Version 4.0 is out!!!
- New shiny GUI design! It takes less space and hopefully it is intuitive.
- New BPP: 2bpp (NES). Nintendo
- New BPP: 2bpp (NGP). Neo-Geo Pocket.
- New BPP: 15bpp (BGR 555).
- New feature: Import of Graphics!!! Yes finally you can change the graphics!!!
- New feature: Saving a ROM.
- New functionality: Importing graphics in a ROM!
- New functionality: New scale-able file format.
- Bug-fixes: changing a graphics name after sort of the list.
*Download from the first post.
Its been a while since I last updated, but hopefully the waiting was worth because there are plenty of new features.
First of all is a new shiny design. This allowed me to free space in the upper bar for future content.
Second for the first time we have import of graphic, which mean we can change things in the ROM. For now that functionality is limited but will soon grow fast. The major limitation is compression, you can not change compressed thing. The second is the Templates that it applies - so far the first four - 4bpp GBA and 2/3/4 bpp SNES.
Next highlight is support for new consoles - NES, NGP, PSX. This support come trough formats native to the specific console. It was interesting for me to work with Playstation 1 games. As a more contemporary console internally it works with formats similar to PC - no planes, no tiles, all linear.
For the first time we have support of non-palette graphics 15 bpp (BGR 555). One interesting application of that option is to visualize a palette (SNES, GBA, PSX) as graphics and ability to save it in a file. You can choose how to arrange it - how many rows/columns.
Finally but not the least - a new file format to save your work. This new format is scale-able, which mean that even when there are changes on internals, you are sill be able to open older version!!!
Proof of concept (PSX game MegaManX4):