News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules, Mobile Version
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia

Author Topic: The Adventures of Skyrim (Help Needed)  (Read 356 times)

Googie

• eeee!
    • View Profile
    • My work in progress ROM Hacking site
The Adventures of Skyrim (Help Needed)
« on: January 25, 2018, 08:22:28 pm »
So I've been playing this game for a while now, I just finished seeing the old men on top of the mountain to get a horn for them. I'm at level 6, I also have a female guard with me to keep me company. What I wanna know is this...

Where in Skyrim can I go to level up, I need to be stronger because when I face the Ice Trolls, they kill me with two to three swipes. I had no idea how big of a game Skyrim is, but I'm willing to grind so I can advance, this is a pretty cool game.

Thanks everyone for any advice you can gimme. :laugh:
The ROM Hacking community's cartoonist...

weissvulf

• Good news! An anomaly solved the enigma.
    • View Profile
Re: The Adventures of Skyrim (Help Needed)
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2018, 10:44:50 pm »
Yeah, Skyrim does a lot of things right. It's been ages since I played it so I could be wrong, but I don't think leveling up does any good because enemies scale with you. It's more about keeping your equipment quality at or above your current level. Of course, enchanting, smithing etc can help. Also, I think levels are achieved as you increase skills rather than when you earn experience.

Therefore, you can level up by practicing smithing or brewing potions. One of the easies and most profitable ways I remember was Alchemy. Ingredients are common and you can even make a profit when buying some ingredients. Just experiment until you find high dollar potions made from cheap ingredients.

SleepyFist

• View Profile
Re: The Adventures of Skyrim (Help Needed)
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2018, 09:34:38 pm »
I recommend carrying lots of poison always, make sure you also have well enchanted weapons, I carry one flame enchanted silver shortsword as well for dealing with the undead.

Other than that be stealthy, be cautious, and cheese the hell out of the AI whenever possible, in tough battles dodge around until you have stamina and ground to launch an attack, sneak attack bow criticals are also extremely helpful for setting up easier fights.

As for where to level up, probably weissvulf's suggestion, I played at a fairly high difficulty just wandering around throwing myself at threats repeatedly till I learned how to beat them, there wasn't much strategy involved in picking my battles.
Sleepy's tune of the week || Flamingo: Metal Cover|| https://youtu.be/Pr2VRxfbFtg