don't know what's up with ze brain today without any problems. Can someone else test the game with the "jurassicpark1".ips?

Forgot to mention that I tried two vanilla roms (latest no-intro pack and a rom from vimm.net

Using no-intro is the way to go. I don't know what romsets vimm uses, but if those are the same ones that have been there for decades, then I would suggest you never touch them.

I guess both of JP's latest patches gave black screens to everyone then.

-------

Check out this readdit thread by Robin64 and people congratulating sluffy for all the fixes:
https://www.reddit.com/r/miniSNESmods/comments/84u2t7/sfrom_tool_expanded_support_patch_pack_140/

I particularly like this comment:
"sluffy is a mad man. having no snes mini himself just fixing that stuff like a true 90s movie hacker"

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

lich

• View Profile
« Reply #737 on: March 22, 2018, 01:52:38 pm »
Do you use Hakchi CE, and if, you disable the built in sfrom right? Yeah I've been apart of the /minisnesmods since start, just using a different nickname :)

Btw, Vimm's Lair is a true OG, he's been in the game since day one; "Welcome to the Super Nintendo Vault. This Vault contains a perfect copy of every Super Nintendo game released in the US, verified by No-Intro."  All roms that have been updated to a different rev is on that site. I only use Vimms to double check.

CanoeFan

• View Profile
« Reply #738 on: March 22, 2018, 02:51:31 pm »
I now also tried the jurrasic1 patch and both 10A2 and 10A4 gave a black screen. (the kind of black screen where you can make an emulator save when hitting reset. So no C7 error.)

reyvgm

• View Profile
« Reply #739 on: March 22, 2018, 04:24:38 pm »
Do you use Hakchi CE, and if, you disable the built in sfrom right? Yeah I've been apart of the /minisnesmods since start, just using a different nickname :)

Btw, Vimm's Lair is a true OG, he's been in the game since day one; "Welcome to the Super Nintendo Vault. This Vault contains a perfect copy of every Super Nintendo game released in the US, verified by No-Intro."  All roms that have been updated to a different rev is on that site. I only use Vimms to double check.

Oh that was you? :P

Well if Vimm is using No-Intro, then good. I thought he was using old GoodSNES versions still.