News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules, Mobile Version
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia

Author Topic: Super Mario kart hacks  (Read 408 times)

boot-error

• View Profile
Super Mario kart hacks
« on: January 27, 2018, 10:26:13 am »
 :banghead:Almost all the hacks listed here for super mario kart are impossible. No reviews on most of these either. Can anyone give me a list of good ones so I do not have to endure another impossible AI. If I can get to playing a decent one I will review it and give it an amazing review for being reasonable and playable. Perhaps I can toss in bad reviews to ones that are terrible in nature but first I want one that honestly works.

Ice Man

• View Profile
Re: Super Mario kart hacks
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2018, 08:21:46 am »
How are they impossible? I've played most of them and they work fine. Perhaps state which ones are impossible?

Jorpho

• The cat screams with the voice of a man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2018, 09:11:58 am »
Can anyone give me a list of good ones so I do not have to endure another impossible AI.
While hacking tracks and graphics is straightforward, making changes to the AI algorithms would be such difficult work that I doubt anyone ventures there.  Have you played Mario Kart lately without any hacks?  Perhaps you will find the AI is just as impossible in the original game.
This depresses me. I feel like a goldfish right now...

Midna

• Resident Panel de Pon Nut
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2018, 07:42:31 pm »
How are they impossible? I've played most of them and they work fine. Perhaps state which ones are impossible?

"Impossible" as in "ridiculously hard", probably. Having played most of the Mario Karts, I can vouch for the 2D ones being much harder than the 3D ones. (Although no custom Super track has the 90-degree angles and bouncy mushroom spam of any given custom Wii track, so there's that.)

Dirtbag

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2018, 09:29:18 am »
:banghead:Almost all the hacks listed here for super mario kart are impossible. No reviews on most of these either. Can anyone give me a list of good ones so I do not have to endure another impossible AI. If I can get to playing a decent one I will review it and give it an amazing review for being reasonable and playable. Perhaps I can toss in bad reviews to ones that are terrible in nature but first I want one that honestly works.

Interesting, have you tried my hack, Super Baldy Kart?  I think I made it easier than the original.  I've tuned the drivers stats so the are a easier drive than the original and made the AI not programmed to drive flat out.

Here's the link:
https://www.romhacking.net/hacks/2460

boot-error

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2018, 05:29:15 am »
Thank you dirtbag. I will try that one. Thanks for a clear answer over the answers above yours. Ice man I have infact played and beat the original and pro editon is silly hard but I understand just by looking at its name and death courses again its name is self explanatory. Doubble dash is decent at first but then there is an track of a mario 64 level and its stupid confusing and impossible. Niko starts out ok but also has a plethera of stupidly designed maps that turn any player into harvy wall banger. Special edition! It is special alright specially hard even though it has reasonible maps the AI us far from reason. More like out of sight. Super mix! Another impossible AI. Is it just me ir do I choose the wrong ones. I saw N64 reverse remake is being redone do to these problems and yes I am a victom in that map set as well. If of these I listed you can honestly say you beat I declair your full of bull unless you post a video anx even then I smell TAS.

thedarkbanshee

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2018, 03:47:02 am »
You can also try my Super Sylvain Kart since it is not in your list of impossible custom maps https://www.romhacking.net/hacks/2998/ it is far from impossible I promise thought it has technical driving skill I highly doubt you will find it to hard.