News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: I need of a WAD unpacker/repacker  (Read 688 times)

Mirakichi

• View Profile
I need of a WAD unpacker/repacker
« on: January 28, 2018, 12:56:30 pm »
Hi, someone knows a tool for unpack and rebuild the .wad files on this archives https://drive.google.com/file/d/1d0S3mcq_Gp9RlJJ908z23BECNTin14Su/view?usp=drivesdk

I've tried manys WAD tools, but none worked.

Jorpho

• The cat screams with the voice of a man.
    • View Profile
Re: I need of a WAD unpacker/repacker
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2018, 03:45:43 pm »
I'm guessing from the filenames that you're looking for something capable of unpacking "WAD files" used with the PS2 version of God of War.  It is not unexpected that miscellaneous "WAD tools" would not work, as there are many other games that coincidentally use files named "WAD" that are probably completely different from the ones used by GoW.

Have you tried doing a Google search for ["god of war" "wad"], without the square braces?  I found this thread.
http://zenhax.com/viewtopic.php?t=325

More importantly, perhaps you could say exactly what it is you want to do with these archives after you unpack and rebuild them?
This depresses me. I feel like a goldfish right now...

Mirakichi

• View Profile
Re: I need of a WAD unpacker/repacker
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2018, 06:44:52 am »
I've searched on the Google for a tool, and I had seen the topic in Zenhax site.
But the scripts that I have found on net are only to extract the 3D models, and don't make the rebuild.
My goal is to translate the in game texts of this game, and there's that classic romhackers problem, insert LARGE TEXTS in the archives, for which is needed a tool for rebuild the archives.
If I knew how works the structure for these WAD, the indexes, offsets, TOC, I will make manually the rebuild, but I have no idea of how the TOC works,
CAN you help to understand the format this specific WAD.?