News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules, Mobile Version
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia

Author Topic: Missing hack / translation entries  (Read 257 times)

Special T

• View Profile
Missing hack / translation entries
« on: January 25, 2018, 06:40:11 pm »
I recently encountered a problem where I was trying to locate a hack or translation that disappeared from the database. I know the hack was listed on this site but just couldn't find it. I finally figured out what happened to the entry by accident because I followed a google link referencing the hack. Here's an example:

The Auto Boot SYSTEMCARD 3.0 for the PC Engine was removed from the database. As far as I can tell the only way to know that the hack ever existed on this site would be if you had the exact url to get to that page.

I clicked on the history page and figured out why it was removed, but how would I have known why the game was deleted if I didn't have the url.

I used the waybackmachine to access the original page.

I understand that some hacks/translations may need to be deleted if they don't comply with the rules but I think it would still be helpful to have access to that history page to know why the hack was deleted so in case anyone is looking for it.

Is there an easier way to find pages/entries that have been deleted without having the exact link?